“I love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
NYC
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

for the past 5 yrs we have occasionally stay at the birch Patio, because its such a peaceful and welcoming place, clean and close to the beach, they treat you as if its your home away from home, I love staying there. will be going back in July.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This year we again stayed at the Birch Patio pre cruise and it worked out very well. I cannot emphasize enough how helpful the manager (Angela) is. She is always friendly and there when you need a question answered or help as we did. As others noted, the place is spotless and well situated. Looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: If an efficiency is available, take it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

The Birch Patio was recomended to us by friends. The Birch Patio is one of those 'word of mouth' treasures. We stayed for the first time in November 2010 / a second time in April 2011 and then December 2011. We travel for business & pleasure and the Birch is a perfect fit for us. The rooms are clean & comfortable. BBQ's are available, as are lawn chairs & towels for the beach. (The owner, Angela stores these 'left behind' items for guest use). The young woman that took care of our room is Alehandra. She is terrific. Friendly and accommodating, The staff is never to busy to smile and say hello.
The pools are lovely, the beds comfortable and we love the retro look and feel.
If this sounds like the place for you call Angela at The Birch.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

We stayed in an efficiency for a week over Thanksgiving and were very comfortable and were sad to leave. The rooms were spotless and the sheets and bed were fresh and clean. The lovely patio area next to the pool was the perfect spot to sit with a book and read...after dinner we sat out and had a relaxing drink and watched the sunset over the palm trees. The heated pool lured me in for a swim at least once a day...we had some rough weather at the beach and it was wonderful to be able to sit poolside out of the wind and swim whenever we wanted. We had stayed in Big Hotels in South Beach and Coral Gables and found this hotel to be more enjoyable. We will be back ..hopefully for another week long or longer stay!!! Thank you Angela (:

Room Tip: I loved staying on the ground floor right next to the pool. I just stumbled out of our front door w...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Stayed here in October 2011 for two nights on the way home to the UK from a business trip to Texas, was on my own so just wanted something quiet, clean and near the beach. What a great find. Looked round a few other places at the $60 mark and they were not very nice to say the least. Found the Birch Patio which was dearer but perfect. Quiet location, three minute stroll to the beach, spotless rooms, well furnished, very friendly staff, nice pool area and quiet at night. Perfect and I would certainly stay again. This was my first trip to Fort Lauderdale in 20 years and the area has been done up well, really looking forward to going back in 2012!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Nashua, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Of all the places I have stayed during my trips to Ft Lauderdale, this is the best in my opinion. All the rooms are non-smoking. My room was spotless, immaculately clean and from the second floor balcony view I could see up the street to the beach. The Birch Patio is located 2 blocks behind A1A, or the main street that runs along the Ft. Lauderdale beach. From the motel it is a 5 minute walk to the beach, which I liked so there is no need to drive & pay to park It is easily accessible to supermarkets & restaurants. The Birch Patio is affiliated with the Napoli BelMar which is next door, so they have 4 outdoor pools between them. The bed was good sized, possibly a king or queen. There was a full sized refridgerator as opposed to a "mini" fridge. The room had a toaster, microwave & coffee maker, and a small table with 2 chairs. Closet space was ample and the bathroom was bigger than any I have seen during my previous trips. And there is FREE email & Wi-Fi access. There are also on premises laundry facilities. Need drawer space? Plenty of it here. 2 regular sized bureaus and 2 smaller ones next to the bed. And of course, there was Angela. She runs the Birch Patio & she was very accommodating, helpful & pleasant. I do not know how I overlooked this place previously. I was very happy with my room & how I was treated. Need more information? Check out their website: www.birchpatio.com.

Room Tip: Any room by the pools is best.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
PARIS FRANCE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I stayed in the Birch Patio for 11 nights in november 2010; from the start, preparing my trip at home, Angela was really helpful .
Upon my arrival, I really felt welcomed; the room was very nice, tiled floor so there is not this funny smell you get with carpeting; the bathroom was really clean, even if it is a little dated, but that is the charm of it; I felt like going in a family house, brought back memories of my childhood holidays.
There is a fridge and a microwave in the room, a table outside, near a soothing fountain;
and it's only 2 blocks from the beach!
there are 3 pools on the property, everything clean and well maintened.
in the evening you can have access to a computer ank keep in touch with your e-mails
I would come back and surely will come back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Been to Birch Patio Motel? Share your experiences!