“Birthday weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Tripadvisor web specials
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Birthday weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Another great trip to Alcazar Resort! I went with friends for a long weekend and had lots of fun. From check-in to check-out we were warmly welcomed. Love the 3 pools and 2 hot tubs Resort is convenient to beach and bars not too far. Lots of friendly guest and Saturday mixer is fun. I can't wait for next visit!

Room Tip: I prefer 1st floor on Alcazar side. No hot tub so quieter but not far from fun!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I had a great time again as a repeat customer. There are so many options. 3 pools and 2 Jacuzzis. very clean and hard working employees. Jim the owner is a great example of hard work! He is always updating and I find something different every visit. The Saturday cocktail party is amazing with the dj! Many guys can be skeptical of staying at all male guest house! Have no fear! It is truly wonderful being around all gay men of many ages and sizes. Everyone mingles and gets along. Many friendships are created for future vacations! I look forward to my next stay!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
long island, new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

ive been coming here for about 5 years, from the moment the reservation is made to check out the staff is welcoming and friendly, you are often greeted by name
staying here is a real vacation.
the rooms are spotless clean, perfectly maintained.
the combination of the 3 properties only adds to the "fun" you can have here
my first choice is always to stay here,...a word of advise, book early
this place is VERY popular and rooms sell out fast , if your browsing the web sight, don't even
think twice about it...just book it...YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED.

dan, long island , ny

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Was slightly unsure about this booking before arrival, but any fears were soon put to bed when we arrived. Very friendly and helpful staff - even by high American standards. Also a good atmosphere among the fellow guests.
I thought the rates were slightly high on booking - but justified by the quality and cleanliness of the rooms. Also - we got a substantial reduction on our 4th night.
I appreciated that the prices of he drinks machine (coke, water etc) were also very reasonable - had half expected those prices to be rammed up - so nice surprise that convenience came cheaply.
The way the three buildings and three pools work together is very successful and gives it an intimate atmosphere even though there can also be a lot of people staying.
Looking for an excuse to go again as Fort Lauderdale was lovely but we didn't really get to explore the night scene.
All in all - a lovely getaway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm Springs, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had another excellent stay at the Alcazar/Worthington. I come back every year because of the well-maintained rooms and tropical grounds along with the friendly, attentive and professional staff. This was the first visit since the addition of the third resort (Venice Villa) to the property. The owner did an incredible job incorporating it into the other two. It’s another reason to return next year or sooner. I continue to recommend staying here to all my friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Housekeeping stole my Diesel jeans which was very sad. When I confronted the management about the theft I was basically blown off and told that housekeeping would never do that (of course!). When I arrived home I realized that I left a few things in the dresser drawers. I contacted the management and they told me that everything that had been found in the past week had been dumped into one big bag. I described most of the items and they assured me they would mail them to me within the week. Shockingly, my things never arrived at my house and now I've been told that, basically, I'm out of luck.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jim D, Owner at Alcazar Resort, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
This guest stayed with us from 06/16-13 to 07/09/13. Approximently a week after he checked out he called and inquired about items left behind. We had items we found in the room and told him we would mail them within the week. Thursday is our mail out day. We mailed his items via USPS, we do not ask for proof of delivery unless guest instructs us to. Our housekeeping team did not steal his jeans, we could put two of our housekeepers in his size jeans.
Well almost three months goes by and mr. Brad emails on Friday the 10/04/13, stating he never received his items, I replied that his items were mailed, we do not keep records on what we mail out after 30 days, and was curious why he hadn't called earlier. He stated that he was in Afganistan for work and had just returned and stated "Thanks for Nothing". I suggested he email the USPS and inquire with them, and to Thank them for Nothing. Well then he told me to F.....Off. I would suggest that whomever was watching his Las Vegas address could answer the question better than we could.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

It's a pleasure to stay in a place where the managers really care about providing service, being friendly and keeping the property in beautiful condition. And it is obvious how hard the entire staff was working to maintain very high standards. Can't say anything but thanks for understanding how to welcome guests and make them feel appreciated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Alcazar Resort? Share your experiences!