“Fantastic Front Desk Staff-Excellent value-Joined their rewards program” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port

You added Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2440 West State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #69 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Wailuku, Hawaii
“Fantastic Front Desk Staff-Excellent value-Joined their rewards program”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I recently stayed at your resort the night of 19 March 2015 - Rodeway Inn and Suites Airport/Cruise Port, Fort Lauderdale. (Booked through AAA)
After checking out on 20 March, we left for several days in USVI and BVI. At the airport prior to boarding our flight, we remembered that we left some items in the refrigerator of our suite (I believe it was 4105 - a ground floor suite w/jacuzzi!)

I phoned the front desk and spoke with Chad Holness and explained what we left and where we left it. Chad informed me that he would check with housekeeping to see if the items had been recovered and he would call me back.

Within 15-20 minutes, Chad called to inform me that Housekeeping did indeed have our belongings.

Mind you it was not anything of value, just some items we'd like to have back in our possession if possible.

Chad indicated he would hold the items for our return to Fort Lauderdale in a week.

Upon our return to Fort Lauderdale on 26 March, I phoned the resort. No one seemed to know what I was talking about, so I drove to the Rodeway Inn to speak with someone at the Front desk...Mr. Chad Holness was not working at that time.

Upon my arrival at the front desk, I spoke with Ms. Kourtney Pratt and explained the situation. She said she would try to contact Mr. Holness and would contact me if she had any success.

I left the property. About 30 minutes later, Ms. Pratt phoned to say she had talked to Mr. Holness, located my belongings and they would be waiting for me.

I turned around and headed back to Rodeway and picked up my belongings.

At that time, Mr. Ryan Wise helped me as well.

I wanted to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU for the fantastic customer service that I received from your Front Desk employees: Mr. Chad Holness, Ms. Kourtney Pratt and Mr. Ryan Wise. They are all three exceptional and I do hope you will take this opportunity to place this letter in their personnel file and to share it with them...I told Kourtney I would write - and I have at last :-) .

In addition, prior to check out, I was so impressed with your facility, that I joined Choice Privileges and am now a member. I do hope to be able to visit you again if/when we return to Fort Lauderdale.

With sincere aloha,

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a jacuzzi - it's right next to your bed...mirror on the wall...what more can...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This property is a GREAT choice for pre or post cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. The pick-up at the airport is free--just be sure you CALL the property once you get there to get on the pick-up list. (Many people just go out to the curbside waiting area and aren't on the list--GET ON THE LIST!!!) This property is almost fully dedicated to pre or post cruisers and is VERY busy. The property is a bit older with all outside rooms but all the rooms have been recently remodel--from what I could tell--ours was. The room is very basic but also includes a refrig and microwave. Our room was fresh, VERY clean and comfortable. It included all new bedding and the beds were very comfortable. It also included a breakfast in the am that was very busy but do-able! The property also has an attached bar/restaurant--we had a very good meal there the night before and the prices were reasonable. They also had a band playing and the drink prices were also reasonable. The property also has a small gift shop and an assortment of wines and booze for purchase also at decent (ie--not totally inflated) prices One note of caution--this property is 2 levels and there are NO elevators for the second level. Usually we travel light and for us that wouldn't be a problem--but for this visit we were going on a cruise and had larger suitcases that we would have had to take up a flight of stairs. We asked for and received a room on the lower level--that worked fine. Overall--if I were looking for a beach vacation property--this would not be my choice--but for a one or two night stay OR for before or after a cruise this place is a good choice at a reasonable price and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground level if you have problems with stairs or have heavy bags etc--there ar...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here before our cruise in April. The hotel seems to mainly obtain the majority of thier business from folks like us who stay overnight before thier cruise. The hotel is a good basic place to stay for this purpose. It is an older hotel but is maintained, clean and comfortable. The complimentary airport pick up is nice but had to wait 45 minutes for it to show up. Check in was slow but desk personnel was pleasant and apologetic. The hotel does not have any elevators! If you have a room on the second floor you must haul them up to your room. The complimentary breakfast buffet is pretty basic with juice, cereal, mini muffins,etc. Transport to the cruise ship is a cumbersome and a massive exit. We were asked to please be out of the room at a designated time and was greated by a overflowing lobby, parking lot, and entry way of eager elderly cruisers going on several different voyages. The manager did his best to keep a sense of humor by telling silly jokes over the loud speaker and getting us on to the designated shuttle an hour later. Here is the thing, it may be a 10 minute ride during non port days but it took us another 45 minutes to get to the dock! So please if you have any medical considerations insist that you bring those items with you on the shuttle.

