“Flawless” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pineapple Point Guest House and Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Lauderdale
Pineapple Point Guest House and Resort
You added Pineapple Point Guest House and Resort to your Saves list
315 NE 16th Terrace, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 (Victoria Park)   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
“Flawless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

I wasn't going to bother writing a review - as they are not really in need of the praise - but I thought I would just add a couple of comments that might add value. First, for the extra money the villas are worth it. We stayed in the Grand Villa - the private pool and jacuzzi are a real luxury and the kitchen comes with everything you need (we ate in frequently). The only thing that originally put me off booking here was the location - I thought it could be a bit more central - but I have never had a problem getting around. The taxi drivers the resort uses are very good and we've never had any difficulty getting back in the small hours.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

From the moment you ring the bell on the secured gates for entry until the day you load you luggage to head for the airport, you want for nothing on the property. The rooms were gorgeous and the staff was top notch. I am a travel agent and also book several clients there, mostly repeat customers that won't stay anywhere else. If you book a stay at Pineapple Point, you can rest assured you are in for a relaxing fantastic vacation.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

we stayed for 9 nights the guys were wonderful friendly and always really helpfull for anything you needed - either a beach bag - ordering food for you at the pool

we both had a really great time

beds linen - rooms all great

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

If you are looking for the best male gay resort, look no further, Pineapple Point is your place. The rooms and attention to detail will exceed your expectations. The staff took great care of me and made me feel like I was the only guest. Hats off to Phil and Judd who own the place. They run a top notch operation. I cant say enough about Lincoln and the other staffers that work here. I have been staying here since 2003 and return year after year.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

I would definitely stay again at Pineapple Point based on how great the service was and how beautiful the grounds were -- but the price-point is high for what you get. The suite was adequate with adequate furnishings -- and I hope that some updates in the standard suites come soon based on the price. I did get to see inside the villas, which are much nicer. Just be prepared to be slightly disappointed if you aren't able to stay in one and have to book a standard suite.

I've also stayed at many similarly priced inns and guest houses that have much better breakfast options. Some creativity here with more unique foods would be a great and inexpensive way to make guests feel even more special. It would also be great if breakfast was served in the beautiful pool area so guests don't have to go upstairs to get their food and naviage the steps down to the pool with hot coffee and a plate.

The staff, grounds, pools and guests were all fantastic -- and I will return regardless of some of the improvements that could be made.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
, Owner at Pineapple Point Guest House and Resort, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
First of all...thank you for the compliments, as well as the constructive criticism. We take great pride in the beauty of the property, our superior level of customer service, and the fact that we have been what we are from Day 1...11 years ago. I do, however, want to respond to some of this customers' concerns about the property.

One of the things that makes Pineapple Point what it is, is the variety of different types of rooms we offer. Our spectacular Villas, and our contemporary rooms in the newer section, compliment what many of our guests call the Key West style rooms in the main building. And I can honestly tell you...all of the different styles are pretty much equally requested.

As far as breakfast is concerned, we would love to offer some innovative options, but like all guesthouses in town, we are strictly limited by the county, as to what we can serve, and where we are allowed to serve it. We pride our selves in serving a healthy...expanded Continental Breakfast product. We do have trays available at our buffett for guests to bring to the pool area, and are more than happy to carry them down for them.

The thing about Pineapple Point that truly sets us apart is our service. We encourage guests to let us know if something is not perfect during their stay. We're renowned not just for our attention to detail...but for our attention to "service recovery". If we don't live up to our reputation...we want to know...we'll jump through hoops to correct it.

We realize that we are more expensive than our competitors...but the old adage "you get what you pay for" is very prevalant at the resort. As many of our guests tell us, there is nothing...anywhere, that compares to Pineapple Point. We are simply the best...and being the best means higher staffing levels, much higher employee standards/ training, and overhead costs which far exceed any other property. All of which equate to an unprecedented level of customer service, and amenities to our customers.

Again thanks for your continued business. We're happy to know you will definitely stay again!
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I just returned from a 4 day stay at Pineapple Point, and will now make this my hotel of choice in South Florida. I have stayed at other properties on the beach and in the Ft. Lauderdale area, and nothing even comes close to the service, and luxurious accommodations at Pineapple Point. The owners are fantastic and the staff is very attentive. My room was beautifully decorated, clean, and had amazing bedding. Just like a 5 star hotel, there is turn down service every night and chocolate on your pillow. The complimentary breakfast was also a nice touch and unexpected surprise. I would highly recommend this amazing property...and I look forward to returning again this winter!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Sofia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I've been to PP a few times, and the resort never fails to impress me. The lush grounds are immaculate and create a real feeling of a tropical oasis. The staff anticipate your every need, are always incredibly friendly, and aim to please. The owners are very welcoming and are a font of information on what to do in FLL.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Been to Pineapple Point Guest House and Resort? Share your experiences!