“Paid for 2, stayed for 4” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

You added Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   505 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rates from $379
Ranked #10 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kansas City Missouri
“Paid for 2, stayed for 4”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

On this trip, we used points to stay for the last 2 nights in a corner, 1 bedroom suite. There was a wrap around deck with doors from the dining, living and bed rooms. Of course the view of the Atlantic, the beach, and the teal green water close to shore, was incredible from our 15th floor room. The suites come with a fully appointed kitchen, should you choose to eat in. We never do. What a pleasant stay at an oceanfront hotel with all the bells and whistles. It was our second stay this year and we have a cruise scheduled for late October that will take us back again before we leave for the carribbean. We found the service to be excellent, the bed quite comfortable, and the overall experience worth repeating.

Room Tip: Ocean front are the best, but a better value is the "Oceanview" suites that are on the nor...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton, and for taking time to post a review. We are pleased that your Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable, and that our entire team provided helpful and friendly service. We look forward to your next stay, and if I can assist with future reservations, please feel free to call me directly at 954-414-2602. Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (701)
houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

this hotel has easy access to the beach and a great pool area. The rooms are very comfortable and quiet. The only shortcoming in my estimation is that the fitness center has only a limited number of workout options.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your candid comments about your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations, the 6th floor Pool area, and the beautiful beach. I will share your feedback with our Recreational Dept. for review and discussion on our fitness room. We hope to see you back soon.
Miami, Fl.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Being a Hilton's Honor member we thought we would have been treated a bit better. From the moment we walked in we did not feel welcomed. The front desk woman who attended us was very straight to the point. We asked if we could get the discount for booking 2 nights in a row as mentioned on the website and were refused because each night had a different confirmation number.

The Hilton main booking center guaranteed me 100% since I was paying for one room for 2 nights and the other room was with points, they told me that the room I was paying for was guaranteed 100% to have a full kitchen. When we each got to our room .. dun dun dun NO FULL KITCHEN. Thank God for Carlos the bell man who called downstairs and was able to switch our rooms, even though the front desk told us upon checking in there was a kitchen in the rooms (note to front desk ... full kitchen and kitchenette is not the same thing)

The rooms were spacious but the furniture was run down the carpet stained and the balconies were filthy. FYI we were travelling with 3 toddlers so you know they touched all these dirty surfaces.

So my sister and I decided to have a drink by the pool and share a sushi roll and an appetizer to wait for the kids to arrive.(120.00$) At this point she called the manager. Andrew (God Bless him) please Hilton keep him because he was GREAT with us. He tried to change our room and helped us with the 34 + dollars in valet per car per night (ridiculous). He met us at the restaurant while we ate (many kudos points for this).

Andrew actually turned our day around. For the first time since we arrived we actually felt as if someone was listening to us.

As for the rest of the weekend.... we asked for kitchen supplies (plates, pots, pans, silverware, oven rack etc) well the poor woman had to come back 3 times because first there was no baking sheet, then there was no oven rack... While sitting on the balcony Saturday night a lit cigarette butt from the floors above was thrown on us. We ordered a drink at the pool on Sunday which took 15 minutes to wave down a waitress then another 30 minutes to get our drink (not her fault there were a lot of orders and not enough waitresses to go around).

We went to the beach since the sun no longer hits the pool after 330pm to find out that chairs and umbrellas are at an EXTRA cost.

Maybe I am being so sensitive because I stayed at the Westin the week before. But at least there they gave us 2 free chairs per room.

The plus...
Guys at valet
The bell men
location is great
manager

Its hard for us as a large family to travel so when little things like this get in your way they are even more frustrating than usual.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your review about your recent stay, and apologize for the issues with your room and reservation. I will ensure that your comments are shared and reviewed with our Front Office team as our aim is to make each guest feel cared for and respected. I will also recognize Andrew for handling your needs. We are in the process of room renovations and hope you will have a chance to enjoy the new furnishings. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. At your convenience, I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Thank you, Andreas.
cumming 30041
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I cruised from Ft. Lauderdale the last week of August. Prior to the cruise, we stayed at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort. The service was excellent, the rooms had a clean and fresh aroma and the bed was extremely comfortable. We ate at two restarants in the hotel, one a roof top adjacient to the beutiful pool and the other a casual dining with an outdoor area on the ground floor. Both served delicious meals and had excellent service. We nejoyed our meals so much, we returned the following weekend for lunch, when our cruise ended. We recommend this hotel and the restaurants to everyone.

Room Tip: The king beach view has a balcony with a view of the ocean at a very reasonable price.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I am pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable and comfortable, and that your dining experience was 'delicious'. We appreciate your review, and your recommendation, and hope you can return soon. Thank you!
San Anselmo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

While the locale is ideal, the service was average and the cleanliness was poor. Not to mention the inflated prices for EVERYTHING! Try two lattes, two muffins and a juice for $26! Or, $46 for two beach chairs and an umbrella!

