“pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
“pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We commonly stay in a Candlewood when we are not home so we are very fimilar with all the ammenities. We find this Candlewood to be very clean, well organized and to have a polite and pleasant staff. This particular location has but two washers and two dryers for a full sized extended stay hotel so laundry can sometimes be a dance but it is said that the engineer only allowed for two/two in his design. The location is good for immediate access to hwy 95, the turnpike and interstate 1. It also has a groccery store directly across the street so the stove top and grill can be utilized. Parking seems to be safe and has security walking the lot through the night hours. There are only 5 one bedroom units on the property but they have an AC unit per room so the unit DOES stay cool, the rest are the studio rooms and the largest beds on the property are queen beds.

Room Tip: rooms on the east side are cooler due to the lack of the setting sun, rooms away from the elevator a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Seffner, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Last minute booking of a room for work. Very pleased with my stay. Stayed for two weeks in Sept. 16th to 27th. Staff was very accommodating. Things that went wrong were DVD did not work. I learned later you need to have a remote for it too. They had one for me the next day. Also very easy access to the Ocean. Also did not realize that just up the road is the Old Heidelberg resturant. I am was stationed in Germany back in 1993. The food was excellent. Overall a great trip.

Room Tip: If something is not working as it should, do not wait, ask and it might be a simple solution as need...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

The home away from home its how the say everytime you pass by front desk i never felt a hotel like it was my home.! Thanks everyone you made my stay feel like a 10! Small parking lot from my truck but i was able.to.park at holiday in express next door.

• Stayed October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

It was a pleasure trip. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The front desk women, Heather, was very pleasant and upbeat. Nice to see that someone can smile on the job. The only thing was that the gym seemed a little small. Other than that our stay was wonderful. I would like to Thank the staff at Candlewood for making my stay a great one.

Room Tip: I liked the corner room. They always seem to be a little bigger and brighter. If you like the feel o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Queens Village, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I totally enjoyed my stay at the Candlewood Suites. The staff is extremely friendly and capable. They want to make sure you have everything you need to be totally comfortable. It is extremely clean and obviously maintained. I love the room. It has these amazing beds which allows me the best sleep I ever had. The full kitchen makes it very convenient for cooking meals and not relying on restaurants for every meal. The location is great. There is a plaza directly across the street that has everything you need, including a supermarket. Plus you are near the main hwy to go to all the cool spots in Florida. Minutes from the beaches and all attractions. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: There is no special preference except I usually like to stay away from the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My visit was for business but i had a very nice stay. The staff was very friendly and helpfull especially Juan and Gabby. The full kitchen in the rooms were very nice with plenty of storage. In the lobby is the Cupboard where they have snacks from muffins to icecream to lean cuisines and drinks also connected is a small laundromat and the gym. The airport shuttle was there when i departed to take me back to the airport, also a nice gentlemen. I will be returning here for my next business trip or hopefully a vacation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

If someone had told me that a hotel could really be a home away from home I would have told them they were out of their marbles. A hotel isn't comfortable like home right?! Wrong!!! From day one I have experienced nothing but the best service. Juan Carlos and Gabby who were there when I checked in always asked about my stay while I was there. I thought for sure that they would be the only ones but the night staff members Yohan, Matthew, and Perry were also just as eager to make sure they provided excellent service. I didn't anticipate a kitchen or complimentary laundry when I came in but I'm glad I made a great choice. I really was home without really being home. Thanks guys for everything!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport? Share your experiences!