“Very welcoming and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Casa Hotel

Save Saved
You added La Casa Hotel to your Saves list
La Casa Hotel
2727 Terramar St., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Formerly The Flamingo Inn Amongst the Flowers) (Central Beach)   |
Chicago
“Very welcoming and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

This is the second time in the past month my partner and I stayed at the Flamingo. We brought two of our best friends and had an absolute fabulous time! Chip and Ray are the very best hosts and make you feel so comfortable...wait until cocktail time...Chip is so much fun! And wait until you meet Kevin. He is the Webster Dictionary definition of "customer service". This is our resort every time we travel to Ft. Lauderdale. Joe & Rob from Chicago.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

My expectations were high based on the reviews here and on a recommendation of a friend who had just returned. I was not disappointed. I can't add much to what has been previously written, so I'll just point out some of my favorite things.

Overall, I enjoyed the attention to detail that I found throughout the stay. The landscaping is beautiful. The breakfast was well-presented and included cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels, and raisin toast. Happy Hour was a great time to get to know other guests. Our room was spacious, quiet, and cool---a welcome retreat on a hot day. Plenty of closet and drawer space, a good size refrigerator, and a large bathroom. We were in a deluxe room.

During our stay all guests, including ourselves, were couples. Several countries were represented and the age range during our stay was mid-20's to mid-50's. Everyone seemed very laid-back and most people spent their days reading or sunning by the pool. Some people swam nude, others didn't, but nobody seemed to care either way. It was not a cruisy atmosphere.

It's an easy walk to the gay beach. Unlike many beaches, there is a total absence of food or beverage vendors, so pack your own or head to the CVS across the street from the beach.

As for eating out, we enjoyed Coconuts with its tables on the intercoastal waterway. The food was great and the already reasonably priced bottles of wine are half-off on Monday nights. We also liked Rosie's for lunch. We were disappointed by the food at Galanga, but agree the waiters are cute. We didn't make it out to any bars or clubs, preferring instead to drink by the pool in the evening, so I can't review those.

All staff and owners were extremely nice and helpful. Really, customer service was top notch. My only complaint is that we didn't stay longer.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

Just returned from a wonderful stay at the Flamingo. The owners and entire staff are outstanding. When we arrived we were told that our room had been upgraded. We had a beautiful suite overlooking the pool/courtyard area. The suite itself was bright, spacious and spotless. The pool and grounds were very well-kept. Tony arranged for roses to be delivered for my partner's birthday and even printed out our return flight boarding passes for us.

The other guests were friendly and personable. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay at the Flamingo again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

It is nearly a year since I stayed there but I really wanted to write a review and tell others just how wonderful and kind Chip Ray and Tony are.I stayed on my own here after attending a conference in Miami.I live in Ireland.What a place.I chose this resort cos i figured that traveling on my own,the happy hour would be a good way for me to meet people. That was exactly what happened. I met lots of people.The rooms are just beautiful with a sort of Old South New Orleans feel to them with wooden fans-just beautiful.Breakfast was lovely as are the grounds and the swimming pool. I rented a bicycle and went to the beach every day.Just great !!

• Liked — atmosphere
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

My partner and I have visited the Flamingo twice in the past 3 months. I am very thankful that I discovered this gem of a property! All of the great reviews that you have read here are 100% true! Chip and Ray are wonderful host. Tony is the absolute best! Everyone at the Flamingo goes above and beyond to make sure that your stay is one to remember. The perfection begins as soon as you check in. The office area is very clean and beautifully decorated. Adjoining the office is a lounge area with very comfortable furniture and again is beautifully decorated. This is where the morning breakfast is served which is everything you would expect from a top notch property. Fresh cut strawberries, yogourt, bagels, nuts, dried fruit, muffins etc. The pool area is very tropical and lush and makes for a very peaceful, relaxing afternoon in the sun. The pool furniture is top notch. Pool towels are provided for guests and relaxing music is played thoroughout the day. Iced tea and cookies are provided poolside each day. Complimentary happy hour is every afternoon at 5 p.m. and is a welcome relief after a long day. The resort staff deliver drinks to the guests while they chat and unwind from the day. Chip always makes a point to make it to happy hour to mingle with the guest and provide insight into what's going on around town. The rooms are by far the best I have seen in a Ft. Lauderdale property or any other guesthouse I have been to visit. The rooms have a West Indies decor with King and Queen size poster beds. The bathrooms are top notch. The rooms are very very clean, wonderfully decorated and very cozy for a nice getaway. You really can't ask for anything more! The resort staff has delivered ice to our room when they see us arrive back to the property and they come by each evening to provide turn down service and to leave chocolates bedside. You can't go wrong in making the choice to stay at the Flamingo!

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Loved everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

To say that the guys make you feel welcome at the time you arrive, is an understatement. It was my partners and my anniversary. Before we left for Fort Lauderdale, I had asked if it was possible to have some champagne, a box of chocolate and some flowers in the room as a surprise for my partner.
Here is what happened: Not only did Ray arrange for the most beautiful bouquet of roses that you can imagine, had the a champagne chilled and arranged on a tray with flowers, they also upgraded our room.
Once we arrived everybody on staff (Chip and Ray the owners included) pampered everybody. You have a question about a good restaurant, they will recommend great spots, call ahead to make sure the restaurant is open and get you directions to get there. You have any question at all, it will be answered with a smile.
The rooms are impecable. The pool area is wonderful and a great place to relax.
During happy hour (about 5:30pm) Chip has always made it a point to talk to all the guests and volunteered information as to what was going on in town that night.
Tony and Kevin where always helpful. In short I have never been in a hotel where the staff was so cheerful, polite, and respectful. I had a great time and would have loved to stay longer!!
Guys, thank you for a great week and I will be back for sure!!!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

On most trips whether they be business or pleasure I want to return home within just a few days. However, we felt so much at home at the Flamingo Inn that I wanted to stay longer. And I would have done if work was not calling!!! We felt welcome from the moment we arrived. In spite of coming in early, at 9:30am, our room was ready and we were able to help ourselves to breakfast. The breakfast had plenty to choose from and was more than sufficient for me. During the day iced tea and cookies were also available. In the evening the owners hosted a "happy hour" which was always enjoyable. Our room was very comfortable. We could have upgraded to a more spacious room. Our friends had one of the suites and it was incredible. We may well do this the next time.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to La Casa Hotel? Share your experiences!