“Only one way to describe it.....FABULOUS!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   717 Breakers Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304   |
Ranked #28 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Richmond, Kentucky
“Only one way to describe it.....FABULOUS!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Royal Palms exceeded every expectation that I had! The staff is very helpful and willing to make sure you are accomodated. I cant wait for my next break so I can return....and I will no doubt be back!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
RichardGray, General Manager at The Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
Did you say Fagulous or Fabulous!! :-) So glad we exceeded your expectations. That is high praise indeed. We look forward to your return.
Richard Gray, Founder & Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Phoenicia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

I live full time in the Catskill Mountains, in upstate NY -- snow country -- so I couldn't wait to get to Fort Lauderdale recently for six days of warmth, rest and relaxation. This was my second trip to the city, and my first time staying at the Royal Palms. I chose it simply because I liked the look of their ad on the Manhunt website. I had an absolutely marvelous time, and ended up extending my stay twice -- partly because the weather was mostly gorgeous the entire time, but mainly because I was so happy with the accommodations, the service, and the setting -- for a total of twelve glorious days. Each time I decided to stay longer, I was moved to a new room because the one I was in had been previously booked. No problem -- I got to sample three rooms, and each one was as good as, or better than, the last. The rooms are very clean, attractive and well-furnished; the beds are super comfy and the towels and sheets are of good quality. I slept like a baby every night. The pool water was always perfect and the garden was lovely -- a lush oasis; all I did was lounge naked in the sun everyday, reading and reading or chatting with the other guests. The staff could not have been more helpful, friendly and professional. The Royal Palms is a rare gem, I cannot say enough good things about it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
RichardGray, General Manager at The Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2011
Well lucky us your 6 day reservation turned into a 12 day reservation as you wrere unable to return back to New York due to the terrible snow conditions. Your review of our property is exceptional and I thank you for posting it.. It is reviews like yours that when I sit down with my staff I can pat them on the back and say "well done Team". This is what guest satisfaction is all about! There is only on way.....the right way.
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my brief stay at The Royal Palms Resort. The accommodations were as described and photographed and above all else clean. The staff could not have been more friendly and accommodating. This is a first rate guest house!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
RichardGray, General Manager at The Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 1, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this comment on TripAdvisor. Our staff really are superb. I do hope that you next stay is longer. :-)
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Royal Palms. The service was great, very friendly. The place is small, and each room faces the pool. The whole reason for selecting a gay guesthouse is that we got to spend a lot of time hanging around the pool, which was nicer than walking the few blocks to the beach. Cocktails at 3pm, and a hot tub soak in the evening, and we were set. We met nice people from around the world. Well, from New York and Sweden. The French guys didn't speak much English.

The room is spacious and clean, the bathroom spotless. The bed was too hard, but the room was restful.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
RichardGray, General Manager at The Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Since 1991 when we opened we have had a loyal European customer base. I remember one time we had 12 countries represented at The RP. That was kool. I hope you will be back to try our new property which will have a bar, grill, spa and fitness center. And one block from the world famous Fort Lauderdale Beach. You won't even have to leave our Resort if you don't want to.
West Palm Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

Everything that I heard about the Royal Palms is true.......great rooms, lush gardens and a really nice pool and hot tub. My stay was unexpected as my partner had to fly out of Fort Lauderdale on business and he surprised me with a short stay at this hotel. Being from Florida, I never had a need to stay in Fort Lauderdale. What a treat! I now have a very special getaway to visit. The staff could not have been nicer. We befriended a nice couple from the Midwest and learned that they frequent the Royal Palms about 5 times each year. They told us (and we confirmed) that the hotel is expanding down the street. Brand new rooms and multiple pools. The only negative thing that I can say about this place is that the staff doesn't seem to want to market the new expansion. I say this because one of the guys that we met, who frequents the hotel constantly (he said it is the only place he will stay in Fort Lauderdale), asked a staff member if he could tour the new place. We were all at the pool and this guy (I think his name is Lyle) that acted like he ran the place, told our friend, in front of a group of other guests, that he "simply did not have the time to show the new rooms to anyone." He said that Richard would have to do that........but Richard was not around and this guy did not appear to be that busy.I felt badly for the guy that had asked to get a tour because he had mentioned to me that he was a long time loyal customer and I could tell he was a little taken back by the response of this staff member. It was too bad because I too would have liked to have seen the new rooms since I am in the travel business and could have perhaps referred other potential guests to the hotel. But, this did not take away the fact that if you want to stay in a plush, immaculately clean hotel with most of the benefits of home, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
I am delighted to hear that you now have a special getaway to visit and of course I am glad that our staff could not have been nicer. I did speak to Lyle and he did appologize for the incident that you overheard. The new property is under construction and everyone has to wear a hard hard and I have been giving guests tours of the new buildings. Our new building are quite spectacular. The room furnishings have a modern boutique design with a European sensibility. There is nothing quite like it in the gay market. I sincerely look forward to your return.
Richard Gray, Founder & Director of Operations.
Blue Point, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

We are a well-travelled gay couple and THE ROYAL PALMS in Ft. Lauderdale Beach, FL, falls among our top three places of gay resorts in the US. Our rating is excellent for all the above categories... top shelf; thank you, Richard, Jeff and John!
*****FIVE STARS *****
Erich & Gene

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
RichardGray, General Manager at The Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
Thank you for both for your high praise and we look forward to your return to Fort Lauderdale and another stay at The Royal Palms Resort & Spa Our new property will be open and I am confident that we will continue to elevate the standards and amenities in the gay travel world.
It is my passion and commitment to this industry. Welcome to our family.
Richard Gray, Founder & Director of Operations
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

If I were asked how many times I visited the Royal Palms, I would say, who's counting. That is not important. There are numerous reasons that draw me back to this unique little hotel, nestled in a surprising garden of tropical foliage. However, in truth, there is a superb motivation for returning year after year, that is the hand -picked staff who go beyond their normal list of obligations and, ensure the total comfort of the "royal "guests. This unique quality, I can attest personally,is due to the care and genuine concern of the well known manager, Mr. Richard Gray. He has endeavoured to maintain the highest standards in the complex,and I wonder if he can go beyond perfection. That is why it is aptly named "The Royal Palms." Keep it up Richard.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
RichardGray, General Manager at The Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
We most certainly appreciate your loyalty. Having staff that genuinely care about our guests and who excel at all the small details is what makes a guests stays so extra special at The Royal Palms. This is why so many of our guests continue to return as do their friends.
Richard Gray, Founder & Director of Operations.

Been to The Royal Palms Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!