We highly recommend this gay men's resort, located just 1 block from the ocean and just a $15 cab ride from the Wilton Manors gayborhood. This was the only LGBT lodging we found in FLL that had a bar on premises, a nice fringe benefit if you don't want to make the trip to W.M. As a consequence of the liquor license, no nudity is permitted on the resort until after the bar closes (12M weeknights, 2AM weekends). At that time, the adventuresome head to the 24-hour pool in the buff. If you are a light sleeper, you may want to request a room nearer the quieter back pool rather than the front pool where the bar is located. We stayed here in both January 2013 and March 2013, once in back and once in front, and we did not find the noise in front objectionable. The rooms are clean, and have a frige and laptop-sized safe. Royal Palms moved to this site on Breakers Avenue only recently, and totally renovated the property before moving in from a nearby site. They offer free parking, a spa and fitness center open 7A-10P, and free WiFi. The website says they offer iPad rentals, but we were told they kept getting damaged so they have stopped that practice. The staff is generally friendly, and the food offered at the bar is good. Be sure to plan to stay all day Sunday if you can. They hold a heavily attended Sunday Funday party with live DJ at the front pool, which attracts many from the surrounding resorts. Sunday is the only day that women are allowed into the resort, although we only saw one woman there the entire time of both visits. Guests can bring in friends from outside the resort for free, as there is no Day Pass charge as in some other resorts. It is more expensive than the bargain chain hotels, but seemed on the par with other LGBT resorts in this area. They will charge a deposit of 1 night's stay immediately upon you making a reservation, and you will lose that deposit if you cancel in less than 2 weeks from arrival - which sounds severe, but we found the same policy at all the LGBT resorts in the area. We would most assuredly stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Palms Resort And Spa
- The Royal Palms Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- The Royal Palms Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Palms Resort & Spa, where "Tropical Sensuality" meets chic, contemporary design, is nestled in the heart of the seaside neighborhood of North Beach Village. This sleek, stylish 50 room, gay resort unites a pair of completely renovated buildings to create a private, intimate oasis that is just a short stroll from Fort Lauderdale Beach. Stellar round-the-clock service and luxurious amenities including our Full Service Day Spa, State of the Art Fitness Center, on-property Bar & Grill offering delicious selections for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and our duo of heated swimming pools, combine to make The Royal Palms unique to all of gay-Fort Lauderdale! In addition, the resort offers complimentary Wi-Fi and convenient parking on site.Each room at The Royal Palms Resort and Spa boasts modern European style; all very sexy and clean with pops of tropical color. Every room has a 42" flat screen TV and I-pod Docking Station. All bathrooms feature rainshowers which exhilarate as they trickle refreshingly onto smooth pebble stone floors. In addition every room is luxuriously appointed with the finest linens and most comfortable bath towels imaginable!Mini-Queen at 220 square feet located in the west building,just a few short steps following the resort's lush connecting trailway, but in a "more mellow" area of the property,Double-Queen at 287 square feet located in the west building, just a few short steps following the resort's lush connecting trailway, but in a "more mellow" area of the property,Standard King at 291 square feet located in the west building, just a few short steps following the resort's lush connecting trailway, but in a "more mellow" area of the property,Deluxe King at 295 square feet located by the grille and bar in the east building,Supreme King at 368 square feet located by the grille and bar in the east building, featuring an additional changing alcove.It should be noted that the bar and grille along with all deluxe and supreme king rooms are located on the East Side of the property in the more "active" area of the resort. All other rooms are located on the West Side of the property, just a few short steps following the resort's lush connecting trailway, but in a "more mellow" area of the property. We make every possible effort to honor all of your requests!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Royal Palms Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.