We recently (10/13/12) stayed at this hotel and were extremely disappointed. Booked with Southwest Airlines for $53.00 a night before cruise. We were suppose to receive FREE SHUTTLE to and from airport and a FREE HOT BREAKFAST. No shuttle, ended up costing us an extra $68.00 r/t and they wanted to charge us $6.99 for our FREE hot breakfast. Staff was not helpful at all, both the night and morning desk clerks repeatedly lied to us and said the owner would be in shortly to take care of the misunderstandings. Room was old and dingy. Moldy in bathroom and textured walls peeling off. Strange room with long hallway and some large wooden box blocking part of hallway to room. I would not recommend to anyone. I was mislead by reviews before selecting this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort offers well appointed rooms within easy walking distance of the beaches. Relax in our large pool or, if you want to venture further, there are many fine restaurants and bars for your dining pleasure and entertainment within close proximity. We are conveniently located just 650 feet from one of the best stretches of beach in all of Florida. Our location is ideally located for vacationers and as a stopover for cruise passengers travelling through Port Everglades or Miami. There is much to discover beyond our beautiful beaches. Immerse yourself in the arts. Explore the many museums, from fine art to fishing, archaeology to Native American heritage, dinosaurs to outer space and a museum dedicated to the art of swimming. Just minutes from the beach is the Riverwalk Arts and Entertainment District in the heart of downtown Fort Lauderdale, home to cultural attractions, shops, parks, and restaurants. The area includes the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, the Museum of Discovery and Science with its Blockbuster 3D IMAX Theater, the Florida Grand Opera, Old Fort Lauderdale, Museum of Art, the Fort Lauderdale Film Festival, and Stranahan House. All are within walking distance of one another along brick lined Riverwalk, a meandering promenade that runs along the New River. The 22 block district includes chic Las Olas Boulevard and Las Olas Riverfront. Not only does Broadway come to Fort Lauderdale at the state of the art Broward Center for the Performing Arts along the New River in downtown Fort Lauderdales Riverwalk Arts and Science district, but more than 20 home grown theater companies perform year round. Greater Fort Lauderdale where the arts always shine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ft. Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort Hotel And Suites