“Wouldn't have found this place without Tripadvisor - GLAD I did!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Aqua Hotel

You added The Aqua Hotel to your Saves list
The Aqua Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3016 Windamar St., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Formerly Angela's Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #11 of 137 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Boston, MA
“Wouldn't have found this place without Tripadvisor - GLAD I did!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I had an amazing stay at the Aqua Hotel in Fort Lauderdale last week. First of all, they were VERY good about moving my dates a week ahead due to a work reschedule. Just like all the other reviewers, I noticed how everyone was so friendly! From the girl that checked us in to the cleaning staff. There was a light out in the kitchen area of our room the first night, we left a note the next day and not only did we come back to an exceptionally clean room, the light was replaced...Did I mention how exceptionally CLEAN this hotel was? Not only our room, which you could eat off the floors if you wanted (and really, who would really want to?) All the common areas, pool, grounds - outstanding! The lit cubes at night were an interesting feature and the HUGE "Jenga" game made out of wood! I would stay here again in a minute and highly recommend it to anyone else!

Room Tip: The studio was a bit tiny - I'd go for a larger room the next time.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Weeeeeee

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed at the Aqua Hotel for the first time in November 2012, and I was pleasantly surprised!! What a great place to stay.... clean, quiet, very chic, friendly staff....and 1 block from the beach and a number of wonderful places to dine or have a cocktail. I lived in Fort Lauderdale for 6 years and just recently moved to Oregon. Went back to visit friends and get some sun, but before I booked my hotel, I researched several very nice hotels on the beach. Being familiar with the area, as well as having the opportunity to travel a great deal, I knew what I was looking for and what I was willing to pay. Typically, I like to stay at boutique hotels or 4-5 star hotels. I had never heard of the Aqua, but did some research....it looked like what I wanted and the price was right. I was fortunate enough to get one of the suites and loved it!! I will be travelling a few times a year to south Florida and there is no doubt I will stay there again. From the moment I walked through the door to check-in to the time I packed up to leave, I felt cared for and very welcome...Maggie was awesome!! It was like home away from home... Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Loved the suite I stayed in!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We had a great time at the aqua. The staff were very nice and seemed to enjoy seeing us enjoy ourselves. I think we did get a little too loud on our arrival night. My wife was very excited to see all her friends who had traveled to be with her. For that we do apologize and hope it did not ruin any other guest stay. Thanks for the hospitality and for making my wife's birthday special. Hope to see you again.

• Stayed December 2012
Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I'm staying at the Aqua hotel for the first time. The sizeable rooms are decorated with surf boards and are furnished with art deco/South Beach type furniture and colors. The customer service is great. Peaceful and just a block from Ft. Lauderdal'e beach. I'd recommend this to any business person or family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank David F
Lima, Lima, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I spent three days at the Aqua Hotel. Located one block from the beach.The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Thanks to Lucie for your attention and sympathy.
A hotel to recommend. I am planning to return next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Cesar C
Info1000, Owner at The Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Cesar C,
Thank you for your review. We always appreciate guest feedback and are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to your stay next year! Thanks again, NBV
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Aqua for one night before our cruise. It was the day after Sandy went through, but the hotel was so organized. When we arrived the staff was very professional and courteous. After a very quick check in we were taken to our beautiful room. Everything was immaculate and very spacious as other reviewers stated. I wish we could have stayed longer, but we hope to come back for another visit in the future. Again, a beautiful hotel that is only a very short distance from the beach. It was nothing short of perfect!:) Thanks again Aqua for helping my husband and I have a great start to our anniversary vacation!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KatieHawk
Info1000, Owner at The Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
KatieHawk,
Happy (belated) Anniversary! We're so pleased that we were able to help you celebrate! Why not spend your next anniversary with us? Give us a call and let us help plan everything. We'll be waiting to hear from you! Thanks again for your review. Take care, NBV
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our experience was the best ever. When I first pulled into the hotel lot I was greeted by "Maggie" very pleasant and right away I knew I was at the right place. I have never seen such a hotel with pleasant staff and emaculant rooms. The rooms were modern, clean and spacious. We had such a good time we are coming back again!!!
You have to see it to believe it!!!! Great place...

Room Tip: One block from beach and other festivities
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Robinsenior6
Info1000, Owner at The Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Robinsenior6,
Wow, that was such a nice review, thank you so much. We work very hard to make sure our guests are happy and are so happy that it shows. Thanks very much for staying with us, see you soon!