This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. The first was well beyond our expectations. the second visit was not near as good. Their shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise port was great. Staff were generally very pleasant.
Our room this time around had severe issues with the air conditioner. Simply put it did not produce cool air in 85 degree weather plus. When reported to the front desk we were told that it would be looked into (at end of our visit) but we did not get the impression from the desk personnel that this would really happen.
Our biggest concern is two fold. The computer system was down during our entire stay and everything was recorded on paper and then manually inputted. When we returned home and received our credit card statement we have been double charged for our stay. When I contacted the hotel directly we were told that "Diego" (finance manager) had to take care of this issue. We were told he would not be back for 3 days. I called back and eventually got to his voice mail and left him a long description of the problem including our invoice number. I asked him to return my call. Diego, a week later, has never returned my call. The issue is now in the hands of our credit card company and they report that they have not received any documentation from him either.
We really have enjoyed this hotel up until this happened to us. We referred good friends or ours to this hotel and they had a poor experience with a moldy bathroom. Don't know if I would stay here again with cruising from Fort Lauderdale. I only really am asking for our bill to be straightened out and don't understand why the hotel has never called us back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel near Port Everglades Cruise Port & Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL). Your Stay Includes Free Breakfast and High Speed Wi-Fi Internet with On-site Family Restaurant, Bar & Grill. We also Offer Park & Cruise Fly and Day Stay Packages with Free Shuttle. We offer tours and transportation to the world-famous Sawgrass Mills mall, Fort Lauderdale beaches, Hollywood beaches, Everglades Tours, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Sun Life Stadium; home of the Miami Dolphins; and Las Olas Riverfront featuring a variety of restaurants, boutiques, bars and entertainment. The hotel features renovated rooms and beautiful gardens and landscaping. This Fort Lauderdale, FL hotel offers shuttle service to and from the following locations: Free shuttle to and from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL). Free shuttle to and from Port Everglades Cruise Port, early pre-board availableo We also can arrange for private shuttles for family and early boarding at the cruise port. Free shuttle to and from Broward Convention Center. Shuttle service to and from Miami Cruise Ports (charge). Shuttle service to and from Miami International Airport (MIA) (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn And Suites Airport/Cruise Port
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Airport/Cruise Port Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Rodeway Inn Hotel Airport
- Rodeway Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Rodeway Inn