“We always stay here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   505 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $149
Ranked #12 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“We always stay here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is at least the sixth time we have stayed at this hotel - we try to get to Ft. Lauderdale twice a year. We love the Jr King Suites because the night owl/early riser in the family (me) can stay up late or get up early and sit in the living area without disturbing the sleeper (husband) in the family. The oceanview balconies also give a view of the Intracoastal so it's like a two for one. We are across A1A from the beach. The staff is uniformly friendly, esp. the valet parkers (the parking charge is our only complaint - $32 per night plus tax). The bathrooms with their terrific showers and deep jetted tub are also great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We appreciate the comments on TripAdvisor, and certainly appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort! Hope to see you back again soon; thank you.

2,498 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

My friends and i (6 of us) stayed in this hotel before our cruise.We wish we had a longer stay as it was fantastic.The staff were so nice and helful.Each staff member we dealt with were so helful.The hotel was spotless and so modern.we had a brilliant suite,2 double beds with ensuite bathrooms,kitchen,2 bathroom with amazing showers, a balcony outside one bedroom and another balcony going around our room and the kitchen,one of the baths was a jazzcui and the couch turned into another double bed.The beach was across the road which was beautiful.I couldnt recommend this hotel enough.10 out 10 the view at night was outstanding as we were on the 23rd floor.Each one of us enjoy our stay and as i said before staff were amazing.There was lots of shops near nearby and easy to walk to and a fantastic mall within a 20 minute walk called the galleria.Lovely resturants nearby aswell and we did the Duck Tour which was fun..Would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We are pleased that your Resort experience was positive; and hopefully next time you can stay longer. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope the cruise was enjoyable too! Thank you.
Granger, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stay at this hotel every year for a week with our family. We usually love it and did this time as well, but we did experience some small issues that we have not had before. Overall, it's still a great hotel and the staff is great. The room are huge and clean. Nicely decorated. The kitchens have full size refrigerators and freezers along with dishwashers, ovens and microwaves, all of which are in good working order and very clean. The pool is great for families and they are very helpful at finding seats and offering pool toys to the kids. Service at the pool is also great for food and drinks. The beach is directly across the street and it's no problem crossing at the light with kids. The bell staff will give you sand toys for the kids as well. The chairs and umbrellas at the beach are pricey, but this is not the Hilton but an independent group that controls this. This end of the beach is usually not crowded compared to further up by the Ritz which is nice. We had a 2 bedroom ocean view suite. These are all located on the very west end of the building. The wrap around balconies are huge and you can see both the ocean and the intercoastal which is great at night. The rooms on south side face the Westin while the rooms on the north side face a small two story hotel and then then the Atlantic hotel. View is slightly better on the north side because the Westin blocks the view somewhat on the north, but you can definitely still see the ocean. We had a problem with housekeeping a couple of times, but because we have small kids who nap, we wanted them to come in a specific windows and this didn't usually happen, even with repeated phone calls. One day they ran out of hand towels. We asked for them in the afternoon and they said they were all out but they should be able to bring some up later that night. When we asked for them later, they said they were still out but would have some tomorrow. It seemed odd. The wireless internet in the rooms is not strong enough to do anything on the internt on the computer or Ipad which was annoying. None of the computers or Ipads we had could get a strong enough signal to stay connected. Also the cable kept going out during our stay. All our room keys deactivated twice and a third time security came to the room to change keys so there seems to be some issues there as well. This obviously happens sometimes but it becomes more of an issue when you have small kids coming back from the pool and none of the keys work. On previous visits, they have always given us soap for the dishwasher and we've had access to the washer and dryers in the rooms but not this time (washer and dryer is in a locked closet). You can use the dishwasher but have to buy soap which is available downstairs or down the street at CVS. No washer and dryers is an issue for familes and it would be nice if they would install some coin ones if they won't let you use the ones in rooms anymore. We did have to use the Hilton laundry service to launder one toddler sleep pajama and 1 diaper changing sheet which came to $41 so it's very expensive. Valet parking is pricey, but that's just part of staying at a nice hotel on the beach. The bathrooms are huge and the bathtubs are also huge. The beds are very comfortable. The breakfast buffet is very well stocked with lots of good options. The market downstaris has good pastries, cereal and a full service Starbucks along with all sorts of snacks and drinks. While we did have some minor problems, management did step in to resolve them and overall, I can't really say enough good things about the people- from the bell staff to room service to pool staff- they really treat you well. This really is a great hotel and while we had some annoyances, we'll probably be back next year.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side face the Westin while rooms on the north side face a small two story hotel...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate your comments and thank you for you continued loyalty. My apologies for the issues experienced; I have shared this review with our Housekeeping team and Engineering team to ensure that our service standards are being followed. If I can assist with future reservations, please feel free to reach out directly to 954-414-2602. Thank you, Andreas.
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have traveled throughout the world and this is one of the best hotels and one of the best Hiltons. The hotel is ideally situated with a gorgeous pool area on the 6th floor overlooking the beach. The rooms are clean, modern and offer fantastic views. (Request a south facing ocean view on a high floor. Our requests have always been accommodated). This hotel’s greatest asset, by far, is the staff and their level of service. From the bellmen, to management their customer service is exemplary (particularly manager, Tamas Vago). The guys out by the pool are wonderful too. Happy to find you the right sun loungers and bring fresh towels and bottled water all day long. This is the ONLY hotel we will stay in when in Ft. Lauderdale and we highly recommend it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor; we are pleased to hear that we are 'the only place to stay in Fort Lauderdale'. I will ensure that we recognize the Team Members mentioned, and hope we have an opportunity to host your stay again in the near future. We appreciate all the wonderful words and the great recommendation!
Fountain Hills, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Once again I had to come back to my favorite hotel in Fort Lauderdale and I had a fabulous stay as always! The hotel is right across the street from the beautiful beach and I feel so comfortable when I come that I never even consider staying anywhere else. They have the most relaxing beds and the bathrooms have a separate shower and tub with top of the line toiletries as well. Some of the staff remembered me as well when I checked in as being a big "Miami Heat" fan which I thought was great!

