We stayed at the Rodeway twice in November. We did back to back cruises and stayed before and in between them. We were pleased with the experience. The buildings are not new, but they are maintained and clean. The pool was nice and we used the laundry between cruises.
We ate at the bar/restaurant once. It was fine. There are other places within a short drive. The second night we went to a nearby BBQ place that was good. At times traffic was heavy and navigating can be confusing the first time in the area especially the nearby interchange. The GPS was helpful. A shuttle is available.
The shuttle to and from the port was good. At check in, I was asked if I wanted the early shuttle. There was a slight fee for the early shuttle, but I would recommend it. On our return after the cruise, we saw the crowd waiting for the later free shuttle to the port. Izzy orchestrates the shuttle loading. Both weeks, he told us we would be on board for lunch and he was right. The early shuttle is worth the few bucks. After getting off the ship, we called and the wait wasn't long. I think it was less than 30-40 minutes both times.
The complimentary breakfast was typical of such breakfasts, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, danish and make your own waffles. It was good and more than enough to hold you until you hit the buffet on board.
The staff was friendly and helpful. I needed to sent a fax and there was no problem. They opened the shop when we needed something. I don't remember what it was now.
If you do the stay and park, your is right there in the hotel lot. Easy access after the shuttle brings you back. We got our bags, I got the car, we loaded and went on our way.
We thought it was a good value - hotel, breakfast, car parking for the week and round trip shuttle for what you could pay just for a hotel. If we drive to a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale again, we would definitely consider staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel near Port Everglades Cruise Port & Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL). Your Stay Includes Free Breakfast and High Speed Wi-Fi Internet with On-site Family Restaurant, Bar & Grill. We also Offer Park & Cruise Fly and Day Stay Packages with Free Shuttle. We offer tours and transportation to the world-famous Sawgrass Mills mall, Fort Lauderdale beaches, Hollywood beaches, Everglades Tours, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Sun Life Stadium; home of the Miami Dolphins; and Las Olas Riverfront featuring a variety of restaurants, boutiques, bars and entertainment. The hotel features renovated rooms and beautiful gardens and landscaping. This Fort Lauderdale, FL hotel offers shuttle service to and from the following locations: Free shuttle to and from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL). Free shuttle to and from Port Everglades Cruise Port, early pre-board availableo We also can arrange for private shuttles for family and early boarding at the cruise port. Free shuttle to and from Broward Convention Center. Shuttle service to and from Miami Cruise Ports (charge). Shuttle service to and from Miami International Airport (MIA) (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn And Suites Airport/Cruise Port
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Airport/Cruise Port Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Rodeway Inn Hotel Airport
- Rodeway Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Rodeway Inn