“Fun and Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

539 N Birch Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Miami, Florida
“Fun and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

My friends and I stayed at The Grand this past weekend and had a blast. We met a lot of really cool people by the pool and they had a great happy hour with complementary Sangria! The staff was friendly and continuously went our of their way to make us feel welcome. I was impressed by how nice our room was. It was quite spacious and very comfortable. It was definitely a trip to remember.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I stayed at The Grand since my normal resort was booked for the weekend and I liked it enough to keep it as a second option. The staff was friendly enough but not quite like another resort where I have stayed and go above and beyond. The property is very well kept, clean, and updated with modern touches. There is two pools on site and a hot tub which is a huge bonus. I did have one issue with the main up front pool, there isn't enough chairs for everyone to lay out by the pool so you have to get there early. I found it a little annoying people were saving chairs for folks that hadn't even come down to the pool area yet. The rooms were very spacious and clean, the front desk staff actually upgraded me to a larger room for no extra charge. Be sure to ask when you check in if there are larger rooms available for the same price. I ended up staying in what was like an apartment with a full kitchen, separate living area, and a closed off bedroom. Everything worked great in the room and the internet was fast and free. If you have guest over I would recommend you tell them to enter via the back entrance, the front area is quite busy and offers no privacy. The resort is most definitely better than most gay resort options in Ft Lauderdale and I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of staying here. Always ask about specials they have going on to ensure you get the best price possible.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

The room was perfect--above the pool, great decor, and quite large. The staff was excellent--from booking on the phone to check out. The spa also was great, one of the best massages we've had in a long time (felt like jello after the massage).

We've already decided it's better for us going up there to Fort Lauderdale then down to Key West for a getaway (we live in Miami). Already planning another stay.

Room Tip: Call the Grand directly to book rooms--you'll get the best rates from them; ask about which room...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I recently stayed at The Grand with a group of friends on a weekend trip to Fort Lauderdale. It was my first time at the property and I was instantly impressed with the level of hospitality by the friendly staff. The rooms were very clean and looked as if they were brand new. What I loved most was that I could bring my dog, as they had rooms reserved for guests who like to travel with their pets. I find it sometimes very hard to locate a dog friendlyplace on the beach. The location of the hotel was perfect because we could lay on the beach all day and then enjoy our evenings with the other guests in the pool. We will all be returning to the Grand very soon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011 via mobile

I have to assume the previous reviews are from those who didn't stay in the grand penthouse. For the amount of money we paid for two nights, we expected top notched amenities and service. The only great thing I have to say about the room is the amount of space. Loved the private sun deck. Inside is a different story. Rooms were dusty. Furniture was dated, mattress was sunken in, a/c didn't work in the master bedroom, a/c knob broken in living room, no ventilation in master bedroom, both bathroom faucets vibrated loudly. During the severe storm, roof leaked and water was coming through the drywall.The breakfast and happy hour is subpar compared to others. Other resorts serve beer and wine but the Grand serves cheap tasting sangria. This is my 3rd gay resort I stayed in ft.lauderdale and the other two in Wilton Manors are way better than the Grand.

• Stayed August 2011
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Very nice staff, great beach location. Pool could be warmer. A good overall option for Lauderdale Beach

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I would like to inform you we started our vacation staying at the Royal Palms and after two day decided to checkout and move over to the Grand, RP Resort to say it bluntilly we were not impressed at all. The RP resort was not busy we 2 were guests out of 10, during our stay not one staff member used our name, also found the resort very expensive as we paid $28 plus tip for two cocktails it was chaeper to drink at the Ritz Fort Lauderdale also the rooms are like staying in a IKEA store.

Anyway regarding our stay at the Grand Resort we found the customer service to be outstanding the property overall to be clean, tidy, relaxing, friendly especially Jim. The staff are amazing contuinussly going out of their to assist you, I really enjoyed the free cocktail hour with Jim's signature cocktail

The Staff & Resort are outstanding they made our vacation, I believe the grand blows the other resort away, please keep it up we are looking forward to our return we wont staying anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Grand Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!