“Best Kept Secret in Fort Lauderdale” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cocobelle Resort

You added Cocobelle Resort to your Saves list
Cocobelle Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2831 Vistamar Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #46 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Auburn, Alabama
“Best Kept Secret in Fort Lauderdale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My father-in-law was able to secure tickets to the BCS National Championship game a couple of weeks before the game. In trying to find a hotel, I was unable to find a room that was reasonable. I checked the Fort Lauderdale Bed and Breakfast website and found Cocobelle Resort. I looked on TripAdvisor for reviews and was pleased with what I read. You will always find a bad review but that is usually from someone who has unreasonable expectatons. We were able to book two rooms at the Cocobelle and we were not disappointed. The rooms were were very clean and large. We had a queen bed and single bed in the bedroom/sitting room. We also had a separate kitchen. The bathroom had a changing area and private room for showering and freshing up. There is a no smoking policy in the rooms and hefty fine if you do! The pool area was nice with sitting areas and moderate size pool for the property. The Cocobelle is about 2 blocks from the ocean but a easy walk. I enjoyed my walk and stroll along the shoreline. There are no hotels on the beach, in that area, so no matter where you stay you are not going to be able to walk out of your room and onto the beach. There is a shopping area just a couple of blocks away with shops, grocery store and resturants. My only knock is that the Cocobelle was on the B&B website and it is not a B&B. However, I probably would not have found this gem if it wasn't on the B&B website. The staff was friendly and accomodating. We enjoyed a chat with the owner prior to us leaving for the BCS game. I would have no resevervations in staying at the Cocobelle Resort. My biggest problem right now is trying to find an excuse to return to Fort Lauderdale so I can stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Mackay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed there for one night but i would have stayed there for a week. It is close enough to walk to the beach and the clubs and restaurants without beeing in the middle of it. The rooms are very big with a huge kitchen with everything you need. What makes it very easy to cook for yourself. I saw some other guests who took there breakfast tray to the pool area and enjoyed it under palm trees. The rooms are clean and the pool area is very welcoming.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and we are already planning to return. A small and personal resort among all those very big hotels in Ft Lauderdale. We had a very nice apt and everything was clean. The apt was very well equipped, we didn't miss anything. The location is fine, just a few minutes from the beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I made reservations for this hotel for next February 2013. My plans changed only a few days later, so I called to cancel the reservation. I was surprised to learn I had been charged a $25 cancellation charge, even though I cancelled 90 days prior to my reservation, and only a couple of days after initially making the reservation. Their website states:

Reservations may be cancelled up to 14 days by 12.00 pm prior to arrival except for reservations for dates between December 20th and April 30th and special events or holidays which require 30 days’ notice by 12.00 pm. In case of a cancellation within the cancellation period we do charge a cancellation fee of 15% of your net room charges. Nowhere on their website is “cancellation period” defined.

Be careful about booking here as their policies are not clear. Because of this, I will never book here in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed one night at the Cocobelle Resort, Fort Lauderdale, post cruise. It was a great location, quiet yet walking distance to Fort Lauderdale Beach and the intracoastal where all of the action was happening. We quite appreciated its central location being our first time to Fort Lauderdale and Florida.

Our room was spacious (#15) with king-size bed, mini fridge, coffee machine, table with two chairs and free WiiFii. It was located on the second floor overlooking the pool. The pool area was very nice. Excellent price for Fort Lauderdale.

There was no ice in our mini fridge and when we asked the Manager, he apologized and stated that there was no ice available on the premises for the hotel rooms. This would be our only complaint.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
São Paulo, Brasil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel is a perfect place to stay. Its near from the beach, the rooms are clean and confortable. The pool deck is organized, relax and clean. The manager was helpless all the time and the housekeeping service was great. It was my second time and when I come back Ill stay here again.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel is lovely. The owner clearly has a lot of pride in his establishment. The pool area in the courtyard is like a completely different world. Also, the Cocobelle is right beside the grounds to Bonet House, so it's extra secluded. We got a suite (#13) with a King sized bed and small kitchen area. The kitchen had everything we needed, the room was very cozy and had a leafy view of the Bonet House grounds next door.

It is a short walk to the beach and to eating establishments along N. Atlantic Blvd. I have to say, every time we walked past the enormous and empty looking hotels along Atlantic we were really glad we went with a classic Florida motel: cozy, small, two stories of pink stucco cuddled around a pool and gardens. It was perfect and much cheaper than the chilly Hilton would have been. I would absolutely stay in the Cocobelle the next time I am in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple