“A very pleasant surprise..!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Aqua Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Aqua Hotel to your Saves list
The Aqua Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3016 Windamar St., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Formerly Angela's Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #7 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Scottsdale
“A very pleasant surprise..!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We arrived this afternoon at the Aqua Motel to be greeted by a very friendly and pleasant manager.., Maggie who welcomed my wife and I as if we had been friends..., a great start to a very enjoyable stay. The Aqua is one of the cleanest hotels we have found. It is 2 blocks off the beach and close to many of the Lauderdale attractions. We would highly recommend the Aqua Hotel, especially for couples looking for the best..!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at The Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
hgenekoch,
It's always nice to be pleasantly surprised isn't it? We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Aqua. Thanks for recommending this hotel, especially for couples. We are always happy to help create that romantic getaway that all couples deserve. Oh and once you meet Maggie, you really are family! So come back soon and visit your family:) Thanks so much for your review, NBV

512 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We choose this hotel for an overnight prior to taking a cruise, while a bit out of the way from where we needed to be, it was worth it. We were warmly welcomed by Maggie Martino, escorted to our suite, which was very comfortable and the pool was just below us. Maggie made us feel immediately at home. While they have no on-site restaurant, there are several within waling distance. We would definitely stay again and add a couple more nights. We can recommend it without reservation!!

Room Tip: Pick a room near the back pool away from the office area, they have two. We had the use of the one...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at The Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Kit E,
We hope that you had a wonderful time on your cruise and are happy that you were able to spend a little time with us at Aqua. As you mentioned, the location is great. Shops, restaurants and the ocean are all within walking distance! Thanks so much for your review and recommendation. Can't wait to see you again! Take care, NBV
Northen Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
Very clean and modern
Friendly staff
Close to beach
Multiple things to do...

Cons:
Pricey
Maybe too modern looking?

This place looks like 2013, as 2013 would be viewed in a 1960's science fiction movie. The decor is part beach theme, part white on white minimalist, part "what's on sale at Ikea". Pretty cool overall, though.

The staff was Uber friendly, so kudos for that. However, when I asked about a late check out since our cruise didn't board til 1:30 and check out was 11:00 am, I was told nope, but I could hang out by the pool with my luggage until time to go to the cruise. No thanks, but luckily the cruise ship boards early.

I might stay here again if I was staying for a week or so. But for just a place to flop for the night, this is not that place.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
JimboBauer,
We appreciate your feedback, thank you. The great thing about North Beach Village is that we have a hotel for every taste and budget. We truly do have something for everyone! Please give us a call next time you are in the area, and we would be very happy to help find that place to "flop for the night" Thanks so much for your review. Hope to see you again soon!
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We really like this hotel. Traveling with small children. Stopped by the hotel quite late at night as it was an unplanned overnight stop. Manager on duty that night was very accommodating. Luckily there was a room available. Pleasantly surprised on how clean and fresh looking the rooms were. We checked out quite early the next day.
I would like stay here again, before I give it the full rating. I would recommend this hotel to families and friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IsRazak,
We know that traveling can be hectic and are happy that you were able to find some relief at Aqua. With multiple hotels in North Beach Village, we can always help to find our guests that perfect spot for their taste and budget. We hope that you can visit us again soon for a longer stay. Take care, NBV
ma.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Loved this hotel was a little weary booking it on-line site unseen but it worked out perfectly. My husband and I are very particular about cleanliness and we were impressed. The staff was very friendly Maggie particularly so. The pools were clean, warm and beautiful. The rooms were spotless and I loved the retro feel. They could use an extra shelf in the bathroom. The beds were comfortable, pillows great. More than enough room. Location was awesome we walked everywhere. Beach was a block, restaurants very close, some shopping but that's not what we were there for. Also loved the distance from the airport. I would love to stay again. I would try an upstairs room though as we kept the curtains drawn as the windows look out onto the parking lot and we had little kids running around upstairs in the morning

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at The Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
allycliff,
We are pleased that Aqua lived up to your expectations. We know that booking via the internet can be a little scary and want our guests to always feel comfortable while booking a North Beach Village hotel. Give us a call next time you're in town, we'll keep an upstairs room ready for you! Take care, NBV
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a charming, clean, chic, comfortable, original little hotel!
The reason I'm only giving the administrative staff 4 stars is because I feel Maggie, the manager, failed greatly in the customer service department the last day of our stay. Let me explain: and please, Maggie, take this as constructive criticism...
Our stay at this special place began on Tuesday, December 10th;
On the Eve of our checkout, the 13th, I called reception and asked about the possibilities of a late check-out since our flight back to PR was not until 8:00pm and my daughter and I were traveling with her three small children. At this time I was told by the nigh staff that they could offer me a 3:00 pm check out time at an added cost of $25.00. I was delighted to hear this and planned my evening and subsequent morning accordingly.
Saturday morning, just as we are setting out to have brunch with the kids' 92 year old great grandma at Peter Pan, the housekeeper asks us if we will be returning; I tell her we have arranged a late check out and proceed with our plans. Maggie, the hotel manager runs out and tells us she knows nothing of our late check out plans and tells us she's fully booked ( Boat Show) and "she'll have to see if she can allow us to stay...". Although bothered by this ineptitude, I forge on and have brunch with Great Grandma. Upon our return, we find ourselves locked out of our room even though all our belongings were still inside. I go to the office and inform Maggie of this, she re-keys my card, and I asked her "well, do we have our promised late check out???
She curtly replies: "Come see me later..." She had a couple in the office with her, I'm assuming they were registering guests...
By this time I'm annoyed and proceed to mobilize the troops to get out and off premises ASAP.
As we are leaving, Maggie comes up, all peaches and cream, "but I was going to allow you to stay until 1:00 pm at no cost! By this time, it was too little, too late...
This could have and SHOULD HAVE been handled in a different manner.
Now that I have vented, I DO recommend this hotel!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Celi W,
You are 100% correct and we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you and your family. We are going to make sure to improve on the communication between the staff to ensure that this type of thing doesn't happen in the future. You are extremely kind to recommend Aqua considering your experience, and we really hope that you'll give us a chance to redeem ourselves next time you're in Ft.Lauderdale.
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

The Aqua Hotel is part of the North Beach Village Resort, a group that is buying up older properties and bringing them to life again, better than ever. To look at the Aqua you think 50's apartment or motel but in great shape. The original designs of the hotels in "Where the Boys Are" movie are coming back to life in the Village. The hotel is all white with a touch of Aqua as in its name. The artwork is fun, black and white beach prints again with a touch of Aqua: bathing suits etc. We had a white leather couch in the living room with a fluffy throw in aqua, a modern white table and chairs, surfboard on the wall, a kitchen which was fully equipped, a huge closet with a safe, and a beautiful comfy king size bed in the bedroom. Everything was very modern and very clean. The bathroom had a lovely aqua glass sink but the bathroom was on the small size. The towels were plush and staying here was delightful. The office staff were all very friendly and helpful, basically they would do anything for you. The Aqua Hotel is located about a block from the Fort Lauderdale Beach. (No hotels are actually on this long stretch of beach) Parking and wifi are both free. I love what the North Beach Village Group is doing. Rather than building new and letting the old become an eyesore they are bringing this area back to life and that is great. The Aqua has two pools: a fresh water one and a salt water pool, a beautiful garden are where you can barbecue. They also have bikes with helmets and iPads that you can rent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Aqua Hotel? Share your experiences!