But, I was mostly disappointed with the room. No direct ocean view, overused and tattered furniture, lamps that were falling apart, dirty carpet, stained cushions on the sofa and hair on the floor of the bathroom. Now, add the lack luster service from housekeeping, a non-functioning ice maker on our floor and aging towels and you've got a motel 6, NOT the Hilton.

The food at S3 was excellent and the pool and valet staff were courteous, helpful and welcoming. Water and towels are offered freely, and we felt cared for with each encounter.

But the condition of the room really lowered the score.

Next time, it's the Westin!

• Stayed September 2013
We appreciate your candid comments about your recent stay, and pleased to read that S3, and our pool team, provided personalized service. I apologize that your accommodations were disappointing, and will share your feedback with our housekeeping team for further review. We are currently renovating every room and hope you will have a chance to enjoy the new furnishings. At your convenience, I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Thank you, Andreas.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Loved this place, very clean and friendly service from the valet, front desk to the servers at breakfast!! Would definitely recommend this to family & friends and stay here again in a heart beat!! The room we stayed in was just renovated and had a full kitchen with a Oven, yes oven (not that we used it, but it was there if we wanted to) and full size fridge and freezer, 2 bathrooms and a walk in closet!! Bathrooms were Huge and Spotless, trust me I looked!!
If your a Gold Hilton member you can upgrade your breakfast to the full buffet for $8.00 a person, worth every penny!!!! Food and service was Great for breakfast! Pool was very nice, not huge but who needs huge when you have the ocean steps away. I read in past reviews that if they have a party in the pool area the pool area is shut down, this is true. Hotel had a wedding by the pool the first night we were there and we couldn't access the pool. This was fine as we were swimming in the ocean but I disagree with this and would've been very upset if I didn't like swimming in the ocean. The morning after the wedding we woke up to go swimming in the pool before breakfast and found vomit in one of the hot tubs. Just a FYI... your not allowed to eat breakfast in your bathing suit with a coverup on, you have to get dressed before being allowed entry; restaurant is located right next to pool area. I disagree with this as it's located next to the pool and who wants to get dressed to go back and change to go swimming. Not a deal breaker though.
Only negative and reason I didn't give 5 star rating is due to requesting glasses and silverware for the kitchen when we checked in and we're still waiting for them to be delivered!! I was going to say something the next day but hubby said not to worry about it we'd use the paper coffee cups in the room and took some plastic silverware from a restaurant, problem solved but cost them a star in their rating. Would I go back YES!
Tip: DO NOT walk to Los Olas Boulevard shopping area, too far take a taxi or water taxi. The sun trolly we called the Wish Trolly because you had to Wish they'd stop for you while waving them down, practically had to jump in front of the trolly to get it to stop, numerous accounts of them turning their head and driving right by us. Out of our entire stay we actually made it on the trolly 3 times with the last one us jumping up and down like kids waving trying to get it to stop. Do not count on the sun trolly as transportation!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, great view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for the review, the great recommendation, and your loyalty to Hilton! We are pleased that your Resort experience was enjoyable and comfortable, and that our entire team provided personalized service during your stay. I will share your comments with all departments to ensure proper procedures are being practiced, and do apologize for the issues described. We hope we have a chance to host your stay again in the near future. If I can assist with reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at 954-414-2602. Regards,
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I can't speak for others but here is my experience the month of September 2013.

Negatives: Parking- public parking are limited to this hotel, so your best option is to valet park which is $30+ a day.

Also depends on the time of the day, room service may take up to 30mins to a hour.

if you want to go the beach next to the hotel and use their towels, chairs, and umbrellas, expect to pay a fee.

My first night at this hotel which was on the 9th floor was not good, i had to move to another room due roaches in the room, YES, ROACHES!

The second room they moved me to which was on the 14th floor was worst, the carpet had stain marks, the dresser table was in bad shape, the toilet was running, the door handle on the sliding door was broken, the smoke detectors were playing music every 5 mins (i assume they were testing them). After complaining, they moved me again to another room which was on the 20th floor. this room was a lot better! and yes dont be alarm the toilet water is slightly yellow in each room. also hot water at times were not always hot.

also depends on the time of the day, there may be a line to check in.

i eventually checked out saturday and returned back again on sunday night for a one night stay. the room they gave me was ok, the only issue with this room was one of the sink faucets were not working at all.

Postives: love the balcony -oceanview/ refridgerator, cable tv, comfortable bed, cold a/c, coffee maker, next to the beach, walking distance to local areas,valet clerks, baggage clerks, front desk clerks are friendly and helpful.

The bottom line for the this hotel, expect to spend some money because this hotel is not cheap. Even though my experience started off bad, I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your review and feedback. I am pleased that our team was helpful and friendly, but do apologize for the issues with your accommodations; we are currently in the process of renovating rooms. I was glad to read that you would stay here again, but would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. At your convenience, I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Thank you, Andreas

Been to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort? Share your experiences!