“Great Location, Great Hotel, Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Formerly St. Regis Resort, Fort Lauderdale)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 134 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
San Francisco, CA
“Great Location, Great Hotel, Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

The Ritz-Carlton Fort Lauderdale is one of those places where you are enveloped by care and warmth from the minute you walk in the door. I was only here for one night (in town to leave on a cruise) and really enjoyed every minute of it. It seemed as if there were more staff at this property than guests, and each person I encountered smiled, said hello and made an effort to be present. I was truly in awe of the ocean front room that they gave me - the white and creme color palette used for the decor, the floor-to-ceiling windows, the large veranda, the comfortable bed, the thick linens. It was heaven on earth. The large marble bathroom was roomy and had all of the amenities one would expect. I did manage to use the hotel gym for the night I was there. It was fine - had all of the equipment that I needed. The hotel's restaurant was very good, as well. Ciro offered breakfast, lunch and dinner. We managed to make it to each meal and enjoyed each one. The service from our waiters was second-to-none. They really made sure to take personal care of us and offer their honest suggestions for what to eat. The bellman at this hotel are also a great group of guys. They made an effort to cater to our every need.

I really loved this hotel and would choose it again for my next trip to Fort Lauderdale. The terrific location right on the boardwalk can't be beat and the staff were helpful and friendly. The only negative experience I had with this property was after I had checked out. Once I returned to Fort Lauderdale after my cruise, I called the Ritz to ask if they had located a pair of eyeglasses that I realized I had left in my room when I checked-out. They transferred me to a guy in Loss Prevention who was very rude. He was irritated that I couldn't remember what room number I had been in. So I gave him my name. And then he told me abruptly that they didn't have any glasses. It's too bad that my great experience with this hotel had to end on a sour note because of one guy. Overall, terrific place!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

697 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

Ritz Carlton - we had a wonderful junior suite, 2 balconies, flat panels, hotel staff are over the top, never missed a beat with this place. Pool is wonderful/ gym etc all up to Ritz standards.

Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

So many flaws for a Hotel chain that boasts service excellence.
1. Waited ten minutes at check in for the valet parking to show up.
2. The phones did not work, including the main digital unit that controls temperature and lights. They fixed the main phone but not the cordless phone.
3. They messed up all the room service orders (three times), forgot items, replaced items without asking, etc.
4. Did not replenish the minibar in three days.
5. No sleepers in the room. Took one hour to deliver them to the room.
6. The first day forgot to make up the room.
7. The pool closed at 4PM instead of the published time of 6PM because "nobody shows up anyways" according to the front desk.
8. Charged me 100 dollars for a late check out (4PM) although the hotel was empty.
Overall looks like this hotel was affected seriously by the recession and is doing serious cost cutting affecting service.
9. The fitness center was unattended the three days I went.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
derry nh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

We wanted to go to Ft lauderdale to see what it was like and wanted to taste a little luxury while we were there. We picked the Ritz Carlton based on reviews on Trip Advisor. Our whole trip was a WOW. It is the best hotel we have ever stayed in with the nicest people working to take care of your needs. It is located on the ocean in the heart of the beach area.
We started with hotel arranged airport pick-up to take us to the hotel. We did not want a car on this trip and the private sedan with driver was a treat. The reception at the hotel was friendly and efficient. Although a 5 star hotel the employees are not putting on airs and trying to make you uncomfortable. They all are efficient friendly people. We loved them all. Our room was georgeous with a huge bedroom and a large living room. Our ocean facing deck was as large as the bedroom. The bathroom was all marble and huge as well. We did not want to leave the suite to go anywhere. Everything we wanted was right there. The maid service kept it sparkling clean and neat.
Cero restaurant. Outstanding. Breakfast was excellent with a friendly staff that made it a treat to go there. Dining outside with the ocean across the street and all the activity on the boardwalk was just plain fun. Dinner at Cero is just as good only the evening crowd is out walking the boardwalk and the beachgoers are gone. Food was outstanding and the prices in line with other restaurants in the area. We did not have a negative to report as everything was perfect. The food, the people and the atmosphere.
Kevin was our waiter the first night and the next day was in a white suit working the reception area. He was the nicest most helpful person with a great personality. He is an asset to the hotel. Stephen in the bellman corps was always around to help us figure out the lighting system in the room (it works off the telephone) and any questions we had about the area or the hotel. He could not have been nicer. There were other just as nice that we saw only once and were gone.
We wanted a luxury vacation and we sure got it with the Ft Lauderdale Ritz Carlton.
Water taxi's. Yes. Fun and a great way to get around the city. The captains are very entertaining and friendly and helpful. Water taxi's are a must.

Iowa City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

We stayed at this hotel as part of a conference for two days and stayed an extra day for leisure afterwards.
Let me get the good points out of the way first: The hotel is a very nice hotel overall, the location is perfect and the lobby and general facilities including the swimming pool and beach front were impeccable.

However, we I have a few points against this hotel, one of them is a major point and the others are more minor observations.
1-We checked in and went up to our room. We noticed that there is a fan in the bathroom above the toilet, this was very loud. We called the front desk (guest services), we asked them if there was a way to turn the fan off but they said no. We later asked our fellow travelers if they had a loud fan in their room but they hadn't even noticed it. So we called guest services again and explained that our fan is much, much louder than others. They again said "We can't do anything about it" and "some rooms are louder than others".
We explained that this is unusually loud but they still did not even offer to come up to check up on it.

Needless to say we didn't sleep well at all that night. The next day we talked about it with the organizers of the meeting and they talked to guest services, they were promised that someone will look into it.
8 hours later no one had done anything about it. It take another phone call and taking to different people before we were offered a room change.

2-Overall, the staff over the phone and on the swimming pool were not that helpful. Not what you expect from such a facility. The front desk, concierge and valet people were nice and helpful all the time.
3-The rooms are not that clean. The carpet looked old. And even after housekeeping had been through the room you could still see that the bathroom floor was untouched.

I have stayed at many other 5 star hotels and this one does not even compare to them. I know other people (in other reviews) have had a better experience but mine was poor, from the issue with the room to the cleanliness of the rooms and some of the staff's attitude.

If I was in Fort Lauderdale again I would definitely not stay here again. I will take my money elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

The Ritz Carlton in Fort Lauderdale is a very beautiful hotel in a great location right across from the beach.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

The Ritz-Carlton in Fort Lauderdale is a great place for a pre-cruise stay for a couple of nights. The bathroom was enormous, with both a shower and bathtub. The bedroom was beautiful, with a comfortable bed, plenty of lighting, and a large flat-screen tv, with plenty of channels. My room had a balcony with a great view of both the ocean/beach and the waterway. It is on a street with a lot of little (touristy) shops and restauarnts. Right next door is a CVS--convenient for picking up little odds and ends before a trip or things you may have forgotten to pack. The beach is right across the street and is beautiful. I ate a couple of lunches in the hotel restaurant and found both the food and service excellent, so was the room service food (although, pricey). The hotel cost itself was reasonable for a 5-star hotel of this caliber. I plan to stay here again for my next visit.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!