“Fabulous - but at a cost!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   505 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rates from $179
Ranked #9 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Bristol
“Fabulous - but at a cost!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

Okay, If you are very wealthy and don't mind paying $29.50 every day for valet parking plus tips every time you need to come and go then this is the hotel for you. We booked a package deal with Virgin Holidays so wasn't expecting to spend over $400 in parking over the fortnight of our stay (plus another $100 in tips). Also, there is no laundry room only a laundry service ($2.50 for 1 pair of socks) which was just out of the question for us. APART FROM THAT IT WAS PERFECT. The hotel really is first class, the rooms are fantastic, the shower was fabulous, the spa bath luxurious, exceptional fitness room, full maid service twice a day, spectacular views, really friendly staff, excellent pool area, great location right next to the beach (except for the busy main road to cross but that was no problem), at the right end of the beach away from the noisy bars, everything was very clean and plush. So to sum it up, if you have plenty of spare cash (or are a business person travelling on expenses) I would definately recommend this hotel. If, like us, you are a family travelling on a package holiday from the UK you might want to pick a hotel with free parking and complimentary breakfast and spend your spare cash on trips to Sawgrass!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

2,428 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

I stayed at this hotel when I was on a business trip to Fort Lauderdale. I have stayed in several hotels in Fort Lauderdale, and this was by far the best one (and the best one of all the hotels I've stayed in around the country, as I travel weekly for work). The staff members were very friendly, and the restaurant waitstaff were excellent; they even remembered my name after only seeing me once. The housekeepers came twice a day, and the room was immaculate. The front desk staff was also very friendly. It really felt like I was more on vacation and had to work a couple days than the other way around. There were only three things that were slightly bothersome: the pool waitstaff were very slow and somewhat neglectful; the valet on the last day of my trip were also not very attentive--it took almost 10 minutes to be acknowledged--I think the attendant was sitting in the office and did not see me through the window; and the business center charges $.50 per page to print, which is excessive. However, to me, those are minor setbacks, and I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Jax FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

First off, the trip was booked via online w/ a rate of $99.00 a night for Florida residents, which didn't seem particularly bad at first until we realize all the hidden fees incurred throughout our vacation / honeymoon. We were not aware of all of this because of course it is not posted anywhere so we feel obligated to let the public know this fact ... $99.00 a night is not a guarantee at the Hilton to be the only cost of your stay. From the look of the pictures posted on the website, the resort depicted a very elegant and pleasant environment which me and my wife thought to be a very suitable place to stay especially for $99.00 ... we first arrived and the check-in process was very quick and had little trouble until we found our room to be on the opposite side of the main lounge (quite a trek) ... the hotel was being renovated so it had a ton of unfinished areas which then lead to our room. The hallway leading to our room had no air and in Ft. Lauderdale around 8:30 at night the heat was unbearable. Once we arrived at our room we entered and noticed we had a decent view of the pool but as the website stated we were promised complimentary robes which was nowhere to be found and cocktails. The room was nice at first sight until you started to notice the hap hast handy work done to the room ... scuffs everywhere, carpet filled with stains, paint spotting all over, rust, and beware the foot board (almost broke my toe walking around the bed). And then of course if you've read the posts before there is a internet charge of approx $13.00 a day which was ludicrous and unheard of. Me and my wife do quite a bit of traveling and this was a first for the both of us. Ok now on our second day it was a nice day made a road trip over to the beach. But then we returned back to this Hotel. We were getting ready for our honeymoon dinner when we had a knock at the door the guys was asking if we had requested a new key and we stated No! Then we were about to leave and thought maybe we should check our key before leaving and of course it didn't work so we went by the front desk they said yes we had a problem with your card so we deactivated your room key!!!!! WOW was this necessary I say NO! Well then we were escorted back to our room by security to get our card to made the long haul back to the front desk. Ok finally ready for dinner then leaving the parking lot you have to swipe your card and guess what it still didn't work. My husband had to pull back to the front and go back to the front desk again...... So finally we just gave up on dinner and went to Mc D's for our honeymoon dinner.... Thanks Hilton..... The day we left I was the happiest finally heading back to Jacksonville. We had the receipt under the door and OMG the hidden fees yea that $99.00 a night is a joke. By the time you pay for parking and bed fees, and taxes a geezzzeeeee if you use the internet you're looking at a good $149.00 per night and then you don't get what you are promised........ Please look else where before booking your stay here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

We stayed here for the second time in late May of 2009, for a long weekend. We actually were not booked here, we were originally booked in an apartment/condo off of Las Olas, but after stepping foot in it, we new we made the wrong decision, and called the Hilton…sooo glad we did. As a quick aside, be careful in getting advice from the FLL forum. There are 3 – 4 regular posters who are very biased in their opinions and recommendations. Do your own research.

The place was perfect again. I just love the layout of the 2 bedroom suite. The kitchen and living room are very spacious, and the wrap around balcony is large too. There really is a lot of room and this is a great choice if you are staying with another couple, you never feel like you are on top of each other. The full size fridge is nice for snacks, leftovers from dinner, and drinks.

We had the larger of the two bedrooms, and again, very roomy. The bathroom is really spacious on this side with a stand alone shower, jacuzzi tub, and two sink vanity.

The pool does sometimes get a bit crowded and it may be hard to find enough chairs together, but it’s hit or miss. Cocktail service around the pool is nice. The little store/café was open this time, and it’s a good place to grab a quick breakfast or lunch snack. Some really nice options AND Starbucks coffee.

The location is great, and you don’t have to go far to get to some good restaurants. If you are going to be there a while and like to explore the entire area, you pretty much need a car.

