“Great place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

You added Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   505 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rates from $179
Ranked #10 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, GA
“Great place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

First, the rooms are great. They are all suites. Each has at least a microwave and kitchen area. Studios have kitchenettes while the 1+ bedrooms have full kitchens. All kitchen are modern with stainless steel appliances. Room decor is also very modern. The bathrooms. The bathrooms are very nice. I would say they are nicer than what most people have in their homes. Each bathroom has a glass door rain shower shower and and a separate bathtub. The bathtub is very deep. Separate sitting and sleeping areas in 1+ bedroom area.

The service. Also excellent. Each day we were there (7 days), we were greeted by smiling staff who would help us with all of our needs. We also ate breakfast at the hotel every day. Excellent wait staff and prompt service.

The location. This property is beachfront with a small but busy street out in front. From our room, we could see the ocean. You can walk down the street for dining (if you like walking) or take the trolley. Or just spend your days across the street at the beach.

I can't really say anything bad about this place. There is a separate parking fee ($29) each day, but this a luxury hotel.

• Liked — beachfront location
  • Disliked — high parking fee
  • Stayed October 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (700)
ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

boWed a weekend with my sisters and mom to celebrate my 50th and mom's 80th! Had a beautiful room set up with two bedrooms, two baths and beautiful balcony and views. Kitchen was lovely but no utensils or dishes at all. Service at desk and bellhop was great but the olios restaurant was overpriced and our waiter complained about the request to split the bill up, then asked us to put on the room rather than pay cash? The room was great, and the pool was nice but don't be misled this is not exactly on the beach, despite the fact that two people who said they were actually at the property told me it was. Having been to ft. lauderdale, I knew that most were across the a1a but was asking about this due to a walk being too much for my mom. We were close to beach. right across the street, but not what they assured me and that was weird? So we stayed by the pool, where drinks were watered down and very expensive but kindly served! We had very good service overall, and again, loved the pool and room and especially the balcony. oh, and to hilton, you really should not still be charging for internet especially when connection is poor, not even wireless

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Milford, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

Arrived at 2am they had the room we reserved waiting for us. We had a king studio on the 15th floor ocean view. Room had a small kitchen area that was great. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean. The balcony was similar to a cruise ship. The only thing is that your car must use the valet service $31.27 per day with tax...Can't wait to go back.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

I stayed here for 2 days on a business trip and the experience was great. I stayed on the 25th floor and had a nice view of the ocean.
The check-in was easy and the front desk staff was helpful, the hotel was clean and there was always someone cleaning here and there. The staff was friendly and always greeted me with a smile and hello.
The room was nice, standard hilton bed and bedding, nice TV, great patio with a wonderful view. The room was not the most quiet I could hear noises (building noises not sounds from other rooms) but it wasn't bad enough to disturb my sleep.
The fitness room was nice, clean, staffed, and had plenty of cardio machines and dumbbell.

If I was staying in Ft. Lauderdale for a personal trip I may shop around as this hotel was on the high end. You do get what you pay for though.

• Liked — Location and service
  • Disliked — The $14 fee for Internet use
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

Better than expected

Just back from a family vacation Dec 26th – Jan 4th. Traveling with small children you never know what to expect but this hotel - rooms, views, staff, food exceeded all our expectations and then some.

We arrived before noon and were led right up to our spacious 2 bedroom suite on the 6th floor. Not only was the room modern, spacious, clean and much above average, we also had a HUGE wrap around balcony with amazing city/sunset and ocean views. Also having a room on the 6th floor meant no elevator to deal with given the pool, gym and restaurant were all located here. We could walk from our balcony to the pool. A big plus with children. Housekeeping had a couple of hiccups given the hotel was at 100% but the staff more than tried to make up for it.

Now the pool. Read the reviews and yes I guess the pool is a little of the small size. Chairs are pretty cramed in. We learned by the first day you need to be at the pool by 7 to reserve chairs or it could be an all out battle for chairs. Not really a problem for us given we are up. The pool attendants tried impose a 30 min sit in your chair or lose it rule. One of the staff members told me this hotel was originally not suppose to be a Hilton but a condo property. I guess when the bubble burst Hilton came in and took over the resort. That would explain the huge rooms, smallish pool and restaurant and no lobby bar. Maria would come around and offer arts and crafts and other games for the kids.

The room had a FULL kitchen. Took a couple of trips to the Publix on Sunrise and stocked up on water, drinks, breakfast foods, snacks. The kitchen window had a nice view of downtown fort Lauderdale. Having this kitchen was a HUGE help with the kids and meal times. Both bedrooms were extremely comfortable. The linins soft, beds comfy. Very nice indeed.

The food.. fluffy egg white omelets, delicious seared tuna with avocado wrap and Truffle Mac and cheese. We had some very good meals here.

Location is in the area of all new hotels. The Hilton is in between the W and Trump which were not yet open. A block to the north was the Atlantic and South was the Regis and upcoming Westin Resort.

Las Olas was a short cab (less than $20) where there were many restaurants and galley’s. Tried the new YOLO – you only live once. Food was okay but had a great nightlife scene. We didn’t rent a car and did not have a problem with taxi’s. I know some complained about the $30 per night valet but the rooms at the Hilton are cheaper than the area.

Other things to mention: 1-water taxi – took 2 hours to get to the riverfront so only take if you are in the mood for a boat ride 2-CVS, Galleria mall are a 10/15 minute nice walk away 3- Beach – seemed really nice but there were some Portuguese man-of –war’s on the beach – ouch!

I highly recommend this hotel. Was at the El San Juan in Puerto Rico last month and that hotel is dumpy compared to this.

• Liked — Clean, Spacious, modern
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

Hand's down this was one of the nicest hotels I have every stayed in. The rooms were beautiful, with marble tiles and granite countertops. The room had an amazing view of the Atlantic Ocean. The concierge was very helpful, and there are plenty of things to do within walking distance of the property. There is a really cool cafe in the lobby that has bagels, pastries, starbucks coffee, as well as wine and cheese. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

• Liked — the proximity to the beach
  • Disliked — nothing bad to say
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ventura, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

Terrific property with wonderful service. Everyone from the valet to the bell staff to the front desk to room service was absolutely incredible. The room was huge with a terrific view. The room service meal was the very best I have ever had. The bathroom was incredible with a glassed in shower and jacuzzi tub. The only complaints that I have are that I was told I was upgraded to an ocean front king suite, when I was given a queen studio and that the water in the bathroom was green- I mean really green. I called about this and was told all water in Florida was green. My family lives in Florida and I have never seen green water where they live. Needless to say I took a very quick shower, brushed my teeth with bottled water and skipped the incredible bathtub. Be prepared to pay hefty parking fees and lots of tips. But the incredible service was worth it.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort? Share your experiences!