“Convenient to airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port

You added Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2440 West State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #63 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Convenient to airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was an overnight stay before an early morning flight. The desk attendant was very friendly and helpful. The motel was very busy and is "dated". The room was clean, but could use an update. I ate in the restaurant on the property and the food was average. The best thing was being able to leave my car in the lot while I was gone and having a ride to the airport. Seems like a safe parking area.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Wakarusa, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Older motel, but rooms were clean. Looked like they're in the process of up-dating some of them. The courtyard between all of the buildings is a beautiful, tropical setting with a swimming pool. Pre-cruise stay with them was good. The free shuttle was a nice addition. Wait for airport pick up shuttle was about 45 minutes. The breakfast was nothing fancy, but adequate. We stayed at the very back of the facility, which was pretty quiet. We ate several times at Marina 84, their in-house bar & grill. Crazy busy, but our waitress, Chanda, was exceptional at handling the crowd. The menu was typical bar food, but was quite good. Everything is made to order and fresh!! The shuttles to the port were quite organized and went off without a hitch. Our post-cruise stay wasn't quite as good. We were told there was a 45 minute wait for pick-up at the port, which was o.k. Still no sign of them after an hour. After 3 phone calls, a promise of a return call that never happened and an hour and a half later, we gave up and called a cab. This time we stayed in the main building. It was noisy, so would suggest staying toward the back like we did pre-cruise. We found the customer service to be well above average on-site. The only thing that made me rate this as average and not very good was the post-cruise port to motel shuttle service. Even though the port was extremely busy that day, they need to be better prepared.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Monroe Twp, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

at first glance, this looked like an old motel with little to offer. They were really terrific about everything, the room was old but clean and well maintained;breakfast was good and very well managed. They even had gluten-free cereal for me. The transfer to the cruise port was just top notch, occurred without a hitch and I have no doubt that the return will be as well done.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Diego A, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port, responded to this review, 2 days ago
We are pleased to hear such positive comments from yet another happy guest. Thank you for making us feel that in the end, we have done our job. We work hard to make sure we provide great service at reasonable prices. Please, come see us again soon!
Ontario Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed at this Hotel 3 times & one more coming up in April. The price is right, rooms are adequate & clean. Breakfast has a good variety & the shuttle is a bonus. Very organized for departures & make sure everyone leaves on time.

Room Tip: We stay in a deluxe room which is on the ground floor
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I will preface this by saying I am not a motel type of girl by nature. Nor do I have 5-star expectations, however in the past I have stayed away from anything categorized as a motel. I know... stereotyping... shame on me.
My family and I were disembarking from our cruise at 9:00 am, but our flight did not leave until 7:00 pm. Everyone was exhausted from our trip and had no desire for another excursion or sitting at the airport for 10 hours.
Our concierge on the ship printed off information about Rodeway Inn's Day Pass. We ended up paying about $65 after taxes and fees.
I was very pleasantly surprised! The lobby was very bright and clean. The gift shop was fantastic! It had such quirky, cute little gift ideas. I have to give a shout-out to Cory (I think that was his name) who was working the gift shop. He was super friendly and hilarious. My 40-year old husband loved getting carded for his beer (yes they sell alcohol in the gift shop).
The room was very nice. It was apparent that it has been recently updated- fresh paint, granite countertops, safe, coffee machine and furniture/bedding that was still in excellent condition. Most importantly the bathroom was NOT gross! The shower was clean and it looked as if the bathroom had also been renovated.
They have an attached restaurant and bar. We ate there for lunch. The prices were reasonable and the food was good. My 10 and 7 year olds gave it a thumbs up.
They have a free shuttle to the airport. It was very convenient and only took about 10 minutes. The African-American gentleman (sorry I didn't catch his name) was uber friendly and extremely knowledgable about the area. He was giving us a driving tour of the area on the way to the airport that was very interesting.
I wouldn't really classify these as negatives, but thought I'd explain why I did not give the motel its 5th star. The motel's pool is just a standard rectangle-shaped pool. Nothing to write home about. Due to it being a motel we did find it a bit noisier, but this could have just been because we were trying to nap during the day. But you do hear a lot of slamming doors. Lastly, I will say the motel in general was very clean, but I found it strange that all the air conditioning units that stick out into the walkways had solo cups underneath catching dripping water. Not sure if this was due to the climate and condensation issues or if the units were just older.
Overall I'd highly recommend this, especially for a one-night stay or day pass. Not sure I'd stay here for an extended vacation unless I was just using it for sleeping purposes and not hanging out.

Stayed October 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

On a positive this facility provides free shuttle service from both the airport and cruise ports. They also provide a free breakfast. The rooms are very basic but clean and sufficient for short term stays. They only negative was when returning from the cruise port we had to wait several hours to be able to access our room or pay an additional fee for early access. It was raining which did not afford us the opportunity to spend time exploring the area.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Jakarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stay here for one night. At that time we were in a group of 6 adults and 1 children.
We arrive at night around 08.30 PM. And we almost missed the room. Probably because of the integration system between 3rd party online booking website and their hotel system.

The room was good, cleaned very well and the bed was good as well. We got a proper sleep after 24 hours plus flight from Indonesia, and full day trip in Miami.
All rooms in this hotel is a Non-Smoking room.

The great thing about this hotel is : they provide a free shuttle from/to FLL Airport and from/to Port Everglades. Since almost of the occupants (at least while we're staying) are heading for a cruise.

We were so lucky to find this hotel online, otherwise we might lost somewhere in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port? Share your experiences!