“Great for families!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

You added Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   505 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great for families!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Location is good right across A1A from the beach. Although it is a bit North of the real hustle and bustle of the night life which is around the intersection of Las Olas Blvd. and A1A. It is only a 10 minute walk though and in some respects it was nice to be away from all of that.

It is has a great layout for a family over 4 persons. Their connecting rooms are off a common private vestibule which was nice. Also the ability to have a full kitchen is always nice when traveling as a family for breakfast items, snacks and beverages.

Only disappointment was the coffee shop downstairs. The menu is great however the service and efficiency needs vast improvements. On two separate occasions orders were placed, lost, and then after 20 minutes retaken and then prepared. It shouldn't take 30+ minutes for sandwiches and pizzas in a quick-serve restaurant.

Room Tip: While they can claim all rooms are ocean view, the more-desirable are facing the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We appreciate your review; and I'm very happy to read that you and your family had a positive Resort experience. I have taken note of your comments on the service and efficiency of Le Marche, and will discuss your feedback with our team. I apologize for the delay. We hope you have a chance to stay with us in the near future. Warm regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (791)
  • Finnish first
clarkston, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Can't beat the location. Not overly luxurious but nice rooms and nice property. Pool located on 6th floor overlooking beach/ocean. Rooms not huge but comfortable. We had an ocean view room and had a great view of both the ocean and downtown fort lauderdale. Galleria Mall and Los Olas Blvd both short cab ride away. Many great restaurants to choose from. Our favorite was Casa Blanca 3 blocks away. Staff was awesome. Friendly with good service. Get down to the pool early to reserve a chair. food and beverage by the pool is pricey. we took a cab to Publix super market and stocked the fridge in the room. City rents chairs and umbrella on beach. would have cost us $60 for a day so we passed and spent most of the week by the pool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review with TripAdvisor; I am pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed time at our 6th Floor Pool, and that your Resort experience was enjoyable and comfortable. We hope to see you back soon!
Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We are in the midst of our 5 night stay. The location is great, and the views are now wonderful. The pool staff is very kind and so are the valets and bell staff.

I am a loyal Hilton honors member (gold) so I get free vouchers for breakfast in the market place, ( GREAT perk!) and free wifi that barely works. Beyond that, status means nothing to management. I travel a lot for work, and could care less about my room type or location when I crash into a hotel after a long day, but this is our VACATION, and I want what I paid for.

Management and the front desk needs to get their act together. We arrived at 2:45 for a 3 pm check in and they could not get us in a room. We chose to wait. They wanted us to check our bags and call us when the room was ready. no thanks. We were in cold weather clothes, and the bell staff had 4-5 carts already loaded down waiting to be delivered and we did not want to wait another hour for our bags to be delivered. There was a line of 15 families waiting at the front desk about 3. I was there for over 45 minutes and never saw the manager leave the office, but finally another person came out to assist the 2 at check in. The valet/ bell staff stepped in and started handing out water bottles. that was nice. I realized nothing was going to happen without me prompting them, and went back up to the desk at 3:30 and they finally found a room. We were tired from traveling, so we gratefully accepted it even though it was on a low floor.

We prepaid for a 1 bedroom king suite with a full kitchen, and we walked in and realized it was a very small room without a full kitchen/ counter but a mini Kitchenette in the hallway wall. We had dinner reservations with family and needed to run, but after we got back from dinner I noticed the room map of our floor, and our was one of the smallest rooms! There was a huge part of the room cut out for housekeeping or something. Even the balcony was much smaller, and my 6 year old found a glass stuffed with cigarette butts on the balcony! yuck. I got online and saw the pictures of what we reserved. It was a full size kitchen, and while I understand hotels put the best pictures up of each room category, even the description said " full size refrigerator and full size kitchen."

We are here for 6 days with 2 kids, and so I called down to change rooms, and they had none available. They said they did the next day and would call me. The next day I had to call 2 times, and go to the manager and finally got a new room about 2:30. No apologies, just a curt "Your room is ready." The manager i finally spoke to face to face after he was not available to take a call was not very sympathetic or apologetic. Obviously, they are very understaffed or disorganized when it comes to getting rooms ready. I have seen it in the lobby every day, and a prior reviewer had the same issue.

Now we are in a room like we reserved. It is high up, with a great view, an extra half bath, and now we are very happy.

You need to get to the pool by 8 am to get a decent set of chairs together. It is crazy packed by 10 am. People next to us saved seats and left for 3 hours, which is frustrating for many folks I saw who wanted a chair for just an hour or so. When we left the pool at lunchtime they were out of towels for the people taking our seats.

No beach area just for Hilton guests. We just sat on towels since we were not staying that long. Would probably spend 40 for 2 chairs\ umbrella if we were there longer.

Also, the pool food service is great, but the restaurant dinner service was so slow, and it was empty. Also, I asked about the 2 soups he would recommend and the waiter said he never had either, as he only eats "clear" soup. Um, okay? I chose neither. He then told us our meal was delayed because my son's kid size 4 ounce filet was being cooked medium well. Right.

