“The worst motel I have ever stayed in” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seville Hotel & Apartments

You added Seville Hotel & Apartments to your Saves list
Seville Hotel & Apartments
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3020 Seville Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #82 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Weiser, Idaho
“The worst motel I have ever stayed in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I arrived after 1800 and there were no staff present and my key was left in the mail box. I had room 111 after circling both building I finally realized that it was a second floor room (with a first floor number) the buildings are not numbered like normal hotels. This place is so run down there was no stopper in the sink, the hot water valve in the shower leaked scalding hot water you had to keep a towel over while taking a shower, The window in the shower was a three section crank out and it was broken and stuck at about 2 inches open so the bathroom door had to remain shut so the AC could cool the room. There were no black out curtains and the security light outside the room made it difficult to sleep. The room floor was so UN-even I tripped when my foot caught on the floor. This place is a dump and not worth the $71.00 I was charged. Spend a few more dollars and stay at one of the motels near by like the Westin. It is almost impossible to get a cab to this motel (they don't want to come down there) I left at 0900 and the staff were still not in the office I went to the Westin motel a block away and they got me a cab almost instantly. The picture on the Booking.com website is not what you find at this motel I will never use Booking.com again and I advise you not to.

Room Tip: Spend the few dollars more and stay in one of the good motels right next to the Seville
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Endicott, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

If anyone ever even considers staying at this place you are crazy. It was the most rundown place I've ever seen. I do not know where they got the picture from that is shown in the photo but it is not from this place. The staff moves at the pace of a snail. After wasting an hour of our time they showed us the room and we said this is not at all like the picture. It was not even cleaned before we checked in. They told us the guy who was staying there before us just moved to another room and some of his stuff was still there. They wanted us to wait longer now. I asked for our money back and they said no since we did it through booking.com. We got a rep on from there who said it was up to hotel and the nut job still refused. I told her id rather sleep on the beach. We booked another hotel and told her there is no way in hell we'd ever stay there. So they stole our money after misrepresentation of the room with photo, room not cleaned, poor service, and unlivable conditions. If I can help anyone out with this and save them a nightmare experience then losing the $115 is well worth it. These people are gross and booking.com does nothing to stand behind such poor customer service. Anyone who says this hotel is nice should have there head examined.

Room Tip: Go to Embassy Suites
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Leyland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We arrived and parked right outside the hotel. Our deluxe king size room was not deluxe. It is definitely due for a re-vamp. The queen sized bed was comfy and en-suite adequate. The air conditioning unit was noisy. But the location was great. Near to the beach and beachfront bars / restaurants. The Water Taxi is only a short walk away which I highly recommend. Nice to see how the other half live.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Seville is a budget-conscious traveler’s best friend in the oftentimes pricey arena of Fort Lauderdale hotels near the beach. I got a spacious, clean room a block and a half from the beach during the middle of the week for a lot less than what other nearby hotels wanted. What won me over was the free parking the Seville offers guests (both in front of the building and down one of its alleyways). While the building is definitely showing its age in some respects, the overall experience won me over.

My check-in at The Seville was a bit unconventional. When I arrived around 4pm, the main office at the front of the building was closed, and there was a sheet taped to the door with my name on it saying something to the effect of, “use the phone by the door.” Sure enough, there was a phone inside a big plastic box outside the main entrance, so I called the phone number on the paper. Dave the manager answered, told me how to get my room key and parking pass, told me I could use my parking pass to park in front or down the ally of the building, and that was about it.

Walking up the exterior stairs to my room, I wasn’t getting a good impression. There was a cigarette butt on the Astroturf material covering the stairs, and the lock and doorknob on the room’s exterior door looked like it had seen better days. Walking into my room though, I quickly became impressed though.

Hence, if you get a choice, I definitely recommend Room 109. The one main room was very large, the bed was large, clean, and nicely decorated, and there was extra furniture to lounge on. The room also featured big windows, and the windows in the northeast corner of the room look down the street and out over part of the ocean (you can’t directly see the beach from the room). One annoyance I had was that one of the window shades was broken, so I had to mess around with that when I bothered to open and shut that set of window blinds. Also, the one trash can in the entire room was very small; at checkout I suggested to the on-duty manager they get an extra or bigger trash can, and they seemed to appreciate the suggestion.

The bathroom was clean too. I especially liked the shower, because there was plenty of room in there, it was nice and clean, and the showerhead seemed fairly new and in good shape. The only annoyance was one of the floor tiles in the bathroom was loose.

The Seville may be a bit rough around the edges, but it’s clean and comfortable, and offers a very good value. If I’m ever in Fort Lauderdale again, I’d be more than happy to check into The Seville again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Albuquerque, NM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Price was low and you could crawl to the beach. Other than that it is hard to praise the place but it was satisfactory. Old and rundown but the rooms were clean. Manager seemed befuddled when showing us the room. He disappeared for the next couple of days after leaving a note on the door. but one of his apartment tenants was nice enough to print our boarding passes on her own computer so no harm/no foul. The very nearby Casablanca was the best restaurant/bar in the area and home to a great show of unique people. It seemed the only one in the area that actual adults visited. I would definitely consider staying again in the unlikely event that we ever return to Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Some might call this hotel “old” or “needs updating”; however, I call it charming. Sure it doesn’t have the pristine qualities of a brand new hotel; however, you simply cannot beat the price for a property located within walking distance of the beach and other activities. We stayed here one night (before our cruise – it is only a brief taxi ride from the pier) and the cost was a little over $100. Most other places wanted 2 or 3 times that much (and many wouldn’t even consider only one night). The room was certainly adequate for our needs, the neighborhood was perfectly safe, and the owner was very friendly. I’d definitely stay here again if I need an overnight stop for a cruise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Photos of the rooms on the website are very misleading compared to what we experienced. When we arrived our room had not been cleaned, there were no sheets on the bed, the celing was leaking, there were overturned garbage cans, the entire room looked grimy, and the bathroom was disgusting to say the least. It honestly looked like a dirty hostel. The doors to the rooms open to the outside and don't have deadbolts or chains.

We brought it to the attention of the manager, who rudely blamed it on the housekeeper, saying that he thought the room had been cleaned hours earlier. He also had been aware of the leaking ceiling, but said he thought it had stopped. He then dragged us around the back of the motel with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth to confront the housekeeper, and told her to clean another room for us that hadn't been done yet either.

After leaving for a short time to allow the housekeeper to clean the new room (which didn't look much better than the first), we returned to find the manager had left for the day, and no motel staff would be there until the next day. We had decided we were not comfortable staying there because of the condition of the room and the lack of security, but had no way of speaking to any employee directly. There was a sign on the door to call an emergency extension to speak to the staff after hours (it was 5:30pm) from a cord phone in a plastic box attached to the side of the building a foot off the ground. When we finally got a hold of someone on a staticky connection, the "emergency number" connected directly to the manager's cell phone. He was completely unwilling to help us, saying that he "had gone home for the day" and that our issues could be dealt with in the morning. When we told him we did not want to stay even one night and wanted a refund for the following nights as we had prepaid for the full stay, he said that we were "zeroed out" on our balance and that a refund would not be possible. We were told to drop our room key in a mailbox next to the front door, which anyone walking down the street had access to at any point until the next morning.

We were really hopeful that this would be a good place to stay because of the great location and relatively low price, but were horribly disappointed to say the least.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Seville Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!