“Amazing hotel, pure luxury” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Formerly St. Regis Resort, Fort Lauderdale)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing hotel, pure luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel was pure luxury everywhere you looked. We arrived and there was a mix up with our hotel room so they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite... OMG it was gorgeous and the views were spectacular. One side the canal views and the other side the ocean, both breathtaking. The staff were friendly and the pool bar area is sooo relaxing too.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room to get both views of canal and ocean
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Can't say enough wife and I have been overworked and wanted to get away with a chance to do nothing. Had dinner in Luna on Thursday night JP was my waiter and made a great dinner recommendation food was amazing. Friday sat by the pool and bar there, felt like a rock star (maybe cause there where rock stars hiding there also leave the names out). Friday night took car service arraigned by hotel to a holiday party had some issues with the driver the hotel got wind of this and took it off the bill without me saying a word. Got back and spent a few hours with Gerard the bartender and had some fun. Sat got up and decided not to leave the room, room service for breakfast andunch was great. We had a special dinner planned in the wine room which was a five course meal paired with Italian wines. This was worth every penny we also had the room to ourself for the evening. Spent the rest of that night hanging in the bar with Gerard and the rock stars. We also used the spa like I said I can't say a bad thing will make an effort to get back there real soon

• Stayed December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night per cruise at the Ritz. We arrived about 2:30. Our room was not yet ready, which was no big deal, we wanted to grab some lunch anyway. We went up to the poolside cafe and had a lite late(very good) lunch.

After lunch I think the waitress asked if we were staying there. We said we were waiting to check in. She volunteered to inquire if our room was ready, which it was not. She sincerely apologized and said they were comping our lunch. We stopped by the front desk and gave them our cell to call. We took a short walk down the block, and were called less than half an hour later.

We had a standard room, which was nice size and had a partial ocean view. The bathroom was large. The bed and pillows were very comfortable.

A short while after checking in we had a knock at the door. A plate of chocolate covered strawberries and champagne was delivered! It was my birthday, but I didn't recall mentioning that. I thought my husband had ordered it, but he did not! Later I recalled when making reservations for dinner, they asked if it was a special occasion. I did tell the restaurant it would be my birthday , so they must have forwarded on that info. The strawberries were spectacular!

All staff members we encountered were very nice and those at the front desk always called us by name . How can they remember??

After the very very minor problem with the room not being ready, they went completely above and beyond to make our short stay perfect.

This was truly the best service we have ever had at a hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed for 5 nights in July 2012. Had a group of 30 people for a small conference. The team at the Ritz performed to a high standard in meeting the needs of our group. We had a number of different room categories all of which were spacious and meticulously serviced! Our bathroom was very spacious with a large soaking tub and walk-in shower, separte loo and twin basins.

The hotel overlooks the Ft. Lauderdale beach on the one side and the Intra-Coastal on the other side, both views are beautiful.

This was a St Regis property before becoming a Ritz Carlton about 5 years ago. Having considered a number of properties on the beachfront this proved to be an excellent choice.

Breakfast at the Via Luna on the terrace is picturesque. The hotel enjoys a sort-of boutique feel in the lobby area. It is plush and sophisticated with a calm and serene atmosphere. Enjoyed a feature dinner with 30 people at Via Luna. The food was superb and the service was exceptional!

The gym is well equipped and served our needs. The pool deck is very well laid out, not oversized but never a problem getting sun loungers. We enjoyed the attendants' service including sunscreen and chilled lemon water on tap!

Special mention of Monica from Sales and Clodah from Banqueting both did a superb job in looking after our group and managing our mini-conference.

Overall a sophisticated and elegant property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Spring, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for years and I am always pleased with my experience starting with the valets/Bellman to the front desk and especially the well appointed and comfortable rooms. I enjoy the restaurant and the bar has a nice atmosphere and attentive bar tenders.I only have two very small complaints: 1) they don't deliver the correct newspaper in the morning and 2) the water pressure in the shower is weak. Overall a very nice place to stay in Ft. Lauderdale.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 10th floor or higher for the best ocean view; otherwise the palm trees partiall...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Just a stone's throw away to the beach, and not to mention how spacious and comfortable the room was! We were at level 7; with pool access easily. Prompt service, good food and near to lots of eateries and convienient stores.I would definitely stay with Ritz again if I come back to FLL next time. The only downside is the wi-fi service. It doesn't seem to work at times. Other than that, I will strongly recommend this wonderful hotel if you do not mind paying a little more for an outstanding hotel with ultimate comfort :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Humres32
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel in a great location. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. CVS next door for those forgotten items. Room is large and clean. My only comment is with regard to the wi-Fi. It is unbelievable that after paying over $450 a night that I still need to purchase wi Fi. For a hotel that is known for customer service, I find this extremely disappointing. Then when I pay the $15, my signal strength is 2 bars (out of 5). Are you kidding me? I am desperately trying to get some work done before we leave on our cruise and I'm spending valuable time waiting for my system to load. Not what I expect from the Ritz.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!