“The Grouper was succulent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #341 of 1,123 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Houston, Texas
“The Grouper was succulent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My friend and I had been walking on the beach and she decided she wanted lunch before we caught our plane to return home after our cruise. Our waitress was friendly and informative when we had questions about an item on the menu. I ordered the blackened Grouper and it was certainly fantastic looking and marvelously delicious!!! Yummy!! The beer was cold, the food was great and the waitress was friendly. What more can you ask. The swings for seating was a unique concept and will make you remember that alone.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pembroke Pines, Florida
“BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My fiancé and I came in town for the weekend wanted to enjoy the night out. We stopped in at the restaurant for a bite to eat, but as the hostess proceeded to seat us the guy (employee) from out of nowhere stated the kitchen was closed very loud. “THE KITCHEN IS CLOSED “. The other customers in the restaurant was looking and staring at us like they really couldn’t believe the he really stood there and make the statement out loud. We we're so embarrassed that we left. The manager was on staff he did not try to stop us from leaving or anything. Is that away for this cooperation to treat customers?

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Potomac Falls, Virginia
“Not your run of the mill sports bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

A group of family members flew into Fort Lauderdale the night before our Caribbean cruise. We didn’t have a car so we decided we would walk to the Quarterdeck since it was one of the few food establishments in the neighborhood. We were immediately impressed by the wide offerings on their menu. They had a deep selection of sushi along with more traditional sports bar fare. We started out by getting some calamari and a sushi roll for appetizers. The sushi roll was not your run of the mill roll, but had a lot of ingredients. Both the sushi and the calamari were outstanding. One suggestion I would make to management, put your sushi offerings on your online menu.

For our main dish we tried the prime rib and the mahi-mahi. The prime rib was very lean and one of the best I have ever had. The mahi-mahi was also cooked properly (not try) and tasty. Although the service was somewhat slow (as others have noted), staff were nevertheless very friendly.

All being said, Quarterdeck is a nice attractive sports bar with a much wider than anticipated menu. Two forks up!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Tourists beware”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Just returned home and my wife wanted to try this restaurant and it was close to the airport. Was surprised to find no parking around the restaurant, and a crowd out front. After parking a half a block away and walking up, I discovered that the crowd was the crew out front smoking cigarettes.
We went inside and the hostess recommended sitting outside because of the children running around inside. The table 'rockers' outside were comfortable, but needed some major cleaning. We ordered 'A couple of margaritas' and they were delivered after a short wait. Not bad!
We ordered the Mahi Tacos and Mahi Blackened for dinner. It took about 40 minutes for our food to come out. The Mahi was not blackened and was delivered by the manager. When asked if it was blackened, he quickly swiped the plate away and ran back to fix the order. I tried to catch him and let him know I would just eat it grilled, but he left so quickly. 2 minutes later, the same piece of fish and plate came back with a bunch of seasoning dumped on it. Not only was it dry as a bone, but the vegetables were cold. Too bad, because when it came out, it looked pretty good. The Fish Tacos were good and my wife enjoyed them.
We would have had a second drink, but our server didn't show up until we had finished with everything and just dropped the check. Nobody asked if our food was good or if we wanted anything else. While reviewing the bill, we were charged for double tall premium Margaritas that were double the price they should have been. Obviously, there was a mistake, but no, you apparently need to specify 'house single margarita' to get charged correctly.
I don't mind paying extra for a great dinner or double on a cocktail. However, paying over $60 for 2 drinks, a piece of fish with cold vegetables, and Fish Tacos seemed very excessive.
As we left, I let the server know his tip was on the table. He thanked me with a cloud of cigarette smoke.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Frank Z, Owner at Quarterdeck Restaurants, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
I would like to apologize for the recent experience you had while dining at Quarterdeck Restaurant. First and foremost we take our customer satisfaction seriously and we obviously let you down. I am sorry again for that. Please know that we start each and every day and shift with one goal: Make the experience the best it can be for our guests. I understand that we can never have a perfect shift, but my job is to ensure it's as perfect as possible. Please accept my offer to come back and give us another try as we would hate to lose you as a customer for good. We know that there are many options in and around Ft Lauderdale to dine and I know that we have one of the best there is.

Please send me your address via email to qdrestaurants@mac.com so I may send you a gift certificate to dine with us again soon.

Frank Zaffere
Pittsburgh, Pa
“Great place to hang and watch sports”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We always come to the Quarterdeck,when were in Lauderdale. Fun sports bar with great bartenders. I haven' t had a food item that I didn't like. Burgers are very good,but my favorite is the Philly tuna hoagie. Give it a try when in the area

• Visited October 2013