“Price is right -- Angela is the best” 4 of 5 stars

Birch Patio Motel
617 N. Birch Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #20 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reno
“Price is right -- Angela is the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hi Guys -- The top three pros I can say about Birch Patio is that the price is reasonable, the location is perfect, and it's really clean. We stayed in an efficiency and really liked it. However, the air con was really loud in the room, which made sleeping a little difficult, and the pillows were completely flat -- fortunately I bring my own pillows with me everywhere I go! :)

But really, the true spirit of the place is Angela. If she wasn't so cool, we might not have enjoyed our stay as much. She is amazing. She works really hard to make you happy, and does it effortlessly. The internet connection to our room was sort of crappy, so she lent me a key to the computer room and let me set up my office in there for a couple days so I could get some work done. She's just so totally trustworthy, which is refreshing. I don't know if she is the owner or an employee, but I hope she is making what she is worth! Go Angela!

We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights prior to a cruise. From the wonderful welcome by Angela to my departure, I really enjoyed my stay here. Room was big, clean, well maintained and had a well equipped kitchen. Free wi-fi was greatly appreciated.
I walked to Publix for supplies - about a 20 minute walk. Also took the Water Taxi which was a great way to see Fort Lauderdale. I had room 214 which overlooked the pool.
I would certainly stay here again especially for a few days when it is preferable to have cooking facilities.
Go Airport shuttle from the airport to the motel was $11.
Andrew

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is one of three properties lovingly cared for by Angela, her husband and occasionally the local kitty Socks who keeps an eye on the place. There is the Birch Patio Motel, The Napoli and Summerland - which is located "in the back" if you consider the ocean "the front." We usually stay there before or after a cruise and have been there 7 times now. We have stayed in all three motels and they have all been great. Clean, simple, spacious - especially the one-bedrooms. 2 blocks to the beach and a neighbourhood mix of older charming motels and some fancy highrise hotels. There is an old charm here reminding me of simpler times yet with all the modern conveniences like free wifi. The pool areas are clean and inviting. What I look forward to the most is the warm and friendly atmosphere that starts with Angela in the office and flows out to the whole property. I have had some wonderful conversations sitting around the pool in the early evening. Also a very short ($25.00) cab ride to both the airport and cruise port for those wondering about its convenience pre/post cruising. The only thing that kept me from writing a review sooner is that I selfishly wanted to make sure there would be space for me when I go back! So, Angela, make sure there is room for us on our next adventure to Fort Lauderdale :)

Room Tip: All three properties are good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had the most pleasant experience with my wife and daughter in this hotel. Family oriented, excelent location, and with warming staff and hospitality. Thanks to Angela and Alessandra for very pleasant time. More than recommended!

Room Tip: BBQ place in the hotel and warm swimming pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Just spent another wonderful few days at the birch patio. As always - mega clean, really relaxing , and friendly - all in all just a super great value place to spend a vacation - winter or summer :) I'll be back again for sure...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ibiza, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

me and my friend spend two days at the birch patio in fort laudedale..when we arrived a charming lady who i think is the owner did recived us with a big smile and give us a very nice room apartment..we been very happy to see than the room was just next to the cold pool and wee also enjoy the other pool...the motel was very chrming and everything we need was inside as the kitchen was having all the equipment and very very clean...also nice to see than the parking as a security man at night...good recomended...the two french boys...

Room Tip: room next to the cold pool on the left side near patio with plants and palm tree
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Epagny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

On our trip through Florida, which we started in Ft. Lauderdale, we found this nice place and decided to stay there again coming back from our trip. We stayed in the Napoli Belmar for the first stay and for the second stay in the Birch Patio. Both rooms were spacious, clean and with full kitchen. There are 3 well maintained clean pools and a barbecue place. The owners are very friendly and helpfull and gave us great advices where to eat. The staff members were very polite.It's a short walk to the beach and even for the evening you can leave your car if you don't mind walking about 20 minutes. We will keep the address in case we will come back to Fort Lauderdale and recommended it already to a couple of friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Birch Patio Motel? Share your experiences!