We just completed our wonderful cruise vacation out of FLL, and can't say enough about the Rodeway Inn for our Pre-cruise stay!
We tried for months on Priceline to get something in the downtown area. (without any luck) We are not "cheap", however, I think it's CRAZY to spend big bucks on a room that you utilize for 1 night. We got a rate around $50. with tax. (I failed to recognize that the National Championship game was happening in Miami later the next day.) They offer a shuttle from the airport - hotel - to cruiseport. This shuttle only runs until 10:00 pm. We were forewarned about this, and since we had an 11pm arrival, we took a cab. ($20. with tip)
Got to the motel, and the bar/ restaurant was hopping (on a Wed. night!) Checked in without any issues, and got the lowdown on the shuttle service to the cruiseport. They have a signup book at the front desk, for each different line. There were a BUNCH of people sailing Princess and Carnival signed up. There were only 2 couples for RCCL (lucky us!!!!)
The place is undergoing renovation, but nothing was out of line in our eyes. Some of the decor appeared old, but if you want an art gallery it is going to cost you elsewhere! Free wireless internet in the room! Beds were good to us, and we slept well.
Up the next morning, and off to the free breakfast...nothing special, but it filled the hole until we got to the ship!
Here is one of the secrets that we were unaware of: The hotel shuttle will drop you off at Walgreens or Winn Dixie on their morning airport run (about 9 am) This gives you about 20 minutes of shopping before it comes back for you! There are no shopping ammentiites in the area (unless you are looking to store a boat) Izzy (the hotel transportation director) makes announcements over a PA in the lobby as shuttles arrive and depart. If you have any questions, ask him! We shuttled to our ship on the 11 am with a group for the Carnival Miracle. The Port at FLL is odd having all of the ships scattered at various piers, but the shuttle had to pass them all. (We had eight ships in, and it was a busy place!)
Overall, we had a GREAT experience, and would not hesitate to stay there again! I'll deal with a few location inconveniences for less than 1/4 of the price of downtown/ Las Olas!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel near Port Everglades Cruise Port & Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL). Your Stay Includes Free Breakfast and High Speed Wi-Fi Internet with On-site Family Restaurant, Bar & Grill. We also Offer Park & Cruise Fly and Day Stay Packages with Free Shuttle. We offer tours and transportation to the world-famous Sawgrass Mills mall, Fort Lauderdale beaches, Hollywood beaches, Everglades Tours, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Sun Life Stadium; home of the Miami Dolphins; and Las Olas Riverfront featuring a variety of restaurants, boutiques, bars and entertainment. The hotel features renovated rooms and beautiful gardens and landscaping. This Fort Lauderdale, FL hotel offers shuttle service to and from the following locations: Free shuttle to and from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL). Free shuttle to and from Port Everglades Cruise Port, early pre-board availableo We also can arrange for private shuttles for family and early boarding at the cruise port. Free shuttle to and from Broward Convention Center. Shuttle service to and from Miami Cruise Ports (charge). Shuttle service to and from Miami International Airport (MIA) (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn And Suites Airport/Cruise Port
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Airport/Cruise Port Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Rodeway Inn Hotel Airport
- Rodeway Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Rodeway Inn