“Convenient place to get to the beach” 4 of 5 stars

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
2949 N. Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306   |
Ranked #116 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Cologne, Germany
“Convenient place to get to the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This hotel is right off the street along Federal Hwy. Had a room right across the car wash which was not so great, since it was very loud until the evening.
Pool was nice chilly. Room was good size.

Good for a transit stay, worth its money, we got it on a coupon rate, which was great!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Boyne City, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

The rug in our room (#111) was filthy. It didn't look dirty, but if you walked on it in bear feet, the soles of your feet would turn black. Not sure if there is more than one Econo Lodge in Ft Lauderdale, but the address of this one is 2949 N Federal Highway

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

this hotel was very well equipped with excellent linens and mattresses. Overall, it is a ok place, not 4 star, but very comfortable. Problem that I encountered was the theft of my cell phone. Although the mananger Mr Ali, did mail me the phone when it was "found", I have grave suspicions about the night clerk. When checking in after midnight, it took a veryVery long time for him to come let me in. I am not sure I wlll stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Cheap place, but I have stayed in other cheap-0's and at least, they were clean. This bathroom had crud in the door jamb, spider webs, you name it. I spilled a coke, and when I wiped it up, the towel was black from the carpet. Mattress was just ok, I have better, and worse. Not a bad part of town at all, but I WILL NOT stay there again, even if I need a couple of hours sleep like I did a few days ago.

Room Tip: Make sure you view the rooms before you purchase one for the night. The one next to me was much big...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

This many months after our stay, I need to warn your readers. Two couples stayed here the night before a cruise and chose it because of the rave reviews. It was the worst motel we had ever seen. Our friends had a two inch gap at the bottom of their door. The decor was dark red on some walls and dark green on the others. It was run down and seemed to have been 50 years since any redecorating had been done. We kept our suitcases up on a table and didn't even open them to get out clean clothes, we were afraid bugs would get in them. The breakfast was awful. Nothing was like we had read about on Tripadvisor. I've heard the motel owners write the great reviews for their own extablishment. Is this true? We were VERY disappointed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Pompano Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

i was in the area for business and didnt want to spend a fortune for a few nights at a hotel. Found this in a very convenient location. It's not a 5 star hotel but neither is the price. My rooms were clean (had 2), the beds comfortable and I was pleased with my overall experience.

Room Tip: the hotel staff was very nice
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011 via mobile

The moment I arrived the front desk staff had a warm welcome and the room was very clean with great service. I had been driving for hours and just wanted to get some rest. It was perfect no hassles very affordable. Definetly would pop in there again

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!