“I will be back!!! Close to everything, comfortable beds, gracious host!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of America's Best Inn Ft. Lauderdale - South

You added America's Best Inn Ft. Lauderdale - South to your Saves list
America's Best Inn Ft. Lauderdale - South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3001 SE 6th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly "Carolina Court Motel")   |
Ranked #93 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Kennesaw, Georgia
“I will be back!!! Close to everything, comfortable beds, gracious host!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

I travel very often and was very weary when I booked this motel but the reviews made me give it a chance. The America's Best Inn - Fort Lauderdale Airport is a one of the best motels I have stayed in. My daughter and I arrived at 1030pm and were greeted with a smile and 2 bottles of water (which we needed) and a helping hand to move our luggage if needed. We stayed in the efficiency and it was very nice, everything looked brand new. The kitchenette was separate from the bedroom area and had a microwave, fridge, table with 2 stools and counterspace/sink with a coffee maker. The carpet was very clean (maybe Berber) the room smelled great, the bed was comfy, no old dark bedspreads here, and it even had an actual closet, an ironing board, brand new a/c, and a workspace desk with free Wi-Fi that never quit. The fountain in the courtyard is so quaint and although I did not have time to go to the pool, it looked very well maintained and the owners were awesome and genuinely care about their guest and the motel appearance. The breakfast is light but a good assortment, muffins, danish, fruit, cereal, juice, milk, coffee. I am a very picky person and I could not find anything wrong with this motel. I had a rental car and the location was perfect we were 20-25 mins from Miami, very close to the beach and 5 min from the airport. The America's Best Inn has made me a guest for life-if you are looking for a great place to sleep, good location, and sincere service and can do without the high prices for a health club, valet parking and room service then this is the place. As I stated before, we will be back!!

• Liked — The accomodations, location and owners were AWESOME!!
  • Disliked — I had to leave :(
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

We were locked in to stay one night because by the time we got there it was too late to cancel (needed 24hrs because I booked on the internet - now I know why). There was a frog in our room when we got there and the room wasn't even ready. This hotel room made us want to keep our shoes on and not even use the bathroom in the room. I wouldn't recommend this to even my ex-husband-although he may have stayed there a time or two. Very disappointing choice because the photos made it look like a great place to stay.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — No Shuttle Service/Construction in area
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

I stay in Fort Lauderdale often and the buget hotels scare me. This Hotel is near everything with easy Hwy access. the hotel is clean with a great bed, and a free beer at check in. Only 5 Min to the Airport or Port Everglades.....don't pay more for less stay here...the Picture on the heading is not correct...

• Liked — clean w/ nice bed
  • Disliked — Small lobby
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2008

I had a friend find an inexpensive hotel I could stay two nights at while in Fort Lauderdale for an interview. At first impression, I was curious what my stay would be like. Immediately, I started to see that my stay in Fort Lauderdale would be a memorable one. This is certianly one of the best places I have ever stayed. The service was impressionable. The frienliness made me feel like I was visiting with family. Horaaay, to one of Americas best small family establisments. Americas Best Inn certianly delivers family friendly service that the big establishments can not deliver. When it came time to decide to take the Fort Lauderdale position, I factored in the local hospitality, it was an easy choice. America's Best Inn is my choice for the best Fort Lauderdale, Florida hotel value.

• Liked — The service and accommodation
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2008

This hotel was the closest to the airport and most affordable for a short night. Still expensive for a motel, but the stay was OK. The bed was clean and comfortable enough, the fridge was quiet, and the free internet connection was a nice surprise!The bathroom was small, dated and not perfectly clean along the walls, but supplied with ample clean towels. The room was somewhat noisy. Overall, OK.
Very bad and unfriendly cab service (Yellow) both in the evening and at 4:30 am.

• Stayed February 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this motel/hotel/inn the day before and the day after our cruise to the caribbean. We were delighted at how sweet the owners were. We had an issue and needed to be let into our room earlier than check in time and they had no problem letting us in, which really helped us out.

It was three minutes from the cruise port and three minutes from diners. If you're looking for luxury, don't stay here, but if you're going on a cruise, this place will bring you back to a sweet reality. It's a good price for a room and they had a couple of cool pictures on the walls of the rooms we stayed in.

The next time we go on a cruise, we're going to stay here.

• Liked — Affordability and closeness to the port.
  • Disliked — the rooms were kind of small, but not a problem.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2007

Worst experience ever, the rooms with very strong odor, the breakfast had no coffee or juice, only tea, two apples and one orange, dont go there please

Stayed October 2007

Been to America's Best Inn Ft. Lauderdale - South? Share your experiences!