“Very nice place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor Beach Inn

Save Saved
You added Harbor Beach Inn to your Saves list
Harbor Beach Inn
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   1147 Seabreeze Blvd (A1A), Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316   |
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very nice place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is a very nice place. Clean, big rooms, very helpful staff, close to beach...a really good place to stay in Fort Lauderdale! And not to forget their beds, I think it's memory foam (or somthing like it) and it's soooooooooooooo comfy, I slept like a stone :-))

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Moorhead
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Thank you for being honest in your description & pictures of this quant hotel. FREE parking was not a problem & close enough to the action to walk nearly everywhere! Great clean pool area. Enjoyed stay

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I booked a single queen room for a one night stay. The manager is friendly and agreeable as I came early, with a large box of artwork, and he had me leave it in a secure area until check-in time. The room originally booked had not been finished when I went back to check-in so he immediately upgraded me to a double-queen room next-door by the pool. All furnishings were new (bed, pillows, kitchen items, fridge, microwave…). The air-conditioning was preset to an agreeable level beforehand so I was not entering a “hot” room and waiting for it to cool down. The pool area was clean & comfortable with plenty of seating and lounge chairs. For $88.00/night this is an excellent value for the area. Close to the beach (a block away) and ample parking. I will stay here again the next time I visit Ft. Lauderdale.

Room Tip: Ask for something on the second floor if you would like to be away from pool foot-traffic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Good location near beach and Bahia harbour. 5-10 mins by taxi to Port Everglades. Nice budget independent hotel for short stay at the beach esp before your cruise sails.

The room was cleaned daily and towels refreshed daily (I think another reviewer wrote that daily cleaning was an extra charge - it wasn't). Staff were very friendly. The pool area was small but very clean: I didn't get a change to take a dip but it looked OK.

It's on a loud 4 lane road, but if you sleep with earplugs its not a problem.

There is a water-taxi stop just 5 minutes walk away at Bahia Mar, this is a fun way to see the waterways and get downtown to Las Olas Blvd.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week, they are in a great location, but that's just a bonus. If you are looking for a clean, homey, family style place, Stay Here! If you want a cookie cutter hotel with staff you will never see twice, and an en suite hair dryer, pay more and get a big box hotel.
P.S. really love the sweet kitty that lives here. She can be seen napping, but never intrusive.

• Stayed April 2013
kidderminster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great Location well within reasonable walking distance of the action!, nice little hotel, a little noisy being close to the road but not to bad. Clean simple rooms and nice grounds including pool. good value.

Room Tip: we had a first fllor room, ground might have been quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Burnaby, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

They have an interesting website. I decided to critique it.

I stole this idea from Phil Spencer (Secret Agent). So, thanks Phil.

The particulars on the Hotel’s website say:

Location.
“Located in Fort Lauderdale, Harbor Beach Inn is near the airport and close to Jungle Queen Riverboat...”

I say that it’s near a beach and various other hotels. If the bridge is open and/or traffic is bad, the drive from the airport could take the better part of a day.

“Hotel Features.
Recreational amenities include an outdoor pool. Complimentary wireless Internet access ... Other property amenities at this Art Deco property include a terrace, multilingual staff, and tour/ticket assistance. The property has designated areas for smoking.”

I say that there is a pool which no one used. I am not sure what one would call the design but it wouldn’t even be Art Garfunkel. The staff were almost never at the desk (in order to ask them a foreign question). The smoking area seemed to be just outside our room 205 (our room).

“Guestrooms.
13 air-conditioned guestrooms … feature coffee/tea makers and complimentary bottled water. Accommodations offer city, pool, or garden views. …Kitchenettes include microwaves and refrigerators. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations with rainfall showerheads and hydromassage showerheads. They also offer complimentary toiletries. … Rooms also include clock radios. ... Housekeeping is available daily.”

I say, air conditioner may cause sleepless nights, best not used during resting hours. Coffee/tea makers and bottle water are to be used once per stay. In order to assure that this happens, there will be none changed, cleaned or replaced, any coffee related items for the following days. Kitchenettetinnis are basically just a wooden stand with small fridge and microwave on it (see photo). Like the water and coffee, the toiletries will also not be renewed. The bar of soap in the shower is to be reused by the next guests. So, please do not dispose of it. There might or might not be a clock radio, this depends on what room you have. Housekeeping might be available but due to a lack of staff, it might not be.

And here is some point form site info (I’ve taken the liberty of rewriting them – you can follow along at their website).
Harbor Beach Inn Amenities

• I say, there are few if any outside, non-smoking areas
• I say, there free Wi-Fi but don’t forget the capital in the password

I guess the next three lines make it sound really important but are all true
• Free guest parking
• Free parking
• Free parking (limited spaces)

• I say, few if any (Multilingual) staff –
• I say, there are 2 floors but no elevator
• Parking nearby – I say, enough said
• Parking nearby (surcharge) – I say, More than enough said
• I say, what are chaise longues?
• I say, there is a nice looking outdoor pool.
• I say, there is definitely a Terrace
• I say, I didn’t count the rooms but there could be 13 (don’t worry, there is no room numbered 13).
• I say, we did, three times, have staff help us (although once they had never heard of a local state park) but most of the time there was no one around.
• I say, the building really shows its age.

Info on our room

Standard King
I say, the second floor overlooks the Best western and the Sheraton (which have now been overlooked by you). If you have a rear window, don’t look out it. The bed is comfortable and if the traffic noise was less and/or the neighbours would stop yelling at each other, you would get a very comfortable sleep (don’t use the a/c). The bathroom may or may not have a shower/tub combo but it will probably have a nicely used bar of soap and some very strange looking rainfall shower head. This room is the only Non-Smoking area that I could find.

They list the following point forms
I say the A/C is off if you cannot hear it.
I say that the TV was a bonus
City view – I say, there are no views (at least, they shouldn’t mention this).
I say, clock radios are in at least one room but not ours
I say, Coffee/tea maker to be used once only.
I say, bottle water will appear once only.
I say, toiletries are to be shared with next guest(s)
Courtyard view – I say, enough said
Daily housekeeping – I say, enough said
Garden view – I say, enough said
I say, hair dryer on request, if you can find anyone around. There are no phones to ask for one.
Hydromassage showerhead – I say, Showerhead in each bathroom
Kitchenette – I say, Kitchenettetinni
Microwave – I say, Kitchenettetinni
Pool view – I say, more than enough said
Rainfall showerhead – I say, enough said
Refrigerator – I say, Kitchenettetinni
Shower/tub combination – I say, tub(s) is (are) in at least one bathroom

In conclusion

I think that this is perfectly suited for beach bums who can afford the reasonable cost per night.

They have very comfortable beds and reasonably nice terraced area. To be fair, we didn’t use the pool and did not have any problems with their parking (other than traffic and entrance to their street and having to make an illegal left turn into it). Wireless Internet access is complimentary and worked well (once we found that a capital letter is required). LCD televisions have a great selection of channels. I’ve complained about this many times in the past. So, to be fair, they had great toilet paper.

The very bottom line is; there are no phones in the rooms. So, in the case of questions, or to complain about neighbours, or in case of emergencies, you’d better have a cellphone.

PS They have a Tripadvisor decal on their office widow. It might be scraped off soon.

Room Tip: Stay across the street.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Harbor Beach Inn? Share your experiences!