My husband & I recently stayed here for 2 nights whist visiting the Miami / Fort Lauderdale area and we had a wonderful stay. The hotel is beachfront, located next door to the Pelican Grand resort, just north of the main Fort Lauderdale resort area. It has around 24 rooms which are all sea facing (baring one). Our room was on the 6th floor and had clearly been recently renovated. The carpet and interior looked very fresh and new. We had 2 Queen sized beds, tv, aircon, fridge.....everything you come to expect from an American hotel. The views from the room were incredible. You are so close to the ocean I actually felt like I was on a cruise boat. The room had magnificent views down the coast in both directions. To have a sea facing room in any other hotel in this area, you will pay over double what it costs to stay here.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Carparking is free (mosty hotels charge around US $25 per day), and if there is not an obvious space you merely leave your keys at reception and the staff will take care of it for you, no stress. The swimming pool located at the back of the hotel is a lovely area to relax away from the beach, it has both shade and sun areas. There is free wifi in the restaurant and pool area.
We ate at the restaurant here one morning and the breakfast was lovely, the other morning we eat at the Pelican Grand next door. You do need a car at this hotel as the main Fort Lauderdale resort area is a good 2 miles south, we jogged this on both mornings as there is a boardwalk going all the way. We also ate here one night, walking there and getting a short taxi back to the hotel.
Overall, can't fault this hotel. Staff were excellent. Wish we could have stayed longer in this beautiful area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This newly renovated property located directly on 350 ft of private beach offers 23 oceanfront suites and standard accommodations with private balconies, beachside grille, heated pool, lounge chairs & umbrella's and self complimentary on site parking along with many other fine amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sun Tower Hotel & Suites on the beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tower Hotel And Suites On The Beach
- Sun Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Sun Motel Fort Lauderdale