My friend and I recently stayed at the Ocean Holiday Motel while in FL for the BCS championship game. I would say that you definitely get good value for your money. I will start with the positives.
1. Excellent location - literally steps to the beach and shops, restaurants and bars all walking distance
2. Room was very clean - in some high end hotels I avoid looking too closely at baseboards and corners and such, especially in the bathroom. But our room was sparkling clean every day.
3. We had a queen double room with kitchenette and it was very large and bright. A/C kept is nice and cool.
4. Friendly and responsive service - Robert the owner was great as was everyone else we met who worked at the hotel. When we had some requests for something to be addressed in the room it was done within the few short hours we were out that day.
5. Undercover parking - in January it wasn't bad. But having a place to park your car in the shade during the warmer months is a big bonus.
As other reviewers observed Robert is working hard to renovate this establishment and is off to a good start. I think this place has great potential. The busy body in me has some suggestions to help things along :-)
1. Room was lacking a few basic amenities (maybe the feminine touch?) like lamps (all that was available was overhead lighting - no bedside lamp), hair dryer, clock and phone.
2. My mattress, while fine and I slept great, could probably use retiring :-)
3. A good space to relax outdoors and enjoy the ocean view (most rooms I think do not have an outdoor balcony). I would love to see the little outdoor balcony area over the front of the motel have something other than the picnic table. A few small tables and chairs would have been the perfect place to relax with a cocktail and people watch at the end of the day.
But all in a good experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Snooze is a modern take on the essentials needed for your home away from home. We believe traveling in style should be affordable without any hidden costs - just pay your room rate plus tax and that's it! We offer a clean, comfortable and modern room, plus add free parking, wifi, beach towels, beach chairs and umbrellas. Keep in mind we offer the essentials so...No pool, no 24hr service, no phones, no spa, no bell boy, no valet and no chocolates on your pillows. Why spend the extra money on extras you don't need? We are the last ocean front Ft. Lauderdale hotel left with less than 20 rooms. There are plenty of "big box" branded hotels out there and we are proud we are not one of them. Snooze is located directly accross the street from Fort Lauderdale Beach next to the Westin and Ritz Carlton hotels. Direct Ocean View, Kitchenette and Hotel Rooms are available at the property. The airport (7miles), cruise terminal (5miles) and convention center (5miles) are just minutes away. Wireless internet and parking are free of charge, while great food and entertainment are located steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your snooze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Holiday Hotel Fort Lauderdale