We arrived at 3:00 am on December 27th due to weather delay. We just wanted to get to sleep before catching our boat the next day. As we were checking in we informed the front desk that the Emerald Princess would not begin boarding people until 2:00 pm at the earliest due to a Norovirus Outbreak. What did the hotel do about this you ask? They let us stay in our rooms until 1:00 pm with no added cost... UNHEARD OF and an extremely pleasant surprise after getting in at 3:00 am. We got a bit of sleep however were woken up the the manager organizing cruise patrons on other boats over the loud speaker .... might want to turn that down a bit in the courtyard... was still a bit sleepy but by no means was I complaining. After having our free "continental" breakfast which was NOT continental as they had a make your own waffle bar (with extremely helpful employees making sure I didn't burn the place down), fresh fruit, juices, cereal and the all important coffee we went back to our room put our bathing suits on a started our vacation on their pool deck. At 1:00pm we checked out and got on the FREE shuttle to the cruise port. It is not free after 10:30 am however they made an exception for the Emerald Princess Guests just another sign of this hotel bending over backyards for their customers.
I would just like to say the management, staff, facilities and the whole experience about staying at this hotel far exceeds their star rating on websites. I paid 70$ for 1 night here and it felt like I should have paid 130$.
Cudos to you Rodeway Inn Fort Lauderdale... I will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel near port everglades cruise port & Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) Your Stay Includes Free Breakfast and High Speed Wi-Fi Internet with On-site Family Restaurant, Bar & Grill We also Offer Park & Cruise/Fly and Day Stay Packages with Free Shuttle. We offer tours and transportation to The world-famous Sawgrass Mills mall, Fort Lauderdale beaches, Hollywood beaches, Everglades Tours, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Sun Life Stadium; home of the Miami Dolphins; and Las Olas Riverfront featuring a variety of restaurants, boutiques, bars and entertainment, are also located nearby.Renovated rooms and beautiful gardens and landscaping.This Fort Lauderdale, FL hotel offers shuttle service to and from the following locations:• Free shuttle to and from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)• Free shuttle to and from Port Everglades Cruise Port, early pre-board availableo We also can arrange for private shuttles for family and early boarding at the cruise port.• Free shuttle to and from Broward Convention Center• Shuttle service to and from Miami Cruise Ports (charge)• Shuttle service to and from Miami International Airport (MIA) (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdlale Airport/Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn And Suites Airport/Cruise Port
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Airport/Cruise Port Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Rodeway Inn Hotel Airport
- Rodeway Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Rodeway Inn