We went to this hotel during the BCS Championship game so we had no intentions in spending a lot of time in the hotel. First impression - the front desk. 4 people - 1 girl on the phone - 1 girl rushing me through check in without so much as a hello and 2 others just standing around. I understand it was a crazy weekend. The room was just OK and pretty clean. The floors were ceramic tiled - no carpet. The bed was made up nicely - clean sheets but the mattress was a bit tired and not too comfortable. The bathroom was clean but a little mold around the caulking in the tub. The biggest issue with the room was the air conditioner - it was so loud it sounded like a helicopter landing every time it booted back on which it went on and off all night. Have TV remote in hand if you are trying to watch because you will need to turn it up and down the entire time!
Now the pros - the location. We were less than 2 miles from the FLL airport and although we were not cruising it wasn't much further to the cruise port. The hotel offered a shuttle to and from the cruise port which seemed to be pretty organized in the morning (i do not know if it was a fee for this service) We rented a car so it was pretty close for driving to restaurants. Now all the cruise announcements were on loudspeaker starting pretty early. We are early risers so this didn't bother us but it might bother other non cruisers that aren't so early risers. The hotel was also offering a shuttle to Sun Life stadium for a $25 RT fee. There was a breakfast that was OK - the usual waffles, cereal, bagels. The wi-fi connection was decent - free and we used it the entire time. 2nd night stay we came back to the room and the room key didn't work - went to the front desk to get it straightened out. Asked me my room number - repunched the keys and tossed them back on the counter without so much of a "sorry about that"! The guy (Izzy?)directing all the cruisers in the morning was very helpful and gave us a suggestion on the best beach and how to get there so that stepped up my service score a bit.
So this wasn't a top of the line place but for a quick stop over for a game or cruise - it was OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel near Port Everglades Cruise Port & Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL). Your Stay Includes Free Breakfast and High Speed Wi-Fi Internet with On-site Family Restaurant, Bar & Grill. We also Offer Park & Cruise Fly and Day Stay Packages with Free Shuttle. We offer tours and transportation to the world-famous Sawgrass Mills mall, Fort Lauderdale beaches, Hollywood beaches, Everglades Tours, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Sun Life Stadium; home of the Miami Dolphins; and Las Olas Riverfront featuring a variety of restaurants, boutiques, bars and entertainment. The hotel features renovated rooms and beautiful gardens and landscaping. This Fort Lauderdale, FL hotel offers shuttle service to and from the following locations: Free shuttle to and from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL). Free shuttle to and from Port Everglades Cruise Port, early pre-board availableo We also can arrange for private shuttles for family and early boarding at the cruise port. Free shuttle to and from Broward Convention Center. Shuttle service to and from Miami Cruise Ports (charge). Shuttle service to and from Miami International Airport (MIA) (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn And Suites Airport/Cruise Port
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Airport/Cruise Port Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Rodeway Inn Hotel Airport
- Rodeway Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Rodeway Inn