I had to take advantage of the pool area on the 6th floor with its two huge jacuzzis which I really enjoyed after lounging at the beach and the view that you get from there is fantastic! There is also a great shopping mall about a mile and a half away which has a few good restaurants I would recommend.

All in all another great stay here and I can't wait to return early next year!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
We are pleased you had 'Another Great Stay!" We appreciate your loyalty to our Resort, and the Miami Heat, and I will share your kind comments with our entire Team. I look forward to your next visit in the near future. Thanks again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I will start by saying I was absolutely impressed with how the staff at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort handled the following problem. We were on our way to the resort when I discovered my confirmation dates were wrong. I immediately called from the cab in a panic. At first we were told all rooms were sold out. I asked if they could refer us to another hotel and the front desk transferred me to Mya in reservations. After explaining to Mya what had happened she not only found us a room but a suite with an ocean view. Because we had to wait for the suite to be cleaned they gave us a $50.00 voucher to one of their restaurants. The food was excellent. Restaurant was the Ilios on the 6th floor. A very special thank you to the staff at the desk on 11/17, to Mya for taking care of the old reservation and giving us credit as well as finding us the wonderful suite, Leo our server at Ilios and to Richard Hess the restaurant manager who made sure the food, service and experience was first class. Michael and I were not only appreciative for all you did for us but we enjoyed and appreciated your enthusiasm in your work and place of employment. Your smiles and energy were evidence you each enjoyed what you do as well as where you worked. We will stay at other Hilton's for sure. We thank you for making this crisis a positive experience as we were on our way to join friends to help them celebrate their 50th Anniversary on the Ruby Princess.
Michael and Deborah Papaioanu. Gainesville, Georgia

Stayed November 2012
Thank you for posting a review. I am very pleased to hear that Mya was able to assist in securing your reservation; I will certainly recognize her for her efforts and efficiency, as well as the other Team Members mentioned. We look forward to your next visit and another opportunity to ensure you have an enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable Resort experience.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Had a wonderful 4 night stay at this property. Booked a King Oceanview suite with Honors points which was some deal! I was not upgraded upon arrival as is normal for a Hilton Diamond member but I was moved to a suite on the 23rd floor, still a nice gesture!

Suites at this property have a full kitchen, half bath, living room with balcony connected to the bedroom and a huge bathroom with walk in shower, whirlpool tub, walk in closet and dual sinks. The views from both balconies are awesome and feature views of the city and the ocean/beach.

I had breakfast vouchers and the breakfast was amazing. Fresh made omelettes and pastries were my favorite. You can dine inside or out.

Pool area was great and Won brought us towels and water. His service daily was amazing. Amy brought us drinks and snacks and I will point out they were well priced! Pool service was great and the area afforded great views of the beach below. There were two whirlpools as well.

The beach is just across the street and was just beautiful.

Staff and hotel are perfect, well worth a visit to the area. Cannot wait to come back from my 4th stay!

Room Tip: Highest floor gets you the best view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate that you took the time to write a review, and we certainly appreciate your loyalty as a Hilton Diamond member. I am very pleased to hear that our team provided you with the kind of service you should expect from our Resort. I will recognize Amy and Won and share your comments with all departments. We anticipate your next stay; and should you require any assistance with reservations, please feel free to call me at 954-414-2602. Thank you!

Been to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort? Share your experiences!