Room Tip: If you have any phsyical disabilitlies please be sure to get a room on the bottom floor. .
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Much nicer than expected- I have stayed at other Rodeway inns this is one of the nicest. Convenient near the airport and cruiseport. I have my own car on my way to a cruise. Staff was nice - restaurant on site and many places to eat nearby. Tip Book in advance for better rate

Stayed April 2015
Dyer, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I took a cruise on Oasis of the Sea April 11. We booked Rodeway Inn because it had free shuttles to and from airport and to and from cruise port and free breakfast. We were not disappointed with the shuttle services. Antoine was wonderful. We booked 2 days pre-cruise and 4 days post cruise.
When we arrived at our hotel, our room was ready within an hour and we didn't have to pay for early check-in. The room was clean with comfortable beds and plenty of hot water.

The complimentary breakfast was great! Loved the big waffles. The girls who work the breakfast are great and keep the area super clean! Also, there is a beautiful patio area if you prefer to eat outside.
Izzy was wonderful even during the seemingly chaotic rush of cruise passengers. They are very organized with getting the cruisers to the port!. On our return from the cruise, we got upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite which had been recently remodeled. LOVED IT! The garden pool area was very well maintained with luscious plants, palm trees and flowers. Pool is heated and clean.
We ate at the restaurant that is on the premises (Marina 84) The grilled chicken and philly steak sandwiches were tasty and abundant. The service was great and the happy hour between 4-7 was appreciated.
The front desk staff was courteous and patient, especially John, Jonathan, Latoya, Carolina and the young lady who printed my directions to go to Bonita Springs :)
Rodeway Inn is not a fancy, luxurious 4 star hotel, but it is clean, friendly, efficient, and affordable! We will stay there again, pre-cruise and post-cruise.
Thank you Izzy and all your staff!

Room Tip: Choose a first floor room as there aren't any elevators. Ask about excursions from the front des...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Shawnee, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We had several hours to
Kill after cruise and before our late flight. Rodeway had day rooms available and they had complimentary shuttle from port and then to airport. Weekend day room are $59 versus $49 for weekday. I thought the price was a little steep but I really didn't want to spend all afternoon at airport. The room was clean and served the purpose. It is outdated but if you are only there for pre cruise or post cruise then probably not bad. There is no where to walk to so we ate at hotel. When we arrived after cruise the lobby was mad house as cruisers were waiting for shuttles. It seemed a bit disorganized but I wasn't a part of that so don't know how that worked.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My fiance and I stayed here the day we got off a cruise. I knew that the hotel had early check in for a fee, which is why I picked the hotel. We got to the hotel around 8:30am. When we went to the receptionist she said there would not be a room available till 10-11ish, which was fine. We waited in the lobby so she could see us, and let us know as soon as a room opened.

During this time the hotel got very busy, with more people coming in from off the ships to people leaving the hotel for a cruise. At one point I went to ask the receptionist if she had any updates and now told me the room would not be ready till 12pm.

As we were waiting people that came in after us were receiving rooms, but I was still told there was nothing. A little before 12pm I spoke to a different worker, and got a room. We were so happy until we got to the room, the door was already opened and the room had not been cleaned.

We had to wait inline again, to get a new room. Finally we had a room that had been cleaned.

The room itself was okay, but the door had a crack in between the door and the wall so ants were coming in.

I don't think we will be staying there again, spend the money somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port? Share your experiences!