“Disrespectful and Unapologetic Staff” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor Beach Inn

You added Harbor Beach Inn to your Saves list
Harbor Beach Inn
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   1147 Seabreeze Blvd (A1A), Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316   |
Boca Raton, Florida
“Disrespectful and Unapologetic Staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I were very disappointed with this hotel. We had read great reviews and the price wasn't so bad so we decided to book it. I was arriving on a late flight so my husband checked in at 9pm before he came to pick me up (9pm is technically after-hours for check-in, so he had to call a number for the front desk person to come down and complete the check in process) The rooms were not bad, pretty well-kept and clean, and we probably would've recommended the place if it weren't for the terrible incident in the morning. Around 10:15 am we were laying in bed, half-dressed and enjoying a slow morning when we hear a man's voice talking to someone and keys hitting the door. My husband called out saying "There's someone in here!" and "Occupied!" loudly but the man continued to open the door without knocking . . .if either of us were decent we would have gotten up to prevent the door from opening but instead had to cover up and call from the bed as a stranger opened the door to our room. He shut the door after realizing the situation. We checked out around 10:45 am (checkout time is 11) and mentioned the incident to the manager, who was at the front desk. We said that someone came into our room at 10:15, without knocking, while we were still in bed. I expected at least an apology, but none was given! Instead the manager repeated "it's alright, it's alright, it's the cleaning people, most people are checked out by that time anyway." When we brought up that checkout time was 11am, he continued to repeat "It's alright" numerous times, as if it were our fault!! His tone was very condescending and aggressive, even though we had lightly brought up the incident and were NOTasking for anything (discounted room, voucher, etc) just stating an upsetting experience. He literally waved us away with his hand when we asked if he could please remind the staff to knock before entering the room. Never once a simple apology! If customer service is important to you I'd recommend booking a different hotel in the area, you'd be better off with the similarly-priced Best Western next door.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a very small hotel south of Bahia Mar. Definitely good for the price, but don't expect a lot. The bed was comfortable (memory foam). The bathroom needed an upgrade. There wasn't anywhere to put a suitcase, so we basically just stuck them in the closet - which was big - but could've used those luggage stands since there wasn't a dresser. Expect to hear your neighbor coughing (thin walls). Free parking is a plus. Free wifi as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a fantastic little vintage hotel right across from the beach. I loved it! Very clean, cute retro decor, and the service was great! The landscaping is beautiful. Love the fridge...big plus to keep cold drinks and snacks handy. The bed was super comfortable memory foam, too. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We picked Harbor Inn after reading the reviews. We had a room at the ground floor facing the swimming pool. This is a very nice hotel with all that we need for a short stay. Our room was vey spacious with a kitchenette, dining table and a small 'living area'. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Decoration was simple yet tasteful.
The location was very good, close to the beach and very convenient. It was just next to the main road, easily accessible. Parking was just right in front of the Inn. The manager was helpful showing us the room and explaining the details upon check-in.
Wifi was good and bottled water was provided. It was a very nice place and we feel very relaxed staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Harbor Beach Inn is very convenient, clean, and equipped with microwave, frig, wi-fi, and quality bedding. Its has hardwood floors, nice pool and courtyard area. Front Desk Manager great, they show you to your room and make sure all is working. Easy walk to all the oceanfront activities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

As being a local in Fort Lauderdale I am very familiar with all the hotels in the area and especially located near the beach although this one I had never seen.

We pulled up to the hotel at around 11:30am on the 4th of July and were able to check in right away. We reserved a studio with two double beds because that was the only room type they had left when booking. Check in was a breeze and the man was nice and showed us to our rooms. Room was very clean and updated. Room also came with bottled water and free parking in which we had no problems with espcially when parking is $20-35 a night when staying on the beach. Beds were very comfy as well and the room was spacious. Over all even though we werent in our room much and spent the day and most the night on the beach I was suprised at how nice of a hotel/motel this was. I would definitely stay here again.

Only negative for me which was my own fault in knowing the area.... I thought the hotel was closer to my friends who were staying at the Westin....so we had quite the 2 mile walk back and forth to see them.. and the main bars in the area are also about a mile or so down the street.. which isnt horrible by any means but just so everyone is aware this hotel in on the very very south end of the strip. Also, rooms are super bright in the morning would be nice to have curtains unless you enjoy being woke up by the sun at 6 am.. Street noise wasnt too bad considering we were right of the strip. Sure it helped we had a corner unit

Great stay an we will definitely be back for a weekend beach stay!!!!!

Room Tip: we stayed in a corner suite.. didnt hear too much noise... I would say corner rooms would be the be...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I picked this hotel for its location and price. The room was really comfortable. There was a refrigerator and microwave, which I found very convenient. Clean, large room. Couldn't ask for a better location. The pool was clean and there were plenty of lounges/chairs for all the guests. I've stayed numerous times in Ft Lauderdale at larger hotels and it was refreshing to have a personalized experience. The staff was easily available and helpful. My room was cleaned daily and I was supplied with clean towels throughout the trip. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Harbor Beach Inn? Share your experiences!