“Short Visit, But Must Have if in the Area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Lauderdale Beachfront

Fort Lauderdale Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Resort & Spa, 2301 S.E. 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
(888) 761-8045
Type: Beaches, Outdoors
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Beaches! That's why you came to Fort Lauderdale and its 23 miles of beachfront are some of the best in Florida, whether you're here for the sun, ocean or people watching.
Standish, Maine
21 attraction reviews
“Short Visit, But Must Have if in the Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I had to pick up a family member and drive them to New England. Since I was in the area, I made a short detour and decided to stop at the beach. Keep in mind, it was December 4, 2013. I arrived at 11am. There is parking right in front of the beach. I paid $2.00 to park for 1 hour. There were plenty of spots. There were also bath houses along this area. However, given the amount of high rise hotels and all I have seen on tv about this area, I can see how the parking spots would fill up early in the morning, during Spring Break and summer time. The beach is typical east coast sand. I actually prefer the beaches on the west coast - as the sand is much whiter and finer. The day of my visit, it was the mid 80's - yes on 12/4/13. The water was warm. And a New Englander - I was in Heaven for 60 minutes just soaking up the sun and the warmth of the water. As we left, I continued to drive down the "main drag" to soak it all in. Having the ocean at my side as I was driving - was enjoyable. I can see how this beach could get very crowded and parking be difficult during peak times. But for a mid December visit, it could not have been more perfect.

Visited December 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
metro area Washington, DC
36 attraction reviews
“My favorite beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Ft. Lauderdale Beach is my favorite beach in Florida. I have been to probably all beaches on the east coast from Jaxville to Key West, and some on the west coast of FL. My family drove the length of A1A then on to Key West every year to see family in KW, before we moved to FTL. We would stop at different beaches on the way down. Unlike most beaches in south FL where you have to park and then walk a distance to the beach, FTL Beach you drive by the ocean and park by the beach. The clean, white sand beach is miles long and wide. The drive along the beach is exceptional. The south end has restaurants, shops, hotels, bars, and parking is harder to find. The north end is spacious beach overlooking the blue ocean. Parking is metered and very reasonable. Walks on the beach, wading in the water, or swimming is great fun at this tropical beach. We go to Miami every year and will drive to FTL just to go to the beach, because we love it! Don't miss the beautiful drive along Fort Lauderdale Beach. You won't regret it.

Visited July 2013
Davie, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Small shore full of people”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Parking is costly and walking to get to the beach is horrendous. Too many people everywhere, very over-crowded. Sea-weed covers the shore. Don't even think about visiting here during holiday weekends, wait in traffic for hours, single lane streets everywhere, too much development.

Visited June 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
31 attraction reviews
“Clean sand and clear water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We visited in November 2013 and the sand was clean with only one jelly fish sighting. The water was clear and really warm! Loved playing in the waves at high tide and also walking the long length of the beautiful beach. Right by our hotel it was shallow for a few feet, then a drop off for about twenty feet, then a sand bar so you could be out yards from the beach and be once again in waist deep water.

Visited November 2013
Gainesville, FL
13 attraction reviews
“My Favorite Urban Beachfront”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I love sitting at Spazio's at A1A & Las Olas sipping a cold one at happy hour and watching the world go by. And what a world it is there!

Visited November 2013