My wife and I are staying at the Roadway Inn prior to our Cruise - I guess the reality is -- its not the Hilton. The overall construction of the building and rooms looks to be a inexpensive makeover. I am in no way comparing the roadway inn to a Hilton so please don't read into this review as such. I would compare this hotel more to a Super 8 Motel. As aforementioned the renovations look to be completed in an inexpensive manner. I agree with some of the reviews the showers are much to be desired. The Air Conditioning is loud and the curtains do hang rather low. But nothing that would hinder a good sleep, unless of course you need absolute quiet which being by the airport probably wont happen. So think about the location too, the Airport is located on the opposite side of the freeway so you will hear plane activity.
The pool and courtyard area - very nice - groomed and welcoming. The location of the Inn is pretty close to the Shipping Ports and Airports and freeway so access to any of these services fairly easy. Breakfast? Well honestly we went down for the breakfast and there was nothing there that wowed me - Waffles seemed to be the heavy hitter - but I see a lot of other hotels with a bigger selection, not to mention the service are for the food was rather cramped and loads of people in and out so it appeared really disorganized to me, so we settled for coffee and out the door.
My wife and I were going to take the shuttle service to the Ship Ports but after hearing a lot of delays which could be from a number of different things so I wouldn't put that on the hotels concern list, We decided we would park the car at the Ship Yard. It costs about $15 a day but honestly I feel more comfortable with my car locked in a secure area rather than out in the open for anyone to do what they want for the week we are gone. I guess peace of mind prevails here. As far as the shuttle SERVICE goes - I cant rate what we didn't use. Only what I observed.
As for the costs - I think its a little expensive for the room quality and other amenities that are offered. The $149 + a night is just a tad bit over board for me - especially when there are other hotels / Inns etc.. willing to go the extra mile on little things like - Breakfast or amplifying the Wi-Fi - which worked sporadically during our two night stay. Then when we told the front desk we were not using the park and stay feature our bill went down $20. I mean really? $20... for an unsecure lot - which I might add is completely full and I don't think we would have an option to park anywhere anyway. But whatever, we will manage.
Overall on a scale of 1-10 (10 Being the best this is how We rate the Roadway Inn)
Pool = 8
Breakfast: = 4
Wi-Fi = 3
Bed Comfort = 8
Bathroom = 5
Overall Room = 8
Pricing = 1
Return = Probably Not
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel near port everglades cruise port & Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) Your Stay Includes Free Breakfast and High Speed Wi-Fi Internet with On-site Family Restaurant, Bar & Grill We also Offer Park & Cruise/Fly and Day Stay Packages with Free Shuttle. We offer tours and transportation to The world-famous Sawgrass Mills mall, Fort Lauderdale beaches, Hollywood beaches, Everglades Tours, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Sun Life Stadium; home of the Miami Dolphins; and Las Olas Riverfront featuring a variety of restaurants, boutiques, bars and entertainment, are also located nearby.Renovated rooms and beautiful gardens and landscaping.This Fort Lauderdale, FL hotel offers shuttle service to and from the following locations:• Free shuttle to and from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)• Free shuttle to and from Port Everglades Cruise Port, early pre-board availableo We also can arrange for private shuttles for family and early boarding at the cruise port.• Free shuttle to and from Broward Convention Center• Shuttle service to and from Miami Cruise Ports (charge)• Shuttle service to and from Miami International Airport (MIA) (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdlale Airport/Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn And Suites Airport/Cruise Port
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Airport/Cruise Port Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Rodeway Inn Hotel Airport
- Rodeway Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Rodeway Inn