“Great Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of W Fort Lauderdale

You added W Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
W Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #16 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed at the W from July 8 through the 11th. From the onset, the hitel loiks very nice and the reception was great. We booked a two bedroom marvelous flat. I got the impression that the room maybe wasn't used recently. The sink was dirty, had food debris in it and the floors were not well maintained. Our 11 month old was traveling with us and anyone who has an infant knows they find any and everything so I did not hesitate to call housekeeping within a few hours of checking in after my son found an earring back and was about to pick up what looked like a crusty old toe nail. The second bedroom bed was broken and the upholstery in the office area needs cleaning. But hoysekeeping was very accomodating. They just apparently don't do detail cleaning. And the bed slats broke again causing the top of the bed to sink to the floor.
We ate in the hotel at Steak54 each morning and the frenchtoast is the absolute best I have ever had. Tiffany that works there is absolutely wonderful.
The pool area on the tower 2 side is a dream... no one was there. There was no pool bar or attendants on that side but.. it was quiet and perfect for us.
Beach directly across the street from the hotel could be a departure from the pool scene but it wasn't my cup of tea.
All in all..great stay. My only recommendation would be for the hoysekeeping staff to inspect and detail tge rooms better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Teneallday,

Thanks for your review. I’m glad your family was able to enjoy Steak 954 and WET West. We appreciate your feedback regarding the readiness of your room and have shared this with our team in hope of improving future guests’ experiences. We hope to welcome you and your family back again soon.

All the best,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (775)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This review is long overdue. I stayed at the W last July with my husband on our first anniversary. Upon arriving, valet was very helpful. They were literally running to our car and insisting we don't touch any bags. I felt like the boys never went home as during our entire stay only 2 helped us. My husband thanked them at the end of our stay with a $100 tip they were so good (we usually don't tip this much!) Never in my life have I had such GREAT service. I ordered towels and minutes later there's a knock on my door and the man is out of breath delivering my towels. I stayed in the smaller room and requested an ocean view which was accommodated. I can say the drinks are VERY pricey, stay away from the bar. 2 drinks cost us $70. Go to the liquor store if your staying for an extended period of time.

Room Tip: Request an ocean view if you can. The views and sound are amazing! I love staying by the beach for t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
543CANO,

Thanks so much for your review and congratulations on your one year anniversary! Thank you for recognizing our Wheels Talent, we’ll be sure pass along the kind words. We hope to see you again soon – perhaps for your next anniversary!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Cool hotel, awesome pool and deck overlooking the ocean. I stayed in Tower II, it was just a basic room. I was not overly impressed for it being the W and all. Felt dingy and old. My room was definitely lacking brightness and freshness. The lighting was not good overall throughout the entire room. The shower is completely open glass on one side, so whoever is in the bed or sitting area will get a full show. The room itself had not been kept up very well. Hairdryer and iron was very outdated. The carpet and walls had stains. The hotel is impressive, my room not so much. Still can't top South Beach W!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dbeck 768,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m sorry to hear the room didn’t quite meet your expectations, but am glad that you were able to enjoy WET. We’ve shared your feedback with our team in hopes of improving future guests’ stays.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

What a great hotel! We stayed on the 18th floor and were amazed by the view and the room setup.
We had a part ocean view which was nice because you could look all the way to Miami as well. We were in one of the spectacular rooms. Huge bathroom with glass walls. big balcony but no chairs.
The hotel is decorated in a modern, trendy style and the lights were kept low even during the day.

The pool was amazing, has a large rectangular, clear plastic cube which almost splits the pool. The water had the perfect temperature and we found plenty of sun chairs.
I also loved the white stuffed alligator on the bed I bought when I checked out. Got so attached to it lol.
The service couldn’t have been any better. It started when we parked our car outside, they guys came running as I would have been a famous actor. The luggage handler was very talkative which I loved. The staff behind reception was very professional and helpful. Couldn’t have been any better.
There is just one hotel I would stay in Fort Lauderdale – W hotel FL.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Silk23,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’m glad the hotel décor and pool were to your liking. And lucky you – taking home our signature alligator! We hope he reminds you Fort Lauderdale until your next visit.

Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The balcony was enormous with an amazing view. Saw a Manatee and some sharks out in the ocean from our 21st floor perch. Watch out swimmers! Super comfortable bed too. Really enjoyed the pool time with friends. Very friendly and accommodating staff.

Room Tip: Amazing view from the huge balcony of the cool corner room!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Brian G,

Wow! Sharks and a manatee?! That’s amazing. We’re thrilled you enjoyed the view and the pool. Can’t wait to hear what you see on your next visit…

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The W hotel in Ft. Lauderdale is a very cool spot. Young and energetic, yet luxurious and classy. Great location directly across from the beach with balconies overlooking the water and the city. Pool is on a high floor, bar on balcony is an incredible place to see the view of city and sea! Walking distance to anything you wanna do. FUN FUN place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms seem great but I believe a few do not have balconies. Best to request one
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Leslie G,

Awesome review! So glad you enjoyed the energy and amenities at the hotel, as well as its central location. Hopefully you got to experience all that Fort Lauderdale has to offer! Until we see you again, safe travels!

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here for the 4th of July. We had a great 2 bedroom condo upgrade on the 18th floor. The food at Steak 954 is fantastic. Don't go anywhere else for breakfast. Raul Lopez (manager) has a great team that is attentive and great with kids. They exceeded our expectations. I am a lifetime Gold Member and stay at Starwood hotels about 50 nights per year. We will be back. I would have given a better rating if it it wasn't for the following: room service is extremely slow, food prices are extremely high for the quality (except for Steak 954), and the hotel needs to improve its kids meal selection. I can and will overlook these items and return for another great trip. Thank you Jennifer and Raul - you should be promoted.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Carol p,

A huge thank you on your continued patronage at all of our Starwood sister properties. I’m so glad you enjoyed your room and Steak 954. Thanks for recognizing our Welcome Talent, we’ll be sure to share the kudos! And thanks for your suggestions. We hope to see you again really soon.

All the best,

Been to W Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!