Had to stay here at the last minute due to Hurricane Sandy and not being able to get home. I wouldnt have picked any other spot. The location was great, right on the beach, about 20 minutes from the airport, and a 5 minutes drive to sunset blvd where there were tons of restaurants, bars, etc.
We had a room on the 5th floor, and it was great. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, and we had a minifridge. The bathroom was just ok, however learned that we had booked the room right before the bathroom was about to be redone. It was fine though.
The view from our balcony was beautiful, both during the day and at night.
The beach was right there, and they offered towels and lounge chairs which was great.
They also have a little restaurant attached to it, and the food was AMAZING. Everything we ate there was great :) And of course the views were great as well.
There was a pool, but we didnt go in it. I did feel the water though, and it was so warm!
The staff was excellent. Our cable box was messing up a bit, and they guy at the front desk changed it out for us! They were helpful in suggesting things to do around the area, and overall very nice.
We rented a car and drove around the area and checked out a bunch of different bars and sports on the beach. Like I said, the location was great. There is a water taxi that stop right by the hotel as well, in case you don't/cant rent a car. I would suggest renting a car if you are staying there for more than 2 days.
I would definitely stay here again as the price was right, and the location and staff were excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This newly renovated property located directly on 350 ft of private beach offers 23 oceanfront suites and standard accommodations with private balconies, beachside grille, heated pool, lounge chairs & umbrella's and self complimentary on site parking along with many other fine amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sun Tower Hotel & Suites on the beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tower Hotel And Suites On The Beach
- Sun Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Sun Motel Fort Lauderdale