“Not bad for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #107 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Ooltewah, Tennessee
“Not bad for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

Convenient location for walking on the beach or shopping. The room was larger than I expected with a small kitchenette separate from the bedroom. Nice outside sitting area with free wifi. While a little rundown, it was clean and safe. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: While the rooms do not have wifi, public area does.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Copenhagen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Stayed here with a friend for a night, and rebooked one more night, as we really felt welcomed. Brian from the reception were a great help more than once in directing us to the things we should see in Fort Lauderdale.

The place is not luxurious in any way, and could use a hand here and there, but overall we liked it, and wouldn't mind staying here again next time we go to Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

I have stayed at quite a few 2-3 star hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area and I'm not that picky. Usually if the floor is clean enough and the sheets, towels and pillowcases are tolerable, I may write a somewhat less than favorable review but I will stay....

For the 1st time ever I checked into a hotel and walked out within 10 minutes wanting to get a full refund but refused to stay whether or not I got my money back...

I wanted to be on FLL beach this time and decided to book a hotel on the beach. Parked, checked in, walked into the room and refused to even put my bag down...

The agent was polite but there was nothing at all positive about the room. There were dead insets on the floor... Yes insects... Not one bug but several... Don't know if the sheets were clean because I didn't check.... The spread seemed rumpled and uneven as if someone may have jus laid on top of it and in every corner was what seemed like insect droppings...

I contacted the 3rd party website with whom I booked and informed them that I was leaving and did not want to see other rooms because if they considered this room fitvto check in I didn't want to see another.

The location was not the best for FLL beach but was good enough for a quick walk to the beach.

Value for the area was very good but for the hotel was way overpriced.

They decided not to refund me because I didn't give them a chance to show them another room and recover but I wouldn't have stayed if they refunded me and paid me extra to stay.

I informed the 3rd party through which I booked that not only should it not be listed as a 2 star hotel but it shouldn't even be in their portfolio...

• Stayed June 2014
Greater Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

my name is greg king and I stayed at sea beach plaza august 2nd 2014 to august 9th 2014 and I had the best time ever/and the owner and staff members were very nice and helpful /the room was very nice clean/and the location of the motel is only half bloc from ocean/it was very reasonably priced too/I was very happy with every thing the pool rom and staff members/I will do it again next year if can/im having cancer surgery /next week and I wanted to get away and enjoy myself/and I did have a great experience with the time spent at the motel/it was nice to get away and foget about your problems for at least a week/te motel made it happen/thanks againto the owner and staff members for the great time I had wish me luck /hopefully I come back next year!!I would definitely recommend your hotel to everyone I know who would want to go to ft Lauderdale!!

Room Tip: just enjoy yourself no tips to give other than I was very happy about service and price!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Our family stayed here for the 4th of July weekend. The location was great and we enjoyed all the festivities. The hotel was across from the beach and very close to all restaurants and activities. It was an older building but clean and the front desk manager was great. It was well worth the money. $79 for the weekend for a nice apartment. I was pleased with our stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Ft.Lauderdale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Turns out after a week in hell there is cheaper clean motels on hwy84. I Payed for a week no refund they wouldnt help moved me to another room tbat was a dump and MAGGOTS got in the room from the dumpster out back. Owners son came and wouldnt even talk to me!!!

• Stayed July 2014
boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Terrible, Terrible Hotel - I would rather sleep in my rental car then in that place....YUK....we had to leave the hotel after 5 minutes in the room. DO NOT GO THERE!!! the person at the front desk wanted to show me other rooms, but I cannot stay here :-(

Room Tip: Please....Do Pick another Hotel....and abandon building would have been nicer....Honest to god!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Beach Plaza? Share your experiences!