“Reawakening” 5 of 5 stars

Alcazar Resort
555 North Birch Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304   |
“Reawakening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The social environment was very inviting and accepting. I felt comfortable in my own skin. It was a great haven from the day to day routine. The staff was always attentive and didn't disappoint. I would love to go back.

• Stayed August 2013

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Erie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had stayed at the Worthington Resort twice prior to this trip and had great experiences both times. This trip I travelled with my partner and two other friends and we decided to stay at the Alcazar Resort, which is part of the Worthington Resorts, along with Venice Villas. The properties were immaculate! Landscaped and well maintained. The rooms had been redecorated since my last stay, and they were spacious, clean, and offered great ammenities. The resorts combined offer 3 swimming pools, 2 hot tubs, a gym, and on-site laundry. There is a complimentary breakfast from 8-10:30 daily, and a lovely happy hour on Saturdays from 4:30-6:00pm. Every staff member I came in contact with was polite and professional! Perhaps the best part of my stay, in addition to visiting with my dear friends, was making new ones. Such great people from all over the world were also staying that week and we had a terrific time getting to meet many of them! My little group never even made it to the beaches, we just stayed poolside for the majority of the day and made new friends and great memories. We have all agreed this is our new gathering place of choice the next time we are in Lauderdale!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pools!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We don't stay at the Alcazar because we are in Fort Lauderdale. We come to Fort Lauderdale so we can stay at the Alcazar. And we enjoy all three resorts being connected and available. We don't even go to the beach anymore, and instead enjoy the sun, water, and the friendly and diverse crowd we meet. The staff couldn't be more helpful. And the grounds are a botanical wonderland. Better every year, which is something that applies to this whole place. Staff are friends now as well as the guests who tend to come at the same time as us.

• Stayed August 2013
Savannah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were traveling to Key West and decided to stay 2 nights in Ft Lauderdale on the way down. My partner and I had never stayed in a gay resort before so we had no idea what to expect. What a pleasant surprise! The spacious room was very clean and comfortable and the staff outstanding! Dean at the front desk was very accommodating and friendly and made us feel welcome upon check in. The property has beautiful grounds and swimming pools and is clothing optional if you so desire. We enjoyed ourselves so much we cut our trip short so on our return we could stay another night! This property is steps to the beach, restaurants and nightlife. We will be returning.

Room Tip: Room 203 was spacious, quiet and had a lot of beautiful, natural light
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My guy and I went for our 1 year anniversary and had a blast at the Alcazar Resort. All three Worthington resorts are interconnected giving you options for amenities such as pools, hot tubs, and gym.

I can honestly say I've been to a lot of places throughout the U.S and Europe and this place really sets the bar high.

The staff was keen on helping you with anything you needed or pointing you in the right direction. Having our rooms prepped every morning really gave you that spoiled feeling. If you're a gay couple this place is a must.

Location wise, its a short walk to the beach and a few blocks to Sebastian Beach. I loved the fact they off beach towels and umbrellas.

Recommendations: Providing a shuttle to Wilton Manors on weekends. Although I wasn't aware of any shuttle service, this would definitely top it off, if even for a small fee.

Thanks for a great vacation and looking forward to coming back soon!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are convenient but most rooms face the interior towards the swimming pool anyway.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were there to celebrate birthdays with several friends. The staff was top notch and very accommodating. The rooms are very clean and the facility is well maintained.

This was my 2nd visit to Fort Lauderdale and will be the place i return to when i go again.

Ready to go back....anytime!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a great time staying at the Alcazar resort. The staff is incredibly friendly, and the room was very comfortable. It is a great location to stay....near the beach, malls and nightlife. It is definitely my choice when going to Ft. Lauderdale

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Alcazar Resort? Share your experiences!