“Dirty and bugs.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #114 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Jupiter, Florida
“Dirty and bugs.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We just used this place for 1 night for a cheap place to avoid a DUI after going out to Wilton Manors nearby. It's a skeevy place. Roaches around the sink, I immediately stripped the bed of the comforter. Yes it is cheap but there are better options. It seems that there are shady people around too. Not a good choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

By far the least expensive "name" branded place I could find the night before heading to Miami Beach, this facility wasn't glamarous, but not so bad. The public bus from Fort Lauderdale Airport (a lower cost alternative to MIA) got me to and from there easily. Traffic is heavy and crowded around the lodge, yet I was able to walk not only to a nice sports bar/restaurant, but even to Target and Winn-Dixie, and took advantage of the small but functional microwave and fridge in the room. I had not even requested these.

The "breakfast" was a bit better than most of its kind, including hot and tasty coffee. And the young clerk was at least friendly for a change, something not always found in an "econo"-my place.
Without doubt, costs are a concern to me. As long as this place keeps prices in check, I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This hotel is right off the street along Federal Hwy. Had a room right across the car wash which was not so great, since it was very loud until the evening.
Pool was nice chilly. Room was good size.

Good for a transit stay, worth its money, we got it on a coupon rate, which was great!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Boyne City, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

The rug in our room (#111) was filthy. It didn't look dirty, but if you walked on it in bear feet, the soles of your feet would turn black. Not sure if there is more than one Econo Lodge in Ft Lauderdale, but the address of this one is 2949 N Federal Highway

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

this hotel was very well equipped with excellent linens and mattresses. Overall, it is a ok place, not 4 star, but very comfortable. Problem that I encountered was the theft of my cell phone. Although the mananger Mr Ali, did mail me the phone when it was "found", I have grave suspicions about the night clerk. When checking in after midnight, it took a veryVery long time for him to come let me in. I am not sure I wlll stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Cheap place, but I have stayed in other cheap-0's and at least, they were clean. This bathroom had crud in the door jamb, spider webs, you name it. I spilled a coke, and when I wiped it up, the towel was black from the carpet. Mattress was just ok, I have better, and worse. Not a bad part of town at all, but I WILL NOT stay there again, even if I need a couple of hours sleep like I did a few days ago.

Room Tip: Make sure you view the rooms before you purchase one for the night. The one next to me was much big...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

This many months after our stay, I need to warn your readers. Two couples stayed here the night before a cruise and chose it because of the rave reviews. It was the worst motel we had ever seen. Our friends had a two inch gap at the bottom of their door. The decor was dark red on some walls and dark green on the others. It was run down and seemed to have been 50 years since any redecorating had been done. We kept our suitcases up on a table and didn't even open them to get out clean clothes, we were afraid bugs would get in them. The breakfast was awful. Nothing was like we had read about on Tripadvisor. I've heard the motel owners write the great reviews for their own extablishment. Is this true? We were VERY disappointed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!