“Beautiful and Quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of W Fort Lauderdale

You added W Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
W Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #16 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Beautiful and Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

From start to finish, a great hotel to stay in. Check in was easy (although finding it was not). The room was clean, spacious, and looked great. The bed was comfortable. It was very quiet. The balcony looking out to the sea was a great place to have a morning coffee. If I had a complaint it would be about the see-in bathroom. Even when two people love each other, having that little time by yourself is nice. At least the commode room was enclosed with frosted glass.
I don't say this often, but this hotel was worth the money, and I would recommend it to my most discerning friends.

• Stayed November 2012
JDoucette, Guest Relations Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Fitex – We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. It is wonderful to know your W Fort Lauderdale experience was a success. Next time you come to visit I would recommend the Mega Room. It has a large private bath, sure to be more to your liking. Thanks again, hope to see you soon.

All the best,
J Doucette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Excellent Service and the cool W vibe is on display here at this very nice property across the street from the beach. Had a standard room, which was fine. My son loved the purple pool table in the lobby and the various chess sets. Very cool swimming pool. Recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WINEandTRAVEL – Thank you for the shining review. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your family getaway with us. We can’t wait to welcome you back again.

Happy travels,
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed her 3 nights Precruise and it was fantastic! The rooms were beautiful with a lovely ocean view. The main pool was busy but we discovered Wet West and it was quiet, comfortable and a hidden gem. Our only advice would be to grab a towel before you headed over that way. We called for towels with the pool phone but they were never delivered.
Everyone we encountered was kind and helpful. Brandon helped us to our room with our luggage and was kind enought to explain all the amenities. The hotel is close enought to walk to many excellent restuarants and there is shopping as well. Without reservation, I would say book a room at the W Fort Lauderdale, it was WONDERFUL!!! The have free coffee in the morning in the lobby area. It's so nice to sip coffee oceanside on the outdoor patio area. Wish I was back there again!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JDoucette, Guest Relations Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Rjohnson2011 – We appreciate you taking the time to share your review about your pre-cruise stay at W Fort Lauderdale. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed relaxing at Wet West and explored the local area. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your getaway. You are welcome back, anytime!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at the W Fort Lauderdale with my wife from 4/5-4/7 for our 10 year wedding anniversary. Before staying at the W hotel I had the pleasure of speaking to my W insider- Bobby. I explained to him that I wanted to set up my hotel room with flower petals for a surprise for my wife. Bobby went above and beyond! Not only was the room set up with rose petals leading up to the bed but on the bed was a heart shape with a 10 in the middle. Bobby also had a song I dedicated to my wife playing in the room when we walked in. Needless to say my wife was completely overwhelmed and in shock to see the room.

Now the room itself was a cool corner room (oceanfront) that was beyond my expectations! The balcony was just as big or bigger than the room. It wrapped around the room so we had an unobstructed view of the ocean and the intercostal.

The same night we checked in we had set up a reservation through Bobby for the 954 Steakhouse. I usually don't eat at hotel restaurants but this one took the cake. From the moment we walked in and stated our last name we were greeted with an "Happy Anniversary" from our attendant. We were seated outside and even given complimentary champagne for our special occasion! The food was delicious and our server attended to our every need. The restaurant was full but the service was so good that we felt like we were VIP.

Wait there's more, The next day Bobby set us up with our very own private cabana by the pool. The weather was perfect and the ambiance was so relaxing that we almost spent our whole Saturday there. We ordered food and drinks and just enjoyed the day basking in the fact that we had nothing to do but relax. Later on in the evening, to our surprise, more champagne was delivered to our room with a chocolate dessert. We even received a late checkout from Marcelus (Front desk). As an anniversary treat he gave us until 2pm! Some of these perks are given to SPG members so I recommend to anyone reading this to get the membership, definitely worth it.

What more can I say, beautiful hotel, great staff, good food, good music playing everywhere, just pure fun. The staff made all the difference, we felt like we were #1 at all times. They all deserve special recognition from Bobby to Ryan at the concierge, The 954 Steakhouse staff, Ryan who served us room service and did a great job, the bell hops, the whole front desk staff was awesome, pool staff was great and Valet. Everyone did their part to make us feel special and we truly thank you. It's because of the staff that I will return to this hotel for many years to come. This is an anniversary that we will never forget.

• Stayed April 2013
Miamifan1733 – Wow! Thanks for the spectacular review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us for such a special occasion. Cheers to you and your wife for your 10th Anniversary! Thanks again, hope to see you soon.

Happy travels,
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We like to stay at Westin hotels so we thought we would try a W hotel ( part of the Starwood group). It was a beautiful hotel in a great location on the beach at Ft. Lauderdale, and I'm glad we stayed there, but I don't think we will stay there again. We will go back to the Westin which is next door on the beach. The W will probably appeal more to 20-40 year olds. We are in our 60s, and it's clear we are not in their target market. It's hard to describe, but we did not feel that we fit in. Service at the restaurants was not as good as expected (slow for dinner and breakfast) and it was overpriced compared to the Westin. If you are in the 20-40 age group you may love this hotel.

Room Tip: I think that all rooms have a view of either the ocean or the inter coastal waterway or both. There...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
OKCityJohn – Thank you for taking the time to share your review with all of the TripAdvisor loyalists. We especially love hearing from a Top Contributor. I am happy to know you enjoyed the dynamic design and convenient beach location. We do understand that the W vibe does not meet every traveler’s taste. We hope to welcome you back to Fort Lauderdale at any of the Starwood properties along the beach.

CANDIAC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a beautiful hôtel.... Super service with a smile, nice upgrade, beautiful view from the fabulous room, food from room service is good, breakfast at the restaurant is very good.

I would recommand in such a beautiful shower, to add a handshower or bidet ..; D The water pressure in Fort Lauderdale is not Montreal...

I recommand W.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at this hotel in the past 3 years for business purposes.

It is an excellent hotel both for family and business. The professionalism and customer service from everyone is superb. This is the perfect place to keep business meetings/conferences. Conference rooms and meals are looked after right in the hotel. Great food choices from their menu. Will state again the excellent service from staff at all levels.

The beach is directly opposite the hotel. There are other hotels around this location as well. Lots of small restaurants and night spots to choose from. There is also a mall about 5 minutes away if you have any shopping to do.

Overall, a very good experience over the last 3 years.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dminott – Thank you for taking the time to write about your 3rd visit to W Fort Lauderdale. I am delighted to see our team of talent helped to make your life on the road comfortable. Whether for business or pleasure, you are welcome back anytime.

All the best,
J Doucette

Been to W Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!