“Great Hotel, Awesome Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of W Fort Lauderdale

Save Saved
You added W Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
W Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #17 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Miami, Florida
“Great Hotel, Awesome Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed at this property for the July 4th weekend and I must say that I truly enjoyed my stay. I was located on the 11th floor with a partial ocean view. The room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. The decor was very contemporary. Any requests made for extra pillows, towels, toiletries were fulfilled quickly. The staff at check-in were very welcoming and answered every question/concern I have. The valet parking and room service staff were amazing too, very helpful and polite. I wish I could have stayed longer at this property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Margothkatty,

I’m glad you were able to join us for the holiday weekend and that you enjoyed your room and stay. We hope you can visit again soon – maybe for a longer stay!

LBosco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We had multiple families staying at the hotel at the same time with great results. The hotel staff was incredibly polite and accommodating at every level. Room had views of oceanfront and inter-coastal, beach access is right across the street, great pools, workout facility and location is near bars, restaurants and mall - plenty of activities for all of the various members of our families. Suites have full kitchen which is great when traveling with multiple kids and rooms were very comfortable with everything we needed and the wife loves their Bliss products. We will certainly be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Joshua H,

It’s great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent visit. I’m glad you were able experience all that the hotel has to offer from WET to FIT and even had a chance to explore a bit of Fort Lauderdale. And we must agree with you wife – the bliss products are easy to love! We hope to welcome you all back again soon.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Located across street from ocean. Walk to shopping, restaurants, and bars. Contemporary hotel. Couple of small issues. Waited and waited for our luggage to be brought to us. Finally got it ourselves. (Told we were not supposed to do this as they would get in trouble. We waited 30 minutes. Wanted to change clothes and see sights.) Very modern room. Peek a boo bathroom area. You can watch your better half take shower. You can request shower curtain for glass see through shower. Waiting to hear from GM re. a charge that should not be on our bill. Room offered partial view of ocean. Would return to hotel on next trip to Ft. Lauderdale.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
redd9063,

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay, though I’m sorry to hear about the wait for your luggage. I hope you have heard from our team regarding your bill concern, if not, please feel free to email us at GM.WFortLauderdale@Whotels.com with reference to your Trip Advisor comment so we can further assist. We look forward to your next visit!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Mixed experience at this property for a long weekend (Thursday – Sunday) in mid July.
"W"here is everybody? We arrived by limo (company trip) from airport and there was nobody to greet us so we had to take luggage ourselves into hotel and up to check-in. No big deal really but our first hint that they were understaffed.
"W"eird: The building is curved so balconies can be different sizes and shapes. Ours was near the end of the curve so it was very tight. They did put two chairs on the balcony but it was so tight that the chair backs hit the wall and the front was against the outer glass. No way to sit on them really. Ridiculous. Note to hotel: Use smaller furniture if you must on some balconies. We changed rooms (it was also next to elevator) and got a balcony that was a bit better but had only one large chair.
"W"atch your toes! These rooms are not well lit. It’s a W so they aim for that avant garde modern edge, but this lighting was absurd. Some in our group requested desk lamps for their bathroom!
"W"aterless: We could not take showers on two evenings around 6:30. Evidently that is a popular shower time and the water pressure was not sufficient to move the water from the faucet to the shower head. (“Rain” shower head – which I don’t like on a good day). Called down and they seemed surprised to hear of my situation but the maintenance guy said it happens all the time in higher floors in certain parts of the building. Nice.
"W"aiter? The pool on Thursday was not crowded but it was near impossible to find someone to help you or bring you a drink. It rained in the morning and the comfortable cushions on the chairs were still very wet (some with puddles on them). They could have been draining with a little attention. Friday, Sat & Sun the pool teems with people and the hotel staff was much more evident and helpful. They obviously staffed based on occupancy which is weak during the week but soars during the weekend in summer.
"W"hat a difference a day makes. While Thursday at the pool was disappointing, Friday poolside was great with a nice crowd, attentive staff, excellent (if pricey) drinks and delicious poolside food. Saturday and Sunday they open the pool to the public and the vibe changes completely. They bring in a DJ and the music gets VERY loud (hard to hear each other converse), and the pool gets crowded and much younger. Staff are still attentive but difficult for them to keep up. Not pleasant for 40 yo or older.
Bottom line this is a nice hotel but one of the weaker in the W chain. Most others are newer and don’t appear to try as hard to be hip. They just are. Rooms are a bit pricey for the value and many in our group had days when the cleaning staff did not even show. They were given handsome credits to make up for it, but should this really happen so often at a W hotel? At the end of the day I give it a W for "W"eak.

Room Tip: Rooms on North and South sides have view of Ocean and Intracoastal. Ask about balcony size. Best one...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sangiof,

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay – we appreciate the feedback! While I’m sorry to hear of the challenges you experienced upon arrival and with your in-room water pressure, I am happy that your weekend WET service experience was pleasant. Again, we truly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

l truly enjoyed my stay at the W Hotel. In my opinion, the hotel was very thoughtful in what they offered their guests. For instance, I wanted to continue my workout routine while traveling and the W offered complimentary yoga and boot camp style classes on the beach for hotel guests. The property also has several areas perfectly suited for relaxing/visiting with companions and they have live music and a DJ on certain days.

Our room was pleasant with a nice view of the ocean & beach access is literally across the street from the hotel.

I traveled with my mother & sister; we all agree that we will stay at the W the next time we're in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ShiningStar1000,

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay! It’s wonderful to hear that you were able to keep up your workout routine with the complimentary Beach Boot Camp and Yoga classes and that you were able to enjoy the live music around the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you and your mother and sister back again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

As a frequent traveler, I am keenly aware of what makes a hotel memorable or just so-so. My 3-night stay at the W Fort Lauderdale was a memorable one. Starting with the friendly greeting by the car valet to the warm reception at the check-in desk, I knew that my stay would be very enjoyable. During check-in, the desk clerk let me know that there was a reception in progress for SPG members. He held my bags and I spent some time at the reception where I met other fellow travelers. My room was very clean and the bed, as in all Starwood hotels, very comfortable. The location was also excellent. Close proximity to the airport, across from the beach and within walking distance to some fine dining establishments. All in all, a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
64vette2013,

It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to join our SPG Mix and Mingle, a part of our Resort Programming. I’m also glad you enjoyed your room and the location of the hotel. We hope to welcome you back again!

Monsey, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Had a wonderful time staying at W FLL rooms were beautiful! Staff was really attending !

Valet parking was overpriced for the area... My only complaint is a child had a accident at the pool so they had to close it for a day...

I have sent multiple friends and family as well and they all enjoyed their stay.

Stayed August 2013
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
mo_c0,

I’m glad you enjoyed your recent stay and liked your room! I’m sorry to hear that WET had to temporality close, I hope you were able to enjoy our other pool during that time. Thank you for recommending us; we hope to welcome your friends and welcome you back again soon!

LBosco

Been to W Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!