I emailed the concierge 2 x before our visit. Neve got a response back from the one I sent in January after we booked the hotel. Sent again 2 weeks ago about an Easter dinner rec, and all he replied was that there was an Easter brunch. He obviously hardly read my email since I wanted a dinner place, and he ignored my question about family friendly activities that was in both emails.

In summary, the staff who probably makes the least is the friendliest and kindest. We are making sure we compensate them for going that extra step.

We have family in west palm, so we like coming to Ft. lauderdale for spring break. Therefore, tonight we are going to check out the W and Westin that are next door as I have elite status with starwood properties, and that might be next year's choice.

Room Tip: It does not matter what you want. You are the mercy of the front desk.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for the review; I apologize for the issues experienced. We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton, as an Honors Member; and understanding you are still staying at our Resort, I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. At your convenience, I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Thank you.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed at The Hilton Beach Resort hotel 3/26-3/28 a little getaway from work and cold weather. Was able to check in an hour earlier, which is a big plus, room was very clean, very nice stuff starting from the valet who greeted me with a smile. Pool was very nice and enjoyed the sun deck as well. My favorite "pool guy" was Manolo !!! Always smiling and very fun to talk to! :) overall great experience besides; elevators very slow, $15/night additional charge for Internet if you want to use it in your room ( not worth it, heard from one guy is very slow, decided not to get it), booked ocean view and found out at the hotel that ocean view is not ocean front!!?? Very confused about that. They should call it partial ocean/city view instead.

Room Tip: When your looking for a room with ocean view please make sure to double check its ocean front not oc...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate your comments; and pleased to read that your Resort experience was enjoyable and comfortable. I will pass along your review to our entire team; sharing your feedback, and ensuring that Manolo receives the recogntion he deserves. We look forward to your next visit. If I can assist with reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 954-414-2602. Thank you.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here a few weeks ago with my 4&5 year old sons. Great location, cross street to beach (very easy), rooms were very clean, pool very nice, but gets crowded early! The staff here is exceptional and other hotels should follow they're lead. The valet Brandon remembered us every day and was very nice to our boys. The hotel Director of Operations (Tomas) stopped my son in the lobby, wished him a happy birthday, and gave him his card for a free ice cream. It was something small but noticed! Our server at breakfast remembered our drinks everyday and were very attentive. Only small negative was our rooms weren't cleaned until after 5pm 2 days and it was hard to get ready for dinner when room hadn't been serviced. Overall great experience and we would return if in ft. Lauderdale again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I couldn't be more pleased to read "Exceptional service'! It sounds like our team went above and beyond to create a Resort experience that was enjoyable and memorable. I will ensure that Brandon and Tamas receive the recognition they deserve. We look forward to your return in the near future. Thank you.
sirrobertflashard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Paid a little more than usual for a 1 bedroom oceanfront king suite and wow was it worth it .

There is no nicer feeling than seeing your wife and children so happy with the room .

Large Lounge with dual aspect view out to sea and down the beach , full kitchen , massive ensuite bathroom with great view .
Separate bathroom with huge shower .

Didn't take breakfast at $30 per head , used cafe in hotel bagel for $4.50 and Starbucks coffee $4

You have to call reception for kitchen equipment , which is no issue and is a hygiene thing so that pâtés etc don't sit in the cupboards gathering dust

Room had cafe machine with coffee (pods ) hair dryer etc

Pool areas great , towels given to you and you are usually taken to the beds by staff at the pool .

As mentioned by others as the hotel pool is on the east side , at least half of the pool area is in shade by 2-3 pm , the south and west side do have plenty of beds though

During the day their is a pool terrace menu with , many sandwiches , wings , burgers , chicken etc , the serving staff are very good and are always wandering around pool ready serve lunch or the obligatory cold beer .

We never ate in the main ilios restaurant , but were within a 10 minute walk of many options on the beach .

The water taxi is great and you get a tour with it , albeit is quite pricey at $60 for a family of 4

The trolley which stops right outside the hotel is heavily subsidised and at .50cent per trip is great value

The beach opposite is fantastic and towels are available at the valet stand . We never used the beds or umbrellas on the beach

We were on the 10th floor and were oceanfront . On the east end of the hotel there are two oceanfront rooms per floor with dual aspect , we were on the north side which meant that we had no sun post 2 pm , good tip would be to ask for an oceanfront room on the south side . This is being a little picky as the views are stunning regardless

Room Tip: Get a oceanfront room that wraps around the south side of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your candid comments about your recent stay; I'm very pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your experience at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. We hope to see you back soon. Regards.
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family of 5 stayed at the Hilton for a week in a 2 bedroom ocean front suite. Upon arrival there was an issue with our room. Hotel managers Tina and Kim promptly resolved to our satisfaction. The reviews I read prior to selecting the Hilton were spot on. Great location, beautiful hotel, top notch service. Hotel was filled to capacity but staff did a wonderful job with service and made us feel special. You can't go wrong staying here. Looking forward to visiting again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We appreciate your review; and always pleased to read "Highly Recommended". I will ensure that Kym an Tina receive the recognition they deserve for handling your room issue promptly, and to your satisfaction. We hope to see you, and your family back soon. Regards.

Been to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort? Share your experiences!