“disgusting” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Louisiana
“disgusting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Cheap place, but I have stayed in other cheap-0's and at least, they were clean. This bathroom had crud in the door jamb, spider webs, you name it. I spilled a coke, and when I wiped it up, the towel was black from the carpet. Mattress was just ok, I have better, and worse. Not a bad part of town at all, but I WILL NOT stay there again, even if I need a couple of hours sleep like I did a few days ago.

Room Tip: Make sure you view the rooms before you purchase one for the night. The one next to me was much big...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Salt Lake City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

This many months after our stay, I need to warn your readers. Two couples stayed here the night before a cruise and chose it because of the rave reviews. It was the worst motel we had ever seen. Our friends had a two inch gap at the bottom of their door. The decor was dark red on some walls and dark green on the others. It was run down and seemed to have been 50 years since any redecorating had been done. We kept our suitcases up on a table and didn't even open them to get out clean clothes, we were afraid bugs would get in them. The breakfast was awful. Nothing was like we had read about on Tripadvisor. I've heard the motel owners write the great reviews for their own extablishment. Is this true? We were VERY disappointed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Pompano Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

i was in the area for business and didnt want to spend a fortune for a few nights at a hotel. Found this in a very convenient location. It's not a 5 star hotel but neither is the price. My rooms were clean (had 2), the beds comfortable and I was pleased with my overall experience.

Room Tip: the hotel staff was very nice
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

The moment I arrived the front desk staff had a warm welcome and the room was very clean with great service. I had been driving for hours and just wanted to get some rest. It was perfect no hassles very affordable. Definetly would pop in there again

• Stayed March 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Checked in before going on a cruise. Clean Room. Appeared to put in new beds. Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Checked in late night. Beds must have been recently replaced. Decent room for sixty bucks. Nice mattress. would stay again for a night if needed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Naples
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

I am sure their monthly rates are quite competitive but if your intended stay isn't that long, keep on moving. Price was almost $80 and it was indescribably awful. Pulled into parking lot thinking.. oh we can afford this place and its just a place to crash. Went to a show at the culture room thinking this location is great... just walk there. WRONG!! Horrible idea. Don't turn the lights off or the cockroaches will get you! The stinch, the creepiness of the neighbors.. Kind of wanted to park my car down the street!! I am the type that doesn't need much and thought even I was better than this. I literally scrubbed my body once I got out of that place. I would rather have brought a tent and camped out.. ANYWHERE than this place!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!