We were heading out on a cruise and needed a place to stay for two nights beforehand. We picked this place because it is our style - small, family-owned, and good value. The Trip Advisor reviews were good, so we gave it a chance. We arrived very late (1 AM) after a late flight and sure enough, the keys were where the owner said they would be, no problem that the office was closed. We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite, it had plenty of room for my wife and I and two kids. The location was great, especially for the price. Two block to the beach and not much farther to several good restaurants, a small store, and everything else we were looking for. The style is a little older, nothing fancy, but very clean, functional, and comfortable. The kids loved the pool. I would definitely consider staying here again if we come back to Ft. Lauderdale. One word of caution - the taxi driver from the airport did not know where it was. Between having the address and GPS on my phone, I got us there, no thanks to the driver.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vistamar Villa offers friendly, tranquil accommodation situated two & a half blocks from the beach. It is set in tropical flora and backs on to historic Bonnet House. Please don't mistake us for the Ritz or the Trump. We are a period hotel providing a clean, spacious and comfortable environment. Our suites are over 600 sq. ft. with free wireless internet, a heated pool, barbeque and guest laundry facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Vistamar Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vistamar Villa Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Vistamar Hotel Fort Lauderdale