“Not as good as it used to be” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Via Luna

Via Luna
1 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)
954-465-2300
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Luna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 1,064 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Cross street: Castillo St
Description: Breakfast, lunch and dinner with outdoor dining available / Reservations recommended
Libertyville, Il
“Not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We ate dinner on the patio. I understand that the lighting is supposed to be "turtle friendly". Unfortunately, it makes all of the food look horrid. My fish was overcooked and the greens underneath it were so tough that I couldn't cut through them. Service on the otherhand was excellent. Something is going on in the kitchen. I will think twice before returning.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Florida
“The Ritz has lost its Glitz!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

A nice facility with good food. The servers were well trained but under staffed and although they hustled the service was quite slow. Outside dinning with a beach view is available but be aware that there may be a lot of traffic noise from passing cars. Since becoming part of Marriott family the Ritz seems to have lost its Glitz. It appears to be toning down its elegant image and trending more to a family oriented chain. Too bad, there are many family restaurants but few restaurants as elegant as the Ritz once was.

Visited October 2013
Virginia
“Not at all what we had expected”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband wanted to take me out for a really nice dinner, well guess what?
It was extremely disappointing, and I could not eat my pasta dinner. I had to return it, and I do not ever, I mean EVER do this....
My husband ordered blackened grouper! but it actually was not blackened, it looked boiled but he said it was good.
Our server needs to take some lessons on being personable, he went and leaned against the rail which was about 4 feet away and took our order.
Then when we got the bill they added on 20 percent, shame on the Ritz Carlton, we both own businesses, work hard and like to dine at very nice Restaurants and stay at nice resorts .
What a waste of what was supposed to be a beautiful relaxing evening....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hollywood, Florida
“I keep going back for more...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I love the service at Via Luna, all of the waiter's I had so far have been amazing. I can truelly say out of all the restaurants I have been to in south Florida so far, via luna have the best service when it comes to the waiters. The restaurant is inside Ritz carlton hotel. Honestly i dont think the prices is bad at all. But than again I eat out alot and I know the different between good and bad prices or when restaurants tried to ripe you off. If you want to have a nice and quite and peaceful dinner where soft music is playing in the background this is the place to go too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cromwell, Connecticut
“Relaxing lunch with Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Leave it the Ritz to have their wait staff "over serve" ...its about the service and they perform! From the beginning to the end of lunch my server was incredible - I had three different apps and he made suggestions on the timing of the service. In addition he comp'd my second glass of wine!

• Visited September 2013