Negatives – having to request for dishes, and not being given soap for the dishwasher…they said it was unsanitary which makes no sense. Parking. I think it would be nice if this place had a little bar/lounge to grab a drink.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

Everyone is talking about 'stay-cations' this year...so I decided to check around and see what kind of deals were out there. I ended up finding a great rate at the Ft. Lauderdale Beach Hilton Resort (AAA Rate). The resort sits right on A1A between Sunrise Blvd and Las Olas Blvd. It's next door to the as-yet-to-open Trump Towers and the awesome W Hotel. Hilton opened the property about 2 years ago...so it's fairly new.

First of all, I should state that this is a 'condo-hotel'. This simply means that people own the units and put them into a 'pool' of hotel rooms when they want to rent them out. This is the hot new concept that started about five years ago and seems to work well. This also means that there are a limited supply of rooms from time to time....depending on when you are looking.

I booked a 'King Oceanview Suite with a Pullout sofa bed' for two nights and got a pretty good rate for being directly on the beach in a new property. About $300 which included tax seemed like a great deal..especially with the room-type description. The one down-side...parking. This property has Valet only...which runs $29.50 per night. I guess if you are flying into town...you can take a taxi and won't need to worry. For those of you with a car...the $$ can add up.

The staff upon check-in was very friendly and accommodating. Check-in took about 10 minutes. Getting up to the room...there was actually two 'locked' doors to go through for our room. It seems that the room booked is really a two bedroom suite...but they break it out into a studio suite and one bedroom suite. I got the one bedroom suite. GREAT choice! Let me just say...the room is AWESOME!

The suite comes with a FULL KITCHEN. Not a kitchenette, not a microwave with a mini-fridge. A FULL KITCHEN with done in granite and stainless steel appliances. REAL appliances...a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer, a stove/range, a microwave and a dishwasher. They don't have any utensils or flatware waiting for you...but you can contact guest services and they bring it right up to you.

The bathroom is HUGE! Not only is there a jacuzzi/spa tub, but there is a huge walk-in shower with one of the best shower heads in a hotel I've seen. There are two sinks as well...but no separate 'vanity' area.

This particular suite has a separate living area with a LCD TV, a pull-out sofabed and a chair. While the sofabed isn't that comfortable (what sofabed is)...it is really a great option.

There is also a wrap-around balcony that offered views of downtown Ft.Lauderdale and the beach. There is also another small balcony off thebedroom with views of the Trump Tower and the beach.

There is internet service in the room at a cost of $13.95 per 24 hours. There was a problem with the ethernet cable. It wasn't long enough to use the laptop on the desk if you have the ethernet port on the left side of your laptop. There is Wi-Fi, but it's not the best connection. This is the only real complaint I have in the room. However...when it was mentioned to the front desk staff upon check-out, they waved the 2-day fee! They were a bit hesitant at first (all hotels do that)..but they checked the log and saw that a complaint was phoned in on the first day of the stay. That was great customer service.

There are two restaurants on property. The more 'casual' bakery is located beach level and serves everything from pastries to pizza. They serve coffee and have some basic grocery items for sale as well. The main restaurant is located on the 6th floor next to the pool entrance and workout room.

They had dinner buffets each night, but didn't splurge for the $35 price tag (includes tax and tip). The restaurant looked well decorated and the prices were around the mid-to-upper range...at least for the beach. Oh...they also offer 24 hour room service with a limited menu.

Overall...the Ft. Lauderdale Beach Hilton Resort is an awesome property. It's well worth the price and the service stands up to any of the more high-brow resorts around. It would be a great place for a family to stay for a week vacation, since you can save some money on food....buy groceries and eat in a few times. The Hilton will even do your grocery shopping if you want!

I posted a few pictures on FTLToday.com (my travel blog for Ft. Lauderdale).

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

After reading all of the reviews about Fort Lauderdale, I decided to go with the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I travel a lot but have only been to Florida one other time, so I was not sure what to expect. When we checked in, we walked into a clean and modern lobby. The lady at the front desk told us that we had booked an oceanview one bedroom suite and gave us some information about the special Labor Day activities going on at the hotel. When we went to our room, we are AMAZED! I thought we were just getting a normal hotel room but with an ocean view. Instead, we had the most amazing room ever! The room had a full kitchen, living room, two full bathrooms (one with a view out to the ocean), a walk in closet, two flat screen televisions, and two huge patios. In fact our room (718) had the largest patio the resort offers with its own sun deck and chairs. The same suites on other floors did not have the sun deck area. The staff was wonderful the entire weekend, the pool was fun (and I normally hate public pools), and the views were great. Alex the main pool attendant is very nice and friendly. You can rent a cabana at the pool for the day that comes with a flat screen tv, drinks, food, etc.. Also, the location was perfect! You are not right next door to all the noise and bars like the Ritz Carlton is but you are close enough to walk to places to eat, the fun bars, etc.. The W is next door and has a good night life vibe too. Only negatives- you have to rent chairs at the beach if you plan to go to the beach and the pool does need some sort of security on full time patrol during the day. We went to the beach and I got stung by a jellyfish in the first one minutes we were there so we didn't get a chair. There was a naked baby in the pool, which since my husband owns a pool company is a big deal to us because we know from experience that if the baby uses the restroom in the pool it is going to have to be shut down. Also, we had a guy bring his own radio to the pool and put on his very loud music even though the pool area already has music playing. We never complain but on these two items we did report the situation and both times it was handled VERY promptly. We did eat lunch at Ilios and the staff was great! The truffle french fries were awesome!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

Great service from the hotel staff. willing to make any accommodations to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Very beautiful beach and location.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort? Share your experiences!