“Home away from Home!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Toronto
“Home away from Home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have been to Vistamar Villa before, so I was very pleasantly surprised to see that my room had been recently renovated. The renovations were tastefully done and have maintained a clean, modern appearance to what has always been a classy Motel.

As usual the rooms, kept in immaculate condition, as I have come to expect here, and my stay was quiet, relaxing and I was at the beach in a 2 minute walk.

I plan to stay at Vistamar Villa for all of my future visits to the Fort Lauderdale area, as nothing compares for the price, quality, and relaxed atmosphere.

I highly recommend this motel to anyone looking for an affordable, clean, place to stay, a stone's throw from the beach.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We spent two nights in an upstairs corner suite where we were comfortable and had a relaxing stay. Though we did not use the kitchenette facility, it is a nice feature. The unit was clean and serviced daily. The location was well suited for our needs so we will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mississauga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I recently visited Vistamar Villa for business and I was very impressed with the quiet, family friendly atmosphere. The rooms were extremely well kept and the warm family feel made my stay very memorable.
Walking distance from the beach and close to numerous restaurants...I would definitely come back and stay at the Vistamar again.

Room Tip: I recommend any of the rooms in the upper level overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Traveling from Orlando, I had business in Miami so, rather than stay overnight in the big city, I decided to look on Trip Advisor for a good value place to stay in Fort Lauderdale. The plan worked well. Vistamar is in a quiet area not far from the beach. It was clean, quiet and organised. As icing on the cake, I was upgraded to a suite as the room I booked was being worked on. Vistamar is not a characterless Holiday Inn type experience, it is more traditional, small and personal but the management is smart and efficient and responsive to guests' needs. I am happy to support all the favorable reviews on this facility.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

If your looking for a relaxing place to stay that is within easy walking distance to the beach and the local scene, then look no further. The property has about 15 units that are modest in size and price. We really enjoyed the private tables outside each unit and the private pool area was quite inviting. The staff was more than helpful on several occasions. When we were there, it looks like 3 rooms were being renovated with new AC's and fixtures. Honestly, I must have checked 2 dozen hotels online before booking a room at the Vistamar and with my "OCD" I had to look up a few of the other contenders while we were driving around the area. I'm glad to say that my decision to go with this property was the absolute correct one and I WILL return soon!

Room Tip: The view of the pool is better from the upper level.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Newark, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights based on the reviews. It is a modest beachy motel about 3 blocks to the beach. The rooms were dated and it was very loud when we were there. We asked for a recommendation for dinner and I believe it was the owners son that had really no clue.They had a coffee pot and although she made it when we asked, it was very strong and we were not able to drink it. The cleanliness was average, could have been cleaned better, we had dead bugs in the window sill and sink. It was good for the money but did not live up to the hype.

Room Tip: I would probably have chosen a room on the second floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Venice, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is an older property convenient to the airport and very close to the beach. It was clean, comfortable, quiet and reasonably priced. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The rooms are dated and there is a "relaxed" air to the courtyard (i.e. not manicured, but with pleasant character) and it worked just fine for us. We loved the vintage neon on other hotels in the neighborhood.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vistamar Villa? Share your experiences!