“Romance on water in an intiMate restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Serafina Italian Restaurant & Waterfront Bistro

Serafina Italian Restaurant & Waterfront Bistro
926 Northeast 20th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Victoria Park)
+1 954-463-2566
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Serafina Italian Restaurant & Waterfront Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #309 of 1,150 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Victoria Park
Description: Serafina Italian Restaurant & Waterfront Bistro is Fort Lauderdale's best Italian restaurant! "Serafina" in Italian translates to both "angel of the sea" and "fine evening." Those who have been to Serafina Waterfront Bistro agree that our name fits our fine Italian restaurant. Anyone who has been fortunate enough to travel to Italy knows how easy it is to fall in love with the people, the language, the landscape and of course the food. Italians take great pride in their love of food and wine. This legendary love is matched only by the desire to share it with friends and family. This traditional essence of Italy has been brought to us here in Fort Lauderdale. Serafina celebrates all of this with warmth and passion. This beautifully romantic, candlelit trattoria is nestled in Victoria Park on a gorgeous view of the Middle River. Its doors open to the most irresistibly charming ambiance and aromas of fantastic Mediterranean flavors. Its Italian-speaking staff is perfectly complemented by the melodies of Andrea Bocelli, Michael Buble and Il Divo. Save your appetite and taste for yourselves this mouthwatering celebration of food and fun. Beautiful nights are every evening at Serafina Waterfront Bistro. Buon appetito!
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Romance on water in an intiMate restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Fresh homemade pasta specials daily...pumpkin stuffed ravioli! Beautiful salads. Went with two girlfriends who are well travelled and love great dinng out experiences...we all loved our entrees! This is my favorite spot

Visited October 2012

Boynton Beach
“Ruined birthday surprise romantic dinner for my girlfriend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Disappointed on every level: Rude and condescending service, expensive yet mediocre food, so-so atmosphere. Definitely misled by some other reviews. My girlfriend loves Italian cuisine, so I surprised her yesterday (her birthday) by taking her to this restaurant on the water, thinking it would be a memorable experience. Unfortunately, I was right. When walking in, the music was Italian pop- not romantic at all- and we were sat outside next to a group who had been allowed to bring their dog in with them (!). The dog repeatedly came over to my girlfriend's feet, and she is certainly not a dog-lover. Not an experience I expected when you're dropping nearly $100 on a meal. The table and presentation were below average at this price-level...you will easily find a far better and more romantic atmosphere at a Brio or other similar chain restaurant. However, the impetus for this review was the service- the worst I've encountered. The waiter was clearly not trained in customer service skills (my job actually does entail training customer service representatives professionally). I told him while walking to sit down that it was my girlfriend's birthday, and I would love it if there was any way they could make is special for her. The waiter didn't even acknowledge my request. He had an air of condescension in interaction with us, and treated us like we were stupid when asking questions about menu items. "Fine," I thought, "So it's a snobby 'we're better than you' restaurant. I can deal with that as long as it lives up to its own hype". The food however was mediocre in every way, and my dish was bland, lukewarm and clearly not cooked to order. My girlfriend ordered a spicy shrimp/pasta dish. When she took the first bite, her face turned red it was so spicy...I took a bite myself to see if she was exaggerating. Nope. We both love spicy food, but it was over the top and the flavor was not to her liking. Having only taken one bite, she called the waiter over to request a different dish, apologizing for causing the waiter inconvenience (not that she needed to apologize, but that is just how she is with others). The waiter replied in a monotone voice, "Why didn't you tell me up front you don't like spicy food?" We both stared in disbelief at his question. Trying the request again, my girlfriend politely said she didn't realize the dish would be so spicy, and she would like to order a different entree. The waiter said, "I'm sorry, but you'll have to pay for another dish if you would like something else. If you didn't like spicy food, you should have told me up front and I would have made another suggestion. You will have to pay for the dish". In all my years at any restaurant I have ever been too, I have never been denied a substitute dish (especially after only one bite!) if the food wasn't to my liking, and certainly not at upscale restaurants. She didn't ask for a refund; she just wanted something else as she didn't like the entree. So we stared at the waiter, flabbergasted by his response. He looked at us with a "you won't get one over me" demeanor and then simply walked off when we didn't respond. We immediately asked another waitress for our check and she looked at us with resignation as though this happens a lot. She brought us the check, and we were in and out of the restaurant in less than 25 minutes, $100 poorer. A complete waste of a dinner I tried to make special for my girlfriend.

If you are looking for an upscale restaurant with atmosphere, class, and superb food, this is NOT it. Certainly don't waste a special occasion on it.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
TN
“A great bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

OUr meal here was features a delicious fresh Branzino, roasted to perfection. The owner and chef are all over making sure the diners are happy, and for the most part all the tables were filled and no complaining. The wait staff is old school and all that is missing is for Tony Soprano and his entourage to walk in.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food; High Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

A lovely little italian restaurant -- gourmet food but you pay for it. Pretty pricey. I enjoyed it, but it hit my pocketbook a little too hard -- there are a number of less expensive options. However, if you are looking for a special occasion place, this will do.

Visited December 2012
Bridgeport, NJ
“My second visit to a true Italian Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I love this little restaurant. The owner visits the tables, making your experience even more pleasurable. Nice little wine menu, great homemade pastas and wonderful bread. Our server's name was Mickey and she treated us like royalty on a sunny afternoon with some pinot gri, some chardonnay and then on to the food.The back area looks right on the inter coastal. we actually arrived by boat and tied up prior to sitting at a great table. I enjoyed my sausage and oriachette with a very light tomato sauce....not gravy heavy but light sauce. Take my word for this little cute stop. Go in and enjoy.

• Visited January 2013