“Cheap, clean and convenient. Great economical option for the Ft. Lauderdale area.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport

Save 10-30%
Ranked #46 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Narragansett, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I booked 1 night at this hotel through priceline.com and snagged a real bargain. I arrived in Ft. Lauderdale a couple of days prior to a job interview so I needed a cheap place to stay at for the first night (I was to stay the following night at a pricey hotel in downtown Ft. Lauderdale paid for by my prospective employer). At front desk I as told that my reservation was for a smoking room and I requested to be switched to a non smoking; my request was courteously accomodated. Room was a suite set-up with small kitchenette, kitchen utensils, refrigerator, etc. Discount grocery store was located across the street so it was very convenient to shop for my groceries and bring them back to my hotel room. Would definitely recommend this hotel to any one looking for a cheap, convenient and clean option!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Vincent, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

When traveling any great distance to board a cruise ship, it's always a good idea to arrive the day before. The Candlewood we chose for their proximity to Port Everglades and their Park n' Sail package (free parking during your cruise). This package, however, does NOT include free transportation to the port ($20 plus tip, I believe). We were not informed of this before or during the booking process.

The hotel was nice to excellent, the staff friendly and helpful, the room new, clean, spacious, and comfortable. Ours was on the ground floor with a view of the pool. Even at that, not a sound from outside. The pool was modest in size with a nearby spa, both of which I enjoyed. Access was by the room key card. There is a small restaurant on the premesis but several others are within walking distance, or a short drive.

Be prepared, boarding day in the lobby is hectic to chaootic, especially when many ships are departing. The hotel has a schedule of shuttle times for which you may sign on to, but the day we were there they were hopelessly behind schedule. We had signed for the 10:30 shuttle and it was noon or after before we got all our excessive luggage loaded and were on the way to the port, which was jammed with vehicular traffic (the major cause for the delay). As a cruise port, Everglades is what Miami use to be only bigger, more spread out, and struggling to handle the incredible volume of traffic.

Upon returning from the cruise (Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas), there was a 45 minute wait for the shuttle back to the hotel (free--or at least I don't recall paying for it at the time). The car was hot but safe in back of the hotel. The shuttle let us off within a few feet of our vehicle. I can't think of a thing I would do differently and would likely return to the hotel the night before any future cruise out of Port Everglades. We had an AARP rate.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Escondido, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

My group of 15 stayed at the Candlewood Suites before & after our cruise. They were very accomodating & friendly. I can't say enough about the beautiful rooms with kitchens & full size refrigerators. And the cost was unbelieveably inexpensive!! They also referred us to an outstanding shuttle service, All Star Shuttle, to pick us up & take us back & forth for our cruise. I have already referred Candlewood Suites to friends & family. We will definately be staying there when we are in the area!!!

• Stayed May 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I loved this beautiful hotel, these suites were very clean, setup like a comfortable home away from home. The staff was exceptional, and met any and all of my needs, the General Manager Juan and front desk staff went above and beyond to make my stay a welcome and relaxing getaway. I highly recommend this hotel. The location could not be any better, airport, shopping, close to the beach, just perfect. Anyone coming to the Ft. Lauderdale, Florida area must take advantage of this beautiful hotel. Great job to all staff!!!

Melanie

• Stayed April 2011
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I travelled to Ft. Lauderdale last weekend for vacation and spent my time at the Candlewood Suites, this was the best part of my trip. The front desk assistant for starters was extremely knowledgeable helpfull about the area and my stay. The hallways and room were clean the entire stay they had a "like new" feel. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone.
BEST HOTEL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
HIManagement84, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments on your recent stay. It makes us feel real good to hear such great comments. Thank you for staying with us.
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I normally love candlewood suites, but this hotel really disappointed me. The staff was extremely rude and the rooms did not look like they had been cleaned in a very long time. I was even afraid to sleep on top of the sheets. To top it all off, we spent the whole night listening to mice in the walls and praying we wouldn't see one run across the floor. You are better off sleeping at the airport.

• Stayed March 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

We stayed at the Candlewood suites for a night prior to a cruise.
We wanted to use Priority Club points (that we aquired through Air Miles) and this hotel used fewer points than other hotels in the area.
The hotel worked out well for us.
The room was more of a tiny apartment. Half the floor space was taken up with the kitchen area including a full size fridge, dishwasher, stovetop....it is fully equipped with coffeemaker, dishes, pots and pans....none of which we really used. There is a large TV with DVD player. There was a desk area we used for our luggage and stuff.
The bed I found to be very comfortable and the bedding of good quality.
We had a good sleep.
There is hardly a lobby, just a desk area to check in. We found the girl working that night to be very friendly and helpful.
We asked about using a computer station, which we could next door at the Holiday Inn. They had 2 computers you could use for free.
The pool at the HI looked really nice, lots of comfy chairs, palm trees, I understand we could ask for permission to use it. We did not get in early enough or else we would.
We used the shuttle to get from the airport to the hotel. It was a zoo at the airport on the Friday afternoon that we arrived. We were confused about where the pick up was and ended up waiting in the wrong spot for a long time. It was our mistake and after calling the hotel back to clarify we got the shuttle van with no problem. Make sure you are in the "shuttle" area off to the side outside the airport!
The shuttle to the port the next morning was also picked up at the Holiday Inn next door. When we booked many months ago they offered free shuttle service to the port, now they charge $8 per person. They let us go for free because of when we booked. I would be inclined check into taxi rates....
The mall across the road was handy, we bought soft drinks and wine to bring onto the ship (Carnival lets you do this). There is a dollar store as well. We ate at Subway (there is McDonalds, Wendy's, and a pizza place). We bought some things at Winn-Dixie for breakfast the next day which worked out great (fruit, danish, orange juice). Coffee is available at the hotel for free.
If we weren't as tired from travelling we would have ate supper at the German place a block over. Others raved about the food there.
If there wasn't a big price difference, we would stay at the Holiday Inn next door (just a few steps away) as that is where the amenities were (computer, pool, port shuttle, breakfast) although we were happy with our choice.
Across the road was a Hampton Inn and a Best Western.
We would recommend the Candlewood suites, very clean and comfortable, for a night or two (if we stayed longer we would certainly want a location by the beach).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport? Share